Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Ed, uke by song?

Tue July 21, 2020 5:36 pm

Does anyone know what song Ed uses what kind of Uke for? I'm not looking for makes (after browsing a few guitar forums on the internet, Jimmy Hendrix decided his gear was too cheap and gave up on trying to make it as a rock star) I'm thinking more numbers of strings etc. I'm trying to learn Once in a While but there's a really high note on the chord just before the chorus that I can't find a chord for (despite trying to work it out myself and look on the internet). It would be helpful for me if I knew I'm on a hiding to nothing with a standard 4 string. Thanks for any info.

Re: Ed, uke by song?

Wed July 22, 2020 4:17 pm

He plays mandolin quite a bit on ITW and in concert. Is there a chance he had a mandolin on some uke tracks?

Wed July 22, 2020 4:24 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:He plays mandolin quite a bit on ITW and in concert. Is there a chance he had a mandolin on some uke tracks?

No

JA

Wed July 22, 2020 4:27 pm

Per Uke Songs Book reelased by Ed:

Various Ukes:

Kamaka Tenor, Kamaka 6 String, Ceniza 5 string martin tenor, DeVine tenor, Earnest Tele, EV Electric Uketar

Wed July 22, 2020 5:25 pm

Did you have the booklet to look at, or do you have that memorized?

Wed July 22, 2020 5:29 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:Did you have the booklet to look at, or do you have that memorized?

I have the book!

Wed July 22, 2020 9:34 pm

Strat wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:He plays mandolin quite a bit on ITW and in concert. Is there a chance he had a mandolin on some uke tracks?

No

JA

:lol:

Thu July 23, 2020 1:17 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, he lists the Ukes on the US booklet albeit not by song. It's fascinating finding out about different versions of the same instrument (baritone, etc). Thinking of getting Into the Wild soundtrack for various reasons, I've seen some good covers of Rise on the Uke as well.
Post a reply