The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7398 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 370  Next

What sound will be prominent on this album?
Heavy 29%  29%  [ 18 ]
Spritzy punk 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Dad rock 43%  43%  [ 27 ]
Return to form 24%  24%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 63
 Post subject: Re: 12th album rumors and speculation
PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 12:33 pm 
AnalLog

Mike wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Jaeti wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I'm getting flashbacks to the time Radiohead fans worked themselves into a frenzy about a "part 2" to The King of Limbs based on a few obscure "clues".

Would be nice, but I dunno. Jill's instagram comment is what caused me to raise an eyebrow.

What did she say? I missed this.

joostone wrote:
Remember that insta post from Jill last year??

well this part is a secret....maybe two??? you never know

that would not be "maybe two" but "maybe both", referring to "an Eddie album or a Pearl Jam album?", so that means nothing concerning Pearl Jam

True....This is all speculative. But there are some hints or rumours....
It's all in the eye of the beholder I guess..

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 12:34 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Mike wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Jaeti wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
I'm getting flashbacks to the time Radiohead fans worked themselves into a frenzy about a "part 2" to The King of Limbs based on a few obscure "clues".

Would be nice, but I dunno. Jill's instagram comment is what caused me to raise an eyebrow.

What did she say? I missed this.

joostone wrote:
Remember that insta post from Jill last year??

well this part is a secret....maybe two??? you never know

that would not be "maybe two" but "maybe both", referring to "an Eddie album or a Pearl Jam album?", so that means nothing concerning Pearl Jam

There you go. I'm back on the "this isn't happening" bus.

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 12:40 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Oddly enough, when the album arrived in the post I was looking at the symbol on the spine and thinking it was peculiar that it was just part of it, and not the whole...

A companion album would be sweet. But as has been mentioned previously, King of Limbs had the same rumours - and that came to nothing. (FWIW KoL definitely needed a companion more than Gigaton... it still seems a weirdly throwaway album for a band as fastidious as Radiohead).

At the same time... Pearl Jam have been banging away at it for a long time and must surely have stacks of songs in the locker. Only ONE Gossard track on this album after all this time seems a little curious. And no Of The Earth??? Thematically it just seems such a good fit for Gigaton that it's weird it didn't make the cut... so maybe it's cos it'll be on Gigaton II: Electric Boogaloo?!

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 12:43 pm 
AnalLog

Gigaton 2 sounds weird..

2 Gigaton makes more sense... :o

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 12:59 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Josh Evans said they only mixed the songs for the album.

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 1:23 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Anders wrote:
Josh Evans said they only mixed the songs for the album.

Mike also said a month or so before the announcement that they were just getting to recording stuff so misinformation is in the Pearl Jam dna. I would like to believe there’s a companion piece because we have waited so long for this one and the quality and effort put into this is readily apparent - if they another in the can of the same level of effort I am more than all for it. I am not sure I believe it but hey you never know.

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 2:08 pm 
mXn

They are all lying through their teeth all the time. Believe nothing they say.

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 2:19 pm 
AnalLog

joostone wrote:
Gigaton 2 sounds weird..

Gigaone
Gigatwo

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 2:20 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bammer wrote:
They are all lying through their teeth all the time. Believe nothing they say.

it’s true they love pretending like things that actually exist don’t exist case and point: Boom, Can’t Deny Me, Beth, Dave A

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 2:20 pm 
mXn

ghost wrote:
joostone wrote:
Gigaton 2 sounds weird..

Gigaone
Gigatwo

Gigaton
Gigatoo

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 3:03 pm 
AnalLog

PostPosted: Sun March 29, 2020 3:06 pm 
She / Her

joostone wrote:

I'm watching this right now

PostPosted: Mon March 30, 2020 1:54 am 
10Club Complaint Department

I'm not fully invested in the idea that something else is coming but I still think the combination of the "side a" designator on the CD combined with only half of the "lungs" logo (as demonstrated on one of the band's new shirts below) being printed on the spine is very curious.

Either of those things separately I could probably dismiss as being nothing, but both together is pretty interesting.

(Even) wild(er) speculation, but I doubt it would be "Gigaton Part II", if anything were to come of it, more likely a collection of the outtakes from the last few records, perhaps including the leftovers from the Brendan sessions. It would be a great clearing house for tracks like Let It Ride, Of the Earth, etc.

PostPosted: Mon March 30, 2020 2:08 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Birds in Hell wrote:
(Even) wild(er) speculation, but I doubt it would be "Gigaton Part II", if anything were to come of it, more likely a collection of the outtakes from the last few records, perhaps including the leftovers from the Brendan sessions. It would be a great clearing house for tracks like Let It Ride, Of the Earth, etc.

That's exactly what I said too. If it exists, it's possibly Side B (i.e. B SIDES). I'd be super happy with that.

Something covering the last 15 years or so of stuff we haven't got in proper unleaked form. Let it Ride, Of the Earth, etc. Fucking ace :bammer:

PostPosted: Mon March 30, 2020 2:13 am 
Mind Your Tanners

joostone wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon March 30, 2020 2:36 am 
Banned from the Pit

Birds in Hell wrote:
I'm not fully invested in the idea that something else is coming but I still think the combination of the "side a" designator on the CD combined with only half of the "lungs" logo (as demonstrated on one of the band's new shirts below) being printed on the spine is very curious.

Either of those things separately I could probably dismiss as being nothing, but both together is pretty interesting.

It’s interesting that the band is selling a heart and broken heart t-shirts but there is no heart or broken heart logos in the album art that I can find. Only the flame and lungs (and half a lung in the spine).

PostPosted: Mon March 30, 2020 2:50 am 
AnalLog

igotworms wrote:
Oddly enough, when the album arrived in the post I was looking at the symbol on the spine and thinking it was peculiar that it was just part of it, and not the whole...

A companion album would be sweet. But as has been mentioned previously, King of Limbs had the same rumours - and that came to nothing. (FWIW KoL definitely needed a companion more than Gigaton... it still seems a weirdly throwaway album for a band as fastidious as Radiohead).

Radiohead did put out two songs from the sessions afterward, plus a couple of songs started during said sessions which weren't completed in time, right?
That's an additional eighteen or so minutes tacked onto a thirty-seven minute record.

I'd have no problem at all with PJ doing this, but, I'm still waiting for that Backspacer EP, so...yeah

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Mon March 30, 2020 3:46 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Antelope wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

It’s interesting that the band is selling a heart and broken heart t-shirts but there is no heart or broken heart logos in the album art that I can find. Only the flame and lungs (and half a lung in the spine).

i thought this was supposed to be whales?

i am so confused

<throws single-use plastic water bottle in garbage>

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon March 30, 2020 4:50 am 
Posting (live)

To echo my fellow down under brothers, this could be a Mirrorball/Merkinball companion single/EP/LP.

PostPosted: Mon March 30, 2020 10:43 am 
AnalLog

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

That's exactly what I said too. If it exists, it's possibly Side B (i.e. B SIDES). I'd be super happy with that.

Something covering the last 15 years or so of stuff we haven't got in proper unleaked form. Let it Ride, Of the Earth, etc. Fucking ace :bammer:

Well, they still owe us two fanclubsingles. What if they want to end the series with a bang and give us an LP of Gigaton B-sides instead.....
Yup...you heard it here first folks...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7398 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 370  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam