The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 758 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Rate Who Ever Said
5 Stars 33%  33%  [ 50 ]
4 Stars 51%  51%  [ 77 ]
3 Stars 13%  13%  [ 20 ]
2 Stars 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
1 Star 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 150
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 34745
breakerfall is fine but its a lesser track for me

_________________
The Sky I Scrape Gigaton Review


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13083
Location: Oslo, Norway
I might prefer Who Ever Said over Breakerfall live. If they really get into it, and deliver a great performance, it could even be the best Gigaton song live. We'll see.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:43 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 26, 2020 12:10 pm
Posts: 3363
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Anders wrote:
Who Ever Said. I want the band to get a little more heavy in it, instead they just sort of slow down.


I like all the dynamics, but I do think there could be more aggression in the guitars


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:45 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 26, 2020 12:10 pm
Posts: 3363
Location: Warwickshire, UK
Anders wrote:
I might prefer Who Ever Said over Breakerfall live. If they really get into it, and deliver a great performance, it could even be the best Gigaton song live. We'll see.


I'm looking forward to finding out how crunchy this one is live


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 8872
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Anders wrote:
Who Ever Said. I want the band to get a little more heavy in it, instead they just sort of slow down.

this is exactly what makes it more interesting, though. if it were just another hardcore PJ opener like GSMF, well, they've done that before.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13083
Location: Oslo, Norway
evenslow wrote:
Anders wrote:
Who Ever Said. I want the band to get a little more heavy in it, instead they just sort of slow down.

this is exactly what makes it more interesting, though. if it were just another hardcore PJ opener like GSMF, well, they've done that before.

GSMF is awful to my ears. Breakerfall and Who Ever Said are both infinitely better. 4/4.5 star songs vs a 2 star song


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13083
Location: Oslo, Norway
Ms Harmless wrote:
Anders wrote:
I might prefer Who Ever Said over Breakerfall live. If they really get into it, and deliver a great performance, it could even be the best Gigaton song live. We'll see.


I'm looking forward to finding out how crunchy this one is live


Absolutely. I'm sure they will crush it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64328
I like this song, but the way Ed sings "Who ever said" really annoys me and takes me out of it.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43594
Location: Mountains
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I like this song, but the way Ed sings "Who ever said" really annoys me and takes me out of it.

I really wish you didn’t hate this album


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64328
Strat wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I like this song, but the way Ed sings "Who ever said" really annoys me and takes me out of it.

I really wish you didn’t hate this album

I love it! and I like this song. That little thing just bothers me. Anyway, the only song I don't listen to every day when I listen to this album is SBWM! Stop twisting my words strat!

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 13083
Location: Oslo, Norway
I had to skip SBWM today as well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 8872
Location: unnamed mental hospital
You've both been put in timeout for anti SBWM sentiment. Next strike you will be banished to the Pit.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 8872
Location: unnamed mental hospital
(I'm a mod now but only for policing people's opinions of SBWM).

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 34745
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I like this song, but the way Ed sings "Who ever said" really annoys me and takes me out of it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it really annoys me but I hear you. It is the least successful part of the song

_________________
The Sky I Scrape Gigaton Review


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 34745
evenslow wrote:
(I'm a mod now but only for policing people's opinions of SBWM).



someone needs to do it.

_________________
The Sky I Scrape Gigaton Review


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64328
evenslow wrote:
You've both been put in timeout for anti SBWM sentiment. Next strike you will be banished to the Pit.

Impossible, the Pit jizzes all over that song.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 8872
Location: unnamed mental hospital
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
evenslow wrote:
You've both been put in timeout for anti SBWM sentiment. Next strike you will be banished to the Pit.

Impossible, the Pit jizzes all over that song.

That's exactly why the SBWM hater shall be banished there.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 64328
evenslow wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
evenslow wrote:
You've both been put in timeout for anti SBWM sentiment. Next strike you will be banished to the Pit.

Impossible, the Pit jizzes all over that song.

That's exactly why the SBWM hater shall be banished there.

It is unlistenable, evenslow.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 8872
Location: unnamed mental hospital
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
evenslow wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
evenslow wrote:
You've both been put in timeout for anti SBWM sentiment. Next strike you will be banished to the Pit.

Impossible, the Pit jizzes all over that song.

That's exactly why the SBWM hater shall be banished there.

It is unlistenable, evenslow.

Try singing it into your hairbrush.

_________________
Strat wrote:
Alas, we are RM


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Ever Said
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:29 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 26, 2020 12:10 pm
Posts: 3363
Location: Warwickshire, UK
stip wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I like this song, but the way Ed sings "Who ever said" really annoys me and takes me out of it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it really annoys me but I hear you. It is the least successful part of the song


you mean those three words are annoying? I don't get it


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 758 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon September 28, 2020 5:59 am