1%

Total votes : 261

Re: Dance of the Clairvoyants

Sat December 19, 2020 4:28 am

I'd buy a 7 inch of this song.

Sat December 19, 2020 9:22 am

VinylGuy wrote:
johnnyfixer wrote:As supremely enjoyable as this song is, does any one else find the studio version a bit lacking in energy compared to the All in WA performance?

Hadn't listened to Gigaton for a few months before last night while All in WA has been in regular rotation, and the album version just felt kinda flat. Got me looking forward to actual live performances.

Well, maybe. Still the studio version is so fucking good. I have been blasting this one on my Beats and fuuuck its good.

Yeah, im also looking forward to this one live. Hopefully with a more longer outro.

True enough, studio cut is the business; just different to the live energy. And jams and variations are another reason to look forward to shows.

Could Dance of the Clairvoyants be the newer, groovier 'do-de-do-do' à la Black? :P

Wed July 27, 2022 6:13 pm

I love this song. I really love it. But can we acknowledge that

I know the girls wanna dance
Away their circumstance
I know the boys wanna grow
Their dicks and fix and fire things

Are some of the worst lyrics in the entire catalog? I'm legit second-hand embarrassed by them.

Wed July 27, 2022 6:31 pm

yeah but it sounds cool

Wed July 27, 2022 6:32 pm

this song is fucking awesome

i love the ending

Wed July 27, 2022 6:36 pm

i don't think the lyrics are as cringe-worthy as those of can't deny me.

what a stinker.

Wed July 27, 2022 8:14 pm

This song is amazing.

Wed July 27, 2022 9:26 pm

I think that lyric is good.

It's no Buckle Up.

Wed July 27, 2022 9:50 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:I think that lyric is good.

It's no Buckle Up.

Agreed on the lyric.

Wed July 27, 2022 11:12 pm

It's bad, but it's better than "I'm in love with clairvoyants because they're out of this world"

Wed July 27, 2022 11:21 pm

Jorge wrote:It's bad, but it's better than "I'm in love with clairvoyants because they're out of this world"

Yeah, that line is awful.

Thu July 28, 2022 6:38 pm

VinylGuy wrote:this song is fucking awesome

i love the ending

:hooray:

Thu July 28, 2022 7:26 pm

I'm not about to call any lyrics on Gigaton "awful" when Supersonic exists

Thu July 28, 2022 11:56 pm

mikejasond wrote:I love this song. I really love it. But can we acknowledge that

Away their circumstance

Are some of the worst lyrics in the entire catalog? I'm legit second-hand embarrassed by them.

I absolutely will not agree to that. What makes these lyrics bad? An expectation of decorum coming from a weirdly prudish place? These lyrics are clever in typical EV fashion. Maybe you just don't like the word "dick."

Fri July 29, 2022 12:00 am

RockPusher wrote:
mikejasond wrote:I love this song. I really love it. But can we acknowledge that

Away their circumstance

I absolutely will not agree to that. What makes these lyrics bad? An expectation of decorum coming from a weirdly prudish place? These lyrics are clever in typical EV fashion. Maybe you just don't like the word "dick."

I'm pretty sure he's said the same thing about "I'll never suck Satan's dick!" in Satan's Bed.

Fri July 29, 2022 12:33 am

Leatherhead wrote:
RockPusher wrote:

Away their circumstance

I'm pretty sure he's said the same thing about "I'll never suck Satan's dick!" in Satan's Bed.

Why would someone be embarrassed by something another person wrote? That makes no sense to me at all.

Wed August 10, 2022 7:24 am

wease wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
RockPusher wrote:

Away their circumstance

Why would someone be embarrassed by something another person wrote? That makes no sense to me at all.

Feeling ashamed for the actions of others is a perfectly normal human emotion

Wed August 10, 2022 8:13 am

Lounge Lizard wrote:
wease wrote:
Leatherhead wrote:
RockPusher wrote:

Away their circumstance

Feeling ashamed for the actions of others is a perfectly normal human emotion

While sucking Satan's dick, sure

Tue January 03, 2023 3:57 pm

this is entering my top 20 pearl jam songs, maybe even higher

Tue January 03, 2023 6:26 pm

It has a long durability factor going for it for sure. I can't wait to hear it live based off listening to it on the boots.
Post a reply