The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Strongest track number in the catalog?
1: Once / Go / Last Exit / Sometimes / Brain Of J / Breakerfall / Can’t Keep / Life Wasted / Gonna See My Friend / Getaway / Who Ever Said 24%  24%  [ 19 ]
2: Evenflow / Animal / Spin the Black Circle / Hail Hail / Faithfull / Gods’ Dice / Save You / World Wide Suicide / Got Some / Mind Your Manners / Superblood Wolfmoon 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
3: Alive / Daughter / Not For You / Who You Are / No Way / Evacuation / Love Boat Captain / Comatose / The Fixer / My Father’s Son / Dance of the Clairvoyants 16%  16%  [ 13 ]
4: Why Go / Glorified G / Tremor Christ / In My Tree / Given To Fly / Light Years / Cropduster / Severed Hand / Johnny Guitar / Sirens / Quick Escape 25%  25%  [ 20 ]
5: Black / Dissident / Nothingman / Smile / Wishlist / Nothing As It Seems / Ghost / Marker in the Sand / Just Breathe / Lightning Bolt / Alright 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
6: Jeremy / WMA / Whipping / Off He Goes / Pilate / Thin Air / I Am Mine / Parachutes / Amongst the Waves / Infallible / Seven O’Clock 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
7: Oceans / Blood / Pry, To / Habit / Do The Evolution / Insignificance / Thumbing My Way / Unemployable / Unthought Known / Pendulum / Never Destination 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
8: Porch / Rearviewmirror / Corduroy / Red Mosquito / Red Dot / Of The Girl / You Are / Big Wave / Supersonic / Swallowed Whole / Take the Long Way 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
9: Garden / Rats / Bugs / Lukin / MFC / Grievance / Get Right / Gone / Speed of Sound / Let the Records Play / Buckle Up 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
10: Deep / Elderly Woman / Satan’s Bed / Present Tense / Low Light / Rival / Green Disease / Wasted Reprise / Force Of Nature / Sleeping By Myself / Comes Then Goes 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
11: Release / Leash / Betterman / Mankind / In Hiding / Sleight of Hand / Help Help / Army Reserve / The End / Yellow Moon / Retrograde 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
12: Indifference / Aye Davanita / I’m Open / Push Me, Pull Me / Soon Forget / Bushleaguer / Come Back / Future Days / River Cross 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
13: Immortality / Around The Bend / All Those Yesterdays / Parting Ways / Half Full / Inside Job 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
14: Stupid Mop / Arc 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
15: All Or None 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 80
 Post subject: Re: Strongest track number in the catalog
PostPosted: Wed April 08, 2020 1:23 am 
A Return To Form

Adding in some Lost Dogs. I still like my vote of Track 7 as these are two of my favorite dogs.

1. All Night / Fatal
2. Sad / Other Side
3. Down / Hard to Imagine
4. Hitchhiker /Footsteps
5. Don't Gimme No Lip / Wash
6. Alone / Dead Man
7. In the Moonlight / Strangest Tribe
8. Education / Drifting
9. Black, Red, Yellow / Let Me Sleep
10. U / Last Kiss
11. Leaving Here / Sweet Lew
12. Gremmie Outta Control / Dirty Frank
13. Whale Song / Brother
14. Undone / Bee Girl (w/ 4/20/02)
15. Hold On
16. Yellow Ledbetter

PostPosted: Tue March 09, 2021 10:38 pm 
Future Drummer

7 Years and Maybe Longer wrote:
Adding in some Lost Dogs. I still like my vote of Track 7 as these are two of my favorite dogs.

1. All Night / Fatal
2. Sad / Other Side
3. Down / Hard to Imagine
4. Hitchhiker /Footsteps
5. Don't Gimme No Lip / Wash
6. Alone / Dead Man
7. In the Moonlight / Strangest Tribe
8. Education / Drifting
9. Black, Red, Yellow / Let Me Sleep
10. U / Last Kiss
11. Leaving Here / Sweet Lew
12. Gremmie Outta Control / Dirty Frank
13. Whale Song / Brother
14. Undone / Bee Girl (w/ 4/20/02)
15. Hold On
16. Yellow Ledbetter

Interesting. I scrolled through and found 3, 4, 10, 11 highlights. I do see some of the value in 6. To me this highly strengthens 3 and 6

PostPosted: Tue March 09, 2021 10:39 pm 
Future Drummer

Track 1 - Pearl Jam albums tend to have solid openers. Go, Sometimes, Life Wasted, Who Ever Said stand out as the best. Once, and Last Exit are very good for the albums they're on, and set the tone well, so they're effective in this lot. GSMF and Getaway are...pretty bad actually. Brain of J and Can't Keep are solid. I hate Breakerfall. None of these are album highlights to be fair...but half are good for tone-setting

Track 2 - Even Flow, Animal, Hail Hail, Save You...now we're getting somewhere. A lot of these (WWS, Got Some, Faithfull, STBC) stand out as good tracks on their albums but not the best ones in any case. A strong track, but not #1

Track 3 - Alive, Daughter, Not For You, Who You Are, My Father's Son, Dance of the Clairvoyants, Love Boat Captain......to me, all of these are highlights on their respective albums. The fixer, Comatose, No Way are good. Weak note here is only Evacuation. Ok, this is a contender

4. Oh wow...Why Go, Glorified G, Tremor Christ, Given To Fly, Light Years, Johnny Guitar, Sirens, Quick Escape...these are also all highlights. And a lot of people do like In my Tree. Cropduster and Severed Hand are ok. 3 and 4 are both in the running

5. I love Black, and I like a lot of these tracks (Dissident, Nothingman, Smile, Wishlist, NAIS, Lightning Bolt). But this to me, reminds me of Track 2...good but not standout. Alright is weak

6. Hmm...now here's some fun ones. Jeremy, Off He Goes, Thin Air, Parachutes, Amongst the Waves, Infallible, Seven O'Clock. All strong tracks. A lot of them deeper cuts that really enhance the album. I really hate I Am Mine though, and WMA to me is the weakest Vs track. Whipping could have been left off Vitalogy and nobody would even notice. Pilate is fun but its not very substantial.

7. Do The Evolution is good, Thumbing My Way is good, Insignificance is...fine (but worse on Binaural than if you separate it from all the other droney rockers on that album). Umm....a lot of these tracks play decent supporting roles (Pendulum, Unemployable). I hate Blood and Habit, Pry, To is useless, Unthought Known is good but backspacer is just a weird album. Never Destination is fine. I think this is the weakest track so far.

8. Oo...Porch, Rearviewmirror (I dont even like it but it has a strong role on the album), Corduroy, Red Mosquito.....those are all highlights. Of the Girl is good. But now we are stuck with Red Dot, Big Wave, Supersonic....Swallowed Whole and Take the Long Way are fine...Of the Girl is good. I dunno. I just can't consider this a contender because after the first four albums it has such a huge dropoff

9. Ugh, Bugs. Also stuck with Lukin. And let the records play. That's a bad start. Garden is fine but tied with Deep as the most blah Ten tracks. I love Rats, I like MFC, Grievance live is great, Get Right is fun, Speed of Sound and Buckle Up are fun too. But this is just like...a spot for a couple solid quirky tracks. Nice, but cant win.

10. Ok...wow....we have Elderly Woman, Present Tense, Comes Then Goes, all STRONG STRONG highlights of the albums. Deep, Satan's Bed, Green Disease, Wasted Reprise...those just bring this down so much sadly. I really like Low Light, Rival, Force Of Nature, and Sleeping By Myself too. This really could have been a contender if not for having the bad luck to be stuck with the four aforementioned tracks.

11. Ok, we have Release, we have Betterman, we have In Hiding. But then we are stuck with Mankind and Help Help. This is honestly a pretty good one though, though Leash while fun is not a highlight of Vs. Sleight of Hand, Army Reserve, The End, Yellow Moon, and Retrograde are all solid tracks on their respective albums. I just don't know if this can take down the other tracks mentioned above as contenders

12. Indifference is awesome. I really like Come Back. But this must be the weakest one so far honestly.

13. Interesting. This is a strong one but can you really count it with so few to choose from? Inside Job is a weird closer, but all of the rest of these do their jobs very well, and I don't dislike Inside Job.

14. lol

15. I mean...its a great song and a highlight of Riot Act? Its average would probably be high because of that lol but obviously its not in the spirit of things.

Hmmm....

PostPosted: Tue March 09, 2021 10:46 pm 
Future Drummer

To summarize I think contenders are 3, 4, 10 and 11

1, 2, and 5 are all solid but I feel like they are all somehow contenders for second place since they are consisted of a collection of songs that are in the top songs of each album but not THE top. Its another one where if I adjust my expectations I maybe should give them more consideration (because they have a high concentration of worthwile songs) but I just want some that has big highlights.

Everybody has gone into these before but I think 3 really deserves more attention. Alive/Daughter/Not For You/Who You Are is an incredibly strong list of four. Evacuation is the only one of these that are bad

The more I think 3, and 4 are the most solid in that they have very few duds. 10 and 11 have a couple that I am basically overlooking in each one. And 6 while it has some of my absolute favorite underrated tracks like Thin Air and Parachutes (catalog highlights that are not the most talked about or given attention to) I cant get over my dislike of WMA and Whipping. Those are some of the best Pearl Jam albums and those songs are just not classic.

If you appreciate WMA and Whipping like I appreciate Thin Air and Parachutes I could see you absolutely loving this as the hidden gem track.

But I also hate I Am Mine, and all things considered Jeremy/WMA/Whipping/Off He Goes/Pilate is not a very strong set from the first albums like Alive/Daughter/Not For You/Who You Are/No Way, or Why Go/Glorified G/Tremor Christ/In My Tree/Given To Fly is.

Ill vote for 3 because nobody has talked about it so far. Plus, Down and Hard to Imagine are some of the Lost Dogs highlights as well

PostPosted: Sun March 14, 2021 11:59 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

PostPosted: Mon March 15, 2021 2:03 am 
mXn

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I honestly don’t know what a “simp post” is but this feels like it might be one

PostPosted: Mon March 15, 2021 2:10 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Bammer wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

There’s enough wordy posts on this board. I did you a favor with my post

PostPosted: Mon March 15, 2021 2:11 am 
mXn

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Bammer wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

There’s enough wordy posts on this board. I did you a favor with my post

It wasn’t about the length (quote out of context material) of the post. It’s that you chose track 1.

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam