The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2017 and 2018 singles and Deep magazines
PostPosted: Fri April 10, 2020 2:57 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Farmer John wrote:
Would anyone mind sending me a PM? I've only listened via that link.

go here.
Got Some wrote:
https://www.guerrillacandy.com/2020/04/07/listen-to-pearl-jam-cover-soundgardens-hunted-down/

bune wrote:
Open the page up in source view and search for the four MP3 links, from there you should be good. what's weird is that they came with art and tagging already so I think they put the actual files up.

fyi works well on other audio links from the site because they're all saved locally.

Do this.
bune wrote:
Open the page up in source view and search for the four MP3 links, from there you should be good. what's weird is that they came with art and tagging already so I think they put the actual files up.

fyi works well on other audio links from the site because they're all saved locally.

I did it in firefox and it worked great. chrome doesn't let you do source anymore, though maybe there's a keyboard shortcut that does it? In firefox I just right-clicked and clicked the "see source" or whatever the context menu said and the searched it for .mp3. All four links are there, you just have to figure out what to do with the links to download.

PostPosted: Fri April 10, 2020 3:04 pm 
Rank This Poster

I actually tried that earlier but couldn't figure out how to save the mp3 files.

Fortunately a kind soul PMed me.

PostPosted: Fri April 10, 2020 3:26 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

:thumbsup:

me, I pasted them into an RM post, previewed it to see them as links, and right-click-saved them.

PostPosted: Fri April 10, 2020 3:57 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

2020 folks, time to know how to download and save a simple file.

PostPosted: Fri April 10, 2020 4:15 pm 
Production Police

I love when Ruddo wakes up and decides he’s not having any of it today

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 12:13 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
Analog Update: Ten Club takes pride in making the effort to support local small businesses which does occasionally come with challenges. Unfortunately we hit a production issue with one such supplier and had to source a new manufacturer, further delaying our ability to ship these out. This delay has now been compounded by Covid-19 factory closures. While we cannot provide a guarantee on when these items will be shipped, we can guarantee we will get them to you as soon as possible. While we are working on this, we’ve uploaded the digital versions of the following items for those eligible members.

They should explain stuff more often.

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 12:16 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

B wrote:
Quote:
Analog Update: Ten Club takes pride in making the effort to support local small businesses which does occasionally come with challenges. Unfortunately we hit a production issue with one such supplier and had to source a new manufacturer, further delaying our ability to ship these out. This delay has now been compounded by Covid-19 factory closures. While we cannot provide a guarantee on when these items will be shipped, we can guarantee we will get them to you as soon as possible. While we are working on this, we’ve uploaded the digital versions of the following items for those eligible members.

They should explain stuff more often.

dang it takes 3 years to find a new manufacturer

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 12:27 am 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
2020 folks, time to know how to download and save a simple file.

:lol:

I always want to help people in this situation, but I've never been able to figure out how unless it's a link that someone else sent me.

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 12:47 am 
Rank This Poster

I want to see video of Ruddo going into the html of that page and extracting and saving the mp3 files to show everyone how easy it is.

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 2:43 am 
Mind Your Tanners

pretend I'm good at editing and the text was changed to "hey look, I downloaded some mp3s. it only took me like, what, 10 seconds? 11, tops."

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 2:14 pm 
Rank This Poster

It's 2020, bune. Time to learn how to edit a simple meme.

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 6:00 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Farmer John wrote:
I want to see video of Ruddo going into the html of that page and extracting and saving the mp3 files to show everyone how easy it is.

Are you talking about on pearljam.com? I selected "download" then went to the file in my file manager app, extracted all to the folder I wanted it in, then listened on my music player app. All on my phone. It took like two minutes.

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 7:08 pm 
Rank This Poster

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Farmer John wrote:

Are you talking about on pearljam.com? I selected "download" then went to the file in my file manager app, extracted all to the folder I wanted it in, then listened on my music player app. All on my phone. It took like two minutes.

I'm not a 10c member. I'm talking about getting the mp3 files from the source view of that guerrilla candy link.

But it's fine. Let's just delete this last page forever. :peace:

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 7:16 pm 
Poster of the Year

bodysnatcher wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
wease wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
Interesting bit of info concerning the Vault talk every year: they did NOT tape MSG 1998 because MSG would have charged too much. So this will never be a Vault release.

Why would they have been charged for taping? Why would the venue have a say in that?

Here's the exact quote from the interview:
Q: Some fans have wondered why the famous version of “Breath” from the second Madison Square Garden show wasn’t included. (in "Live on 2 Legs")
A: Well, New York City unions charge 10 or 12 grand to record, so we didn’t record it! There were a couple of shows along those lines. Montreal was the same thing. They wanted a ton of money. Sadly, those end up being some of the best shows. This was at a point where we didn’t even know we were working on a live record. Was it worth it dollar-wise to pay all that money just to have some tapes sit in a vault? Turns out maybe, but that’s hindsight.

ah yes. they would have the union set up the recording equipment instead of the guys who tour day in and day out with the band. yeah that makes more sense.

Pearl Jam is a Right to Work band.

PostPosted: Sat April 11, 2020 8:03 pm 
Banned from the Pit

I'd be super appreciative of a pm with a link from a kind soul

PostPosted: Sun April 12, 2020 9:06 am 
AnalLog

cutuphalfdead wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
wease wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
Interesting bit of info concerning the Vault talk every year: they did NOT tape MSG 1998 because MSG would have charged too much. So this will never be a Vault release.

Why would they have been charged for taping? Why would the venue have a say in that?

Q: Some fans have wondered why the famous version of “Breath” from the second Madison Square Garden show wasn’t included. (in "Live on 2 Legs")
A: Well, New York City unions charge 10 or 12 grand to record, so we didn’t record it! There were a couple of shows along those lines. Montreal was the same thing. They wanted a ton of money. Sadly, those end up being some of the best shows. This was at a point where we didn’t even know we were working on a live record. Was it worth it dollar-wise to pay all that money just to have some tapes sit in a vault? Turns out maybe, but that’s hindsight.

ah yes. they would have the union set up the recording equipment instead of the guys who tour day in and day out with the band. yeah that makes more sense.

Just saw this somewhere! A brand new version (uncirculated aud) of a MSG II 1998 recording: https://we.tl/t-Yf4lKcOyGu

PostPosted: Sun April 12, 2020 8:23 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

joostone wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
wease wrote:
raven2001 wrote:

Just saw this somewhere! A brand new version (uncirculated aud) of a MSG II 1998 recording: https://we.tl/t-Yf4lKcOyGu

It sounds pretty damn good too.

PostPosted: Mon April 05, 2021 3:30 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Arriving in Seattle.

PostPosted: Mon April 05, 2021 4:25 pm 
The Master

what songs are they again?

PostPosted: Mon April 05, 2021 4:32 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

That’s funny.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam