The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: "I Fell In the Pit": The Synergy/Pit/Porch Thread
PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 10:11 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Fare enough.

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 10:21 pm 
A Return To Form

DissidentRival4 wrote:
B wrote:
DissidentRival4 wrote:
RAG319 wrote:
The 10 Club Entitlement Cycle:

PJ Announces Tour :: Bitch about tickets -> PJ Plays Show :: Bitch about posters / crowd /setlist -> PJ Concludes Album and Tour Cycle :: Bitch about Fan Club Singles / band's lack of touring and album news

AND REPEAT

You forgot the "make song requests for *insert sob story here* phase before the PJ Plays Show

No one here makes song requests. That's Pit kinda stupidity.

my bad, I thought they were referring to the pit, I see it's about 10C now. I'll learn reading comprehension soon, my son's in first grade and they're starting to learn that now, maybe i'll pick something up going over his homework with him, lol.....

To be dirty frank, I was sorta using The Pit and 10C interchangeably.

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 10:25 pm 
A Return To Form

Chris_H_2 wrote:
My girl & I where in Chicago for the Wrigley show. I happened to be walking put of our hotel & saw a guy across the street wearing a PJ shit. I asked if they where staying there....(Four Seasons) He said yes, so after chatting with him (or tying to he was pretty pompous) I saw Jeff first walking out of the hotel surrounded by his people. I did take any chances. (I hear he's unapproachable) So I just waved. I next saw Matt walk out with I suppose was his son. He gave him a wad of money & put him in a cab. So I walked up to him & said "Hey JEFF, of shit I mean Matt may I get a picture with you? Sorry I just met Jeff I'm pretty nervous meeting anyone from the band." He whipped his head around & said "Yeah, NO! I'' be out here tomorrow I'm going inside." I felt so bad kind of like when you disappoint your mom & she gives you that look! So after I got over mentally beating myself up Stone walked buy but he also was surrounded by his people. So about 20 minutes later a black SUV pulls up & I noticed a guitar in the window. So I looked a little harder & Mike jumped out while holding his FLYING V he walked right up to me, I mean in my face walked up to me & said "HI!" then he shook my hand very firmly & ran off into the hotel. I thought it was a little strange but meh whatever. Then a white van pulls up & I suppose there families all got out & so I waved to Jill (eddie's wife) she said "oh hello I'd shake your hand but I'm holding my girl." Fare enough. About 10 minutes later a HUGE guy walks out of the hotel with a walkie talkie & said "Yea, I'm out here now, everything's safe I've got 2 fans out front though. (one meaning me) He walked up to me & said" Ed's going to be here in a few minutes so get the fuck across the street. So I ran across the street with the guy who knows "everyone". The second that black SUV pulled up I ran across the street & Eddie got out very slowly surrounded by two HUGE bodyguards. A guy comes running around the corner yelling "Ed, ED remember that time blah blah blah & something crazy stuff about Jeff" Ed said "yes, man its cool man its cool." The two bodyguards scooped him up & dragged him down the street. Here was my chance, my only chance.... Ed saw the guy who knew "everyone" Ed said hey to him & I'll see you back home.... Then I took two steps in towards him & stuck mt hand out & said "How you feel about the WHO is how we feel about you." I have no idea on gods green earth what I said or even why I said it I guess it was nerves. He leaned back to look me up & down said yea, alright man & reached out for my hand & shook it ever so gently almost like you would when you meet the queen of England. Then the two bodyguards grabbed Eddie & pushed him into the hotel. I then ran across the street to where we where staying "The White Hall" & woke my girl up & told her I just met Eddie! She gave me the biggest smile ever in happiness for me & said "That's awesome baby, now I'm going to bed." I still cant believe weeks later that I waited 20 years for 15 seconds of a hand shake & a hello. It was well worth the wait!! I forever will thank my girl for getting me the Wrigley tickets & picking the best hotel location to stay in...... To all my love to her & all the PJ fans who read this..... Thank You!!! :D

I saw this in The Pit earlier, but didn't actually read it until now. This story is straight up embarrassing and creepy. Not to mention reads like it was written by a six year old.

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 10:26 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

RAG319 wrote:
DissidentRival4 wrote:
B wrote:
DissidentRival4 wrote:
RAG319 wrote:

PJ Announces Tour :: Bitch about tickets -> PJ Plays Show :: Bitch about posters / crowd /setlist -> PJ Concludes Album and Tour Cycle :: Bitch about Fan Club Singles / band's lack of touring and album news

AND REPEAT

You forgot the "make song requests for *insert sob story here* phase before the PJ Plays Show

my bad, I thought they were referring to the pit, I see it's about 10C now. I'll learn reading comprehension soon, my son's in first grade and they're starting to learn that now, maybe i'll pick something up going over his homework with him, lol.....

Yeah, I don’t get B’s point here.

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 10:29 pm 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

b is the one not following the conversation, dissidentrival4. don’t worry about him, he usually doesn’t know what’s going on. probably safer to add him to your foe list.

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 10:46 pm 
The Master

RAG319 wrote:
DissidentRival4 wrote:
B wrote:
DissidentRival4 wrote:
RAG319 wrote:

AND REPEAT

You absolute motherfucker,

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 11:07 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

WtOB? wrote:
b is the one not following the conversation, dissidentrival4. don’t worry about him, he usually doesn’t know what’s going on. probably safer to add him to your foe list.

Correct. I am not following the conversation. I have a job, and we've added 457 pages of content in the past 48 hours.

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 11:10 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

ST help me get this thread back on track

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 11:17 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
ST help me get this thread back on track

If this post was its own thread and it had a title, it would be, "I once saw a guy in a car who kinda looked like Matt Cameron AMA":
Quote:
After the Benaroya Hall concert I said goodbye to some fellow fans and walked back to the hotel. I was carrying a tee shirt from the show and the poster rolled up. I remember walking 5th Ave in the direction of the Space Needle and there literally being no one else around for blocks. I approached a cross street but I could hear an engine roaring as the car in the distance quickly approached so I stopped. Sure enough the car comes to a stop and the driver looks up at me and I look at the driver...and it’s Matt Cameron. He gives me a look (remember I’m holding the tee shirt and poster rolled up) like “what are you doing just standing there?” and I literally felt like he thought I was going to jump on the hood of the car. He put his foot down and got the hell out of there.

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 11:22 pm 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

these people relish in the fact that their heroes are terrified of them.

PostPosted: Thu January 23, 2020 11:33 pm 
See you in another life, brother

This thread is wonderful. :hooray:

PostPosted: Fri January 24, 2020 12:09 am 
Major Dude

Douchebag drippings wrote:
... Then I took two steps in towards him & stuck mt hand out & said "How you feel about the WHO is how we feel about you." I have no idea on gods green earth what I said or even why I said it I guess it was nerves.

First he tells what he said. Then, he says he has no idea on God’s green earth what he said.

Which is it, fuckstick?

PostPosted: Fri January 24, 2020 12:38 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Quote:
I am going to get banned for this.
Look at this. It looks like Mr. Peanut.
Mr. Peanut didn't get his fan club ticket either, so I guess they are going to kill the little nut. which is BS

You probably don't believe me, so here's the link: https://community.pearljam.com/discussi ... /mr-peanut

PostPosted: Fri January 24, 2020 12:41 am 
Stone's Bitch

4/5 wrote:
This thread is wonderful. :hooray:

PostPosted: Fri January 24, 2020 1:02 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

I logged on to RM to feel safe.

Today I saw a post on the PIT and it just said "help"

PostPosted: Fri January 24, 2020 1:03 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

pearl jam autism is a serious illness.

PostPosted: Fri January 24, 2020 7:04 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

Chris_H_2 wrote:
My girl & I where in Chicago for the Wrigley show. I happened to be walking put of our hotel & saw a guy across the street wearing a PJ shit. I asked if they where staying there....(Four Seasons) He said yes, so after chatting with him (or tying to he was pretty pompous) I saw Jeff first walking out of the hotel surrounded by his people. I did take any chances. (I hear he's unapproachable) So I just waved. I next saw Matt walk out with I suppose was his son. He gave him a wad of money & put him in a cab. So I walked up to him & said "Hey JEFF, of shit I mean Matt may I get a picture with you? Sorry I just met Jeff I'm pretty nervous meeting anyone from the band." He whipped his head around & said "Yeah, NO! I'' be out here tomorrow I'm going inside." I felt so bad kind of like when you disappoint your mom & she gives you that look! So after I got over mentally beating myself up Stone walked buy but he also was surrounded by his people. So about 20 minutes later a black SUV pulls up & I noticed a guitar in the window. So I looked a little harder & Mike jumped out while holding his FLYING V he walked right up to me, I mean in my face walked up to me & said "HI!" then he shook my hand very firmly & ran off into the hotel. I thought it was a little strange but meh whatever. Then a white van pulls up & I suppose there families all got out & so I waved to Jill (eddie's wife) she said "oh hello I'd shake your hand but I'm holding my girl." Fare enough. About 10 minutes later a HUGE guy walks out of the hotel with a walkie talkie & said "Yea, I'm out here now, everything's safe I've got 2 fans out front though. (one meaning me) He walked up to me & said" Ed's going to be here in a few minutes so get the fuck across the street. So I ran across the street with the guy who knows "everyone". The second that black SUV pulled up I ran across the street & Eddie got out very slowly surrounded by two HUGE bodyguards. A guy comes running around the corner yelling "Ed, ED remember that time blah blah blah & something crazy stuff about Jeff" Ed said "yes, man its cool man its cool." The two bodyguards scooped him up & dragged him down the street. Here was my chance, my only chance.... Ed saw the guy who knew "everyone" Ed said hey to him & I'll see you back home.... Then I took two steps in towards him & stuck mt hand out & said "How you feel about the WHO is how we feel about you." I have no idea on gods green earth what I said or even why I said it I guess it was nerves. He leaned back to look me up & down said yea, alright man & reached out for my hand & shook it ever so gently almost like you would when you meet the queen of England. Then the two bodyguards grabbed Eddie & pushed him into the hotel. I then ran across the street to where we where staying "The White Hall" & woke my girl up & told her I just met Eddie! She gave me the biggest smile ever in happiness for me & said "That's awesome baby, now I'm going to bed." I still cant believe weeks later that I waited 20 years for 15 seconds of a hand shake & a hello. It was well worth the wait!! I forever will thank my girl for getting me the Wrigley tickets & picking the best hotel location to stay in...... To all my love to her & all the PJ fans who read this..... Thank You!!! :D

I just find this to be so sad.

I remember once posting on the Pit how I felt this type of behaviour was a tad... rapey. It wasn't received well at all.

PostPosted: Fri January 24, 2020 7:08 am 
Posting (live)

Higgs wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:

I just find this to be so sad.

I remember once posting on the Pit how I felt this type of behaviour was a tad... rapey. It wasn't received well at all.

You monster.

PostPosted: Fri January 24, 2020 7:23 am 
Gone

Please tell me that's made up

PostPosted: Fri January 24, 2020 7:24 am 
10Club Complaint Department

verb_to_trust wrote:
Please tell me that's made up

You know in your heart that it’s horrifyingly real.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam