33%
2 Stars
11%
1 Star
6%

Total votes : 142

Re: Retrograde

Tue May 12, 2020 10:33 pm

I like this song, but I did heard LB right away, and initially found it off-putting because of that.

Tue May 12, 2020 10:34 pm

Jaeti wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Ms Harmless wrote:if Lightning Bolt had never happened, a lot of people would be appreciating this song

yeah, this might be right.

This just may apply to me.

dito

Tue May 12, 2020 10:39 pm

if you feel the Spirit's conviction, there is still time to repent

Tue May 12, 2020 10:48 pm

Stand back when the spirit comes

Tue May 12, 2020 11:32 pm

sweeper wrote:This is going to be the 4th single and it's going to annoy people here. I'm excited for that.

From April 7th. I was pretty close.

Tue May 12, 2020 11:35 pm

Btw, I think people underestimate how difficult it would be to make a song like Quick Escape a single given the Trump reference. There are stations across the country that just wouldn't play the song due to it pissing off their listeners.

Tue May 12, 2020 11:45 pm

sweeper wrote:Btw, I think people underestimate how difficult it would be to make a song like Quick Escape a single given the Trump reference. There are stations across the country that just wouldn't play the song due to it pissing off their listeners.

I can't imagine the band gives a shit about that though.

The fact that the word "fucked" is in it is probably a way bigger "obstacle."

Tue May 12, 2020 11:59 pm

Leatherhead wrote:I like this song, but I did heard LB right away, and initially found it off-putting because of that.

Same here...at least initially. The song has definitely grown on me though. Its probably still a bottom 3 song on this album, but would easily be top 3 on LB.

Wed May 13, 2020 12:06 am

Thurman Murman wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:I like this song, but I did heard LB right away, and initially found it off-putting because of that.

Same here...at least initially. The song has definitely grown on me though. Its probably still a bottom 3 song on this album, but would easily be top 3 on LB.

It may be bottom 3 on Gigaton, it would be the best song on LB.

Wed May 13, 2020 3:04 am

Hear the sound
In the distance now
Could be thunder
Or a
Spoiler: show

Wed May 13, 2020 3:26 am

I can’t quite put my finger on what makes this song remind me of LB. I think it’s Ed’s delivery. But it’s only the first half of the song.

Wed May 13, 2020 3:42 am

bodysnatcher wrote:I can’t quite put my finger on what makes this song remind me of LB. I think it’s Ed’s delivery. But it’s only the first half of the song.

To me it's that it recalls the vibe of Sirens.

The second half is channeling Into The Wild though :nice:

Wed May 13, 2020 3:50 am

bodysnatcher wrote:I can’t quite put my finger on what makes this song remind me of LB. I think it’s Ed’s delivery. But it’s only the first half of the song.

It's his vocals and the complete lack of anything interesting going on in the first 2-3 minutes.

Wed May 13, 2020 8:59 am

i would have pegged 7oclock for the next one

Wed May 13, 2020 10:15 am

I dunno - that video could be full Cheese Factor 5.

Wed May 13, 2020 10:17 am

Juvenal wrote:I dunno - that video could be full Cheese Factor 5.

there will definitely be people who think it is

Wed May 13, 2020 10:32 am

it is a cheesy song, but thats okay

Wed May 13, 2020 10:37 am

yep

Wed May 13, 2020 10:55 am

I find the opinions on this song very interesting. I am up there with the biggest of the LB haters, I absolutely loathe most of that album. I DO get an LB feel from Retrograde, but I actually like the song. It is in my top 5 on the album right now.

Wed May 13, 2020 11:58 am

i only like two or three songs on lightning bolt, and this is still my favourite on gigaton.
Post a reply