Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Matt Cameron Appreciation Thread

Wed November 08, 2023 3:53 pm

Leatherhead wrote:Will we ever get more WWC?

I sure hope so!

Wed November 08, 2023 4:57 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I sure hope so!

NO - JA

Wed November 08, 2023 5:03 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

I sure hope so!

NO - JA

please remove me from this group

Wed November 08, 2023 8:05 pm

96583UP wrote:i actually don't care for most Matt songs in PJ too

i love Matt in Soundgarden

I just still don't think he is the right fit for PJ

This post feels somehow incomplete.

Thu November 09, 2023 8:54 am

Birds in Hell wrote:
96583UP wrote:i actually don't care for most Matt songs in PJ too

i love Matt in Soundgarden

I just still don't think he is the right fit for PJ

This post feels somehow incomplete.

bring back Dave K :mrgreen:

Thu November 09, 2023 9:39 am

The band lost a certain groove with Matt. A heavy funk groove that Krusen, Dave A and Jack all had. But Matt brought a lot to band that none of those guys could offer. Power, creativity or diversity, stamina. Listening to Painted Shield you can hear that funky Stone is still here. But it just doesnt work with Matt. Im very very curious if Andrew Watt could bring these two together more....

And let's celebrate that Matt is in the band now for an incredible 25 years!!

Thu November 09, 2023 12:28 pm

joostone wrote:The band lost a certain groove with Matt. A heavy funk groove that Krusen, Dave A and Jack all had. But Matt brought a lot to band that none of those guys could offer. Power, creativity or diversity, stamina. Listening to Painted Shield you can hear that funky Stone is still here. But it just doesnt work with Matt. Im very very curious if Andrew Watt could bring these two together more....

This sums up pretty well how I feel about that as well. I would never never been able to put it quite in those words. Enjoyed that.

Thu November 09, 2023 12:44 pm

Hope we get the best Matt Cameron on the new album.

Thu November 09, 2023 3:02 pm

I defy anyone to listen to Your Savior from TOTD and then say Matt Cameron has no “funk groove.”

Thu November 09, 2023 3:25 pm

joostone wrote:The band lost a certain groove with Matt. A heavy funk groove that Krusen, Dave A and Jack all had. But Matt brought a lot to band that none of those guys could offer. Power, creativity or diversity, stamina. Listening to Painted Shield you can hear that funky Stone is still here. But it just doesnt work with Matt. Im very very curious if Andrew Watt could bring these two together more....

I tend to take the PJ drummers for what they are/were and enjoy the current lineup for what it is.

You summed it up perfectly.

Thu November 09, 2023 3:41 pm

I think Dave A was the funkiest of all, while Krusen had more of a bigger sound but also didnt stayed much to actually really know how could have been live.
Jack had more of a garage type of a sound that was perfect for what the band was trying to in that era.

Matt is the best of all of them for sure, even if a lot of the grooviest material sound different, because he is way more direct and tight with the beat. But damn i couldnt believe how good they sounded in Belgium last year. Jeff and Matt were incredibly good and it stands out more when you listened to a few bands ona. festival and all of a sudden Matt Cameron is playing. Its another league.

Thu November 09, 2023 4:05 pm

VinylGuy wrote:

I think Dave A was the funkiest of all, while Krusen had more of a bigger sound but also didnt stayed much to actually really know how could have been live.
Jack had more of a garage type of a sound that was perfect for what the band was trying to in that era.

Matt is the best of all of them for sure, even if a lot of the grooviest material sound different, because he is way more direct and tight with the beat. But damn i couldnt believe how good they sounded in Belgium last year. Jeff and Matt were incredibly good and it stands out more when you listened to a few bands ona. festival and all of a sudden Matt Cameron is playing. Its another league.

I've never really listened to more than a few snippets here and there, but how does the drumming sound on the Ten demos with Matt Cameron on drums when you compare it to Dave K's drumming on the album? Is there a noticeable difference in feel?

Thu November 09, 2023 4:11 pm

no that i remember no

Thu January 18, 2024 4:45 pm

Matt played with Dinosaur Jr last night! dont know which song but damn

Mark Arm also sang a song with them.

Fri January 19, 2024 2:47 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Matt played with Dinosaur Jr last night! dont know which song but damn

Mark Arm also sang a song with them.

and Dave Matthews. Seriously.

Fri January 19, 2024 2:55 pm

Ha Ha thats right

Sat January 20, 2024 2:18 am

Play those funky cymbals Dave A.

All I wanna do is a-rat-a-tat-tat and a-crash-crash.

Mon February 05, 2024 6:19 pm

Matt´s EP with Melvins is on streaming and its delicious

Fri April 19, 2024 4:04 am

Just a big ol’ fat

B

U

M

P

For the GOAT.

He’s a huge part of why this album shines so brightly. Phenomenal performances throughout. Pure fucking class.

Fri April 19, 2024 4:14 am

well deserved bump
Post a reply