13%
2 Stars
4%
1 Star
3%

Total votes : 175

Re: Seven O'Clock

Thu March 25, 2021 3:39 am

Bammer wrote:Is anyone else as excited as me and PhatJ for when they finally get to play this live, and Sitting Bullshit will be reference to Biden?

To answer your question, I doubt it. Also, he can and will probably change the lyrics. Or not, in which case I’m pretty sure most people will understand the context.

Thu March 25, 2021 11:00 am

Bammer wrote:Is anyone else as excited as me and PhatJ for when they finally get to play this live, and Sitting Bullshit will be reference to Biden?

i was pleased with eddie's choice of words there. chances are they'll have legs for a while

Thu March 25, 2021 4:53 pm

Lol can’t wait

Sun March 28, 2021 4:25 am

I've fallen in love with this song today.

like, cry love

Sun March 28, 2021 4:32 am

knee tunes wrote:I've fallen in love with this song today.

like, cry love

excellent

Sun March 28, 2021 5:21 pm

knee tunes wrote:I've fallen in love with this song today.

like, cry love

:hooray: :heartbeat:

Sun March 28, 2021 11:50 pm

"Seven O' Clock" reminds me of Springsteen and Dylan. Love the Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull.... verse. I really like the structure of the song. The keyboard parts during the bridge/chorus parts are pretty soothing. It also semi reminds me of "Gone" that it seems like it was written for driving. Great centerpiece song. I also quite like how "It's Alright" perfectly sets it up.

Wed October 25, 2023 9:45 pm

This song is still fucking amazing.

Wed October 25, 2023 10:53 pm

I give it a 4/5. Sometimes maybe a 5/5.

Thu October 26, 2023 2:48 am

The live version from Josh's 2023 Tour Mix is probably the best live take I've heard. It has a good tempo and a nice full sound.

Thu October 26, 2023 2:55 am

I got back and forth on this one.

Its a bit like Amongst the Waves/River Cross sometimes I love it and sometimes it gets to the final outro and ive just noticed Ive missed the first 4 minutes of the song.

Thu October 26, 2023 4:32 am

It’s really good. The intro and when they go back to it after the first chorus are as good as it gets on this album as is the way Ed shapes the end of each verse.

Thu October 26, 2023 6:16 am

It's good to listen to on a good hi-fi setup, otherwise it falls flat.

Thu October 26, 2023 7:58 am

TremorJam wrote:"Seven O' Clock" reminds me of Springsteen and Dylan.

No wonder it sucks!

Thu October 26, 2023 8:59 am

its the best song on gigaton spenno you freak

Thu October 26, 2023 1:25 pm

great song and proof that Pearl Jam have still got it when they make an effort

Thu October 26, 2023 1:57 pm

there is a 2023 live version on spotify of this one that slays

Thu October 26, 2023 5:23 pm

VinylGuy wrote:there is a 2023 live version on spotify of this one that slays

Occasional lyric flub aside, every version I've heard, including in-person, felt powerful. Modern day classic.

Thu October 26, 2023 5:31 pm

Listened to this on my drive this morning thanks to this thread. Still a great late addition to the catalog, but I wish they had actually gone heavier with the production. Feels like they couldn't decide if they wanted it to sound live or heavily produced. I wish they had really glommed on the plate reverb!

Thu October 26, 2023 5:40 pm

I love the moody vibe of this one, and think the "chorus" and bridge parts are awesome. I really don't care for the lyrics though; Eddie does not excel at this type of songwriting IMO, and in a song like this the clunky lines and bad metaphors are right there in the foreground, impossible to ignore.

3 out of 5 stars for me -- mid-tier Gigaton.

*I now realize I basically said this same thing 3.5 years ago, at the top of the previous page. Man, it does not feel like almost 4 years ago that this album came out.
Post a reply