The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: "I Fell In the Pit": The Synergy/Pit/Porch Thread
PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 6:58 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

this is a good thread

PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 7:05 pm 
Stone's Bitch

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
first 3 threads right now (after their 38 or so stickied threads):

***OFFICAL Dance of the Clairvoyants Reaction Thread!***

[[MEGATHREAD]]: Dance of The Clairvoyants [NEW SINGLE] - Opinions, first impressions, reviews...

YES/NO: Do you like "Dance of the Clairvoyants" ?

how old are these people?

PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 7:08 pm 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

evenslow wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

[[MEGATHREAD]]: Dance of The Clairvoyants [NEW SINGLE] - Opinions, first impressions, reviews...

Well, I can't imagine that PJ is still gaining teenage fans in droves these days. Moreso, middle age-old heads who don't know how to internet.

FWIW, they seem to be mostly positive on DOTC. However, most of them also sound so obsessed with PJ that they may have a hard time expressing criticism.

PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 7:12 pm 
Future Drummer

bluestate wrote:
evenslow wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Well, I can't imagine that PJ is still gaining teenage fans in droves these days. Moreso, middle age-old heads who don't know how to internet.

FWIW, they seem to be mostly positive on DOTC. However, most of them also sound so obsessed with PJ that they may have a hard time expressing criticism.

Yeah there were a scary amount of people who didn't know how to choose between Can't Deny Me and Dance of the Clarivoyants because they loved both

PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 7:14 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I saw one comment that said "stop comparing to Bowie and talking heads, I only listen to the greatest band in the world, Pearl jam".

Whatever that means. That was on Facebook

PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 7:21 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

It means you can’t deny them.

PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 7:35 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I'm honestly surprised there isn't a thread (that I've seen, maybe there is) that's a
"Rank the Gigaton tracks from least to favorite based on song titles only".

PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 7:51 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Should go on there and start a "Please Play Jeremy in Hamilton" Thread

PostPosted: Wed January 22, 2020 10:09 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Good thing someone created this thread:

Dance of the Clairvoyants OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

because you know, you couldn't just talk about it in the DotC mega ofical thread

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 8:50 pm 

If anyone wants to vent about the verified presale for tickets, the whole first page at the Pit is your place to be.

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 8:57 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

DID I SCREW THIS VERIFIED FAN THING UP???

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 9:00 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

First two pages:

**St. Louis 2020 Roll Call**

St. Louis Show April 4

STL show

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 9:03 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

evenslow wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Most of them are only in their 40s or 50s but they have such intense boomer energy

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 9:04 pm 
A Return To Form

The 10 Club Entitlement Cycle:

PJ Announces Tour :: Bitch about tickets -> PJ Plays Show :: Bitch about posters / crowd /setlist -> PJ Concludes Album and Tour Cycle :: Bitch about Fan Club Singles / band's lack of touring and album news

AND REPEAT

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 9:06 pm 
AnalLog

The Pit sounds like the kind of place my Mom would try to log-on to (if she knew how to log-in anywhere), just because she's knows I've loved Pearl Jam since I was twelve. So sweet & supportive of you, Mommy, thanks!

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 9:31 pm 
Broken Tamborine

RAG319 wrote:

PJ Announces Tour :: Bitch about tickets -> PJ Plays Show :: Bitch about posters / crowd /setlist -> PJ Concludes Album and Tour Cycle :: Bitch about Fan Club Singles / band's lack of touring and album news

AND REPEAT

You forgot the "make song requests for *insert sob story here* phase before the PJ Plays Show

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 9:36 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

DissidentRival4 wrote:
RAG319 wrote:

AND REPEAT

You forgot the "make song requests for *insert sob story here* phase before the PJ Plays Show

No one here makes song requests. That's Pit kinda stupidity.

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 9:39 pm 
Champion of RM

B wrote:
DissidentRival4 wrote:
RAG319 wrote:

AND REPEAT

Here, they make merch requests ;)

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 9:55 pm 
Broken Tamborine

B wrote:
DissidentRival4 wrote:
RAG319 wrote:

AND REPEAT

my bad, I thought they were referring to the pit, I see it's about 10C now. I'll learn reading comprehension soon, my son's in first grade and they're starting to learn that now, maybe i'll pick something up going over his homework with him, lol.....

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 10:04 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

My girl & I where in Chicago for the Wrigley show. I happened to be walking put of our hotel & saw a guy across the street wearing a PJ shit. I asked if they where staying there....(Four Seasons) He said yes, so after chatting with him (or tying to he was pretty pompous) I saw Jeff first walking out of the hotel surrounded by his people. I did take any chances. (I hear he's unapproachable) So I just waved. I next saw Matt walk out with I suppose was his son. He gave him a wad of money & put him in a cab. So I walked up to him & said "Hey JEFF, of shit I mean Matt may I get a picture with you? Sorry I just met Jeff I'm pretty nervous meeting anyone from the band." He whipped his head around & said "Yeah, NO! I'' be out here tomorrow I'm going inside." I felt so bad kind of like when you disappoint your mom & she gives you that look! So after I got over mentally beating myself up Stone walked buy but he also was surrounded by his people. So about 20 minutes later a black SUV pulls up & I noticed a guitar in the window. So I looked a little harder & Mike jumped out while holding his FLYING V he walked right up to me, I mean in my face walked up to me & said "HI!" then he shook my hand very firmly & ran off into the hotel. I thought it was a little strange but meh whatever. Then a white van pulls up & I suppose there families all got out & so I waved to Jill (eddie's wife) she said "oh hello I'd shake your hand but I'm holding my girl." Fare enough. About 10 minutes later a HUGE guy walks out of the hotel with a walkie talkie & said "Yea, I'm out here now, everything's safe I've got 2 fans out front though. (one meaning me) He walked up to me & said" Ed's going to be here in a few minutes so get the fuck across the street. So I ran across the street with the guy who knows "everyone". The second that black SUV pulled up I ran across the street & Eddie got out very slowly surrounded by two HUGE bodyguards. A guy comes running around the corner yelling "Ed, ED remember that time blah blah blah & something crazy stuff about Jeff" Ed said "yes, man its cool man its cool." The two bodyguards scooped him up & dragged him down the street. Here was my chance, my only chance.... Ed saw the guy who knew "everyone" Ed said hey to him & I'll see you back home.... Then I took two steps in towards him & stuck mt hand out & said "How you feel about the WHO is how we feel about you." I have no idea on gods green earth what I said or even why I said it I guess it was nerves. He leaned back to look me up & down said yea, alright man & reached out for my hand & shook it ever so gently almost like you would when you meet the queen of England. Then the two bodyguards grabbed Eddie & pushed him into the hotel. I then ran across the street to where we where staying "The White Hall" & woke my girl up & told her I just met Eddie! She gave me the biggest smile ever in happiness for me & said "That's awesome baby, now I'm going to bed." I still cant believe weeks later that I waited 20 years for 15 seconds of a hand shake & a hello. It was well worth the wait!! I forever will thank my girl for getting me the Wrigley tickets & picking the best hotel location to stay in...... To all my love to her & all the PJ fans who read this..... Thank You!!! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam