1 Star
2%

Total votes : 92

Re: Get It Back - New Studio Song

Mon October 19, 2020 4:49 pm

you people...

Mon October 19, 2020 4:50 pm

obsessed fans (of a certain demographic)

Mon October 19, 2020 5:09 pm

tree_ wrote:Hyperbolic, but I made the point I wanted to make. I don't know how you people don't think this song is complete garbage.

You don't understand how your opinion isn't objective fact? I thought you were supposed to be one of the smart guys.

Mon October 19, 2020 5:13 pm

Also, your analogy was bad. Resequencing an album would be more like reediting a single movie.

Mon October 19, 2020 5:16 pm

It's still not comparable because most albums aren't driven by plot. Unless they're concept albums

Mon October 19, 2020 5:19 pm

Right, and resequencing an album takes far less time and effort.

Mon October 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Point taken, not a great analogy, extremely hyperbolic. I'm just annoyed you guys like this terrible song. It can only be due to blind fandom.

Mon October 19, 2020 5:25 pm

tree_ wrote:Point taken, not a great analogy, extremely hyperbolic. I'm just annoyed you guys like this terrible song. It can only be due to blind fandom.

I want to see a full list of all of the things you like. I'd like to see if it passes muster.

Mon October 19, 2020 5:29 pm

You are free to like what you like. And I'm free to think you have terrible taste. But I prefer to think you're blinded by fandom because I believe your tastes outside of PJ are good.

Mon October 19, 2020 8:27 pm

I enjoy the song well enough. 3 stars. But not only does this not belong on Gigaton, I don’t even see it working within the same realm that the Gigaton songs inhabit. It just happened to be written at the same time. It’s simply a good b-side.

It’s kind of like Black Red Yellow being written at the same time as No Code.

Mon October 19, 2020 8:42 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:I enjoy the song well enough. 3 stars. But not only does this not belong on Gigaton, I don’t even see it working within the same realm that the Gigaton songs inhabit. It just happened to be written at the same time. It’s simply a good b-side.

I can dig that comparison. BRY had that Who-ish breakdown in it that I kind of needed from the band, even if the song is nothing special.

Mon October 19, 2020 8:45 pm

tree_ wrote:Point taken, not a great analogy, extremely hyperbolic. I'm just annoyed you guys like this terrible song. It can only be due to blind fandom.

I'm hardly a blind fan. I haven't liked a Pearl Jam album in years, including Gigaton.

But I really, genuinely enjoy this song. The melodic, instrumental and arrangement choices really hang together for me.

Mon October 19, 2020 10:29 pm

RockPusher wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:I enjoy the song well enough. 3 stars. But not only does this not belong on Gigaton, I don’t even see it working within the same realm that the Gigaton songs inhabit. It just happened to be written at the same time. It’s simply a good b-side.

I can dig that comparison. BRY had that Who-ish breakdown in it that I kind of needed from the band, even if the song is nothing special.

Me knowing the truth, I cannot concur!

Tue October 20, 2020 2:36 am

tree_ wrote:
Bammer wrote:This re-tracking thing that you guys do. I don’t get it.
it's called obsession

I’m not obsessed with Gigaton. I thought it was bloated and I made a playlist I have since listened to half a dozen times. I still like albums, but I don’t have to suffer through shit I don’t want to hear or even hit the skip button anymore. I used to be obsessed with Pearl Jam and would convince myself some songs needed more time to grow. Fuck that. If I’ve given it 30 listens and it’s still a grind, it’s out.

Tue October 20, 2020 2:59 am

Someone ban this guy

Tue October 20, 2020 5:36 am

Birds in Hell wrote:I haven't liked a Pearl Jam album in years, including Gigaton.

This kind of thing cracks me up.

Like, I used to enjoy pro wrestling a lot when I was in high school but I really haven’t enjoyed it since then. Not like I’m out there posting thousands of times on a WWF message board 20 years later.

Tue October 20, 2020 6:55 am

Bammer wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:I haven't liked a Pearl Jam album in years, including Gigaton.

Like, I used to enjoy pro wrestling a lot when I was in high school but I really haven’t enjoyed it since then. Not like I’m out there posting thousands of times on a WWF message board 20 years later.

Oh man, bullseye! You got me.

Tue October 20, 2020 2:19 pm

tree_ wrote:Hyperbolic, but I made the point I wanted to make. I don't know how you people don't think this song is complete garbage.

You have definitely made your point. Over and over and over.

Tue October 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Is Bammer the John Cena of RM?

Tue October 20, 2020 2:40 pm

Bammer wrote:

It's more like if you were still a fan of the early wrestling matches but stopped enjoying the new ones, and you've been posting on this WWF message board since before you stopped enjoying them and developed relationships with the people there so you stuck around even though the new matches are underwhelming. And also you still watch the old matches on occasion. Your comparison is bad Bammer
Post a reply