Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Prince to cover Even Flow?

Fri May 24, 2013 12:03 am

http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2013/05/23 ... even-flow/

Prince & 3rdEyeGirl are back at Paisley Park and are getting ready for The Myth this Saturday!

Not relying on the RAVE reviews 3rdEyeGirl got on LIVE OUT LOUD tour, PRINCE sent them a message early Tuesday morning; To arrange an INSTRUMENTAL version of the Peal Jam Classic "Even Flow". (um...WOW!)

Sure to be a staple in their NEXT run of shows, this version features a guitar duel between Donna and PRINCE that morphs into Aretha Franklin's version of "Rock Steady" before reprising the end vamp of "Even Flow".

Our spies have been lurking around the Park and HOPEFULLY, we will have a snippet to share before this Saturday when PRINCE & 3rdEyeGirl storm the stage at The Myth! (This. Would. Be. Awesome!)

There have been rumors circulating that the scheduled 2 shows might be combined into one LONG 3-4 hour JAM! PRINCE has a LOT of musician friends in Minneapolis so let's keep our PLECTRUM's crossed.

Re: Prince to cover Even Flow?

Fri May 24, 2013 12:12 am

AndySlash wrote:http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2013/05/23/prince-3rdeyegirl-back-at-paisley-park-even-flow/

Prince & 3rdEyeGirl are back at Paisley Park and are getting ready for The Myth this Saturday!

Not relying on the RAVE reviews 3rdEyeGirl got on LIVE OUT LOUD tour, PRINCE sent them a message early Tuesday morning; To arrange an INSTRUMENTAL version of the Peal Jam Classic "Even Flow". (um...WOW!)

Sure to be a staple in their NEXT run of shows, this version features a guitar duel between Donna and PRINCE that morphs into Aretha Franklin's version of "Rock Steady" before reprising the end vamp of "Even Flow".

Our spies have been lurking around the Park and HOPEFULLY, we will have a snippet to share before this Saturday when PRINCE & 3rdEyeGirl storm the stage at The Myth! (This. Would. Be. Awesome!)

There have been rumors circulating that the scheduled 2 shows might be combined into one LONG 3-4 hour JAM! PRINCE has a LOT of musician friends in Minneapolis so let's keep our PLECTRUM's crossed.

I am somewhat intrigued by this...

Fri May 24, 2013 12:16 am

:bammer:

The funkiest even flow we'll ever hear.

Fri May 24, 2013 12:17 am

one LONG 3-4 hour JAM!

Looks like they're covering the live version

Fri May 24, 2013 12:40 am

so it will be way too fast

Fri May 24, 2013 1:08 am

Prince is going to dominate that solo. Would love to hear this.

Fri May 24, 2013 1:18 am

Finally, a performance of this song by someone shorter than Eddie.

Fri May 24, 2013 1:45 am

theplatypus wrote:Finally, a performance of this song by someone shorter than Eddie.

Hey, I've played Guitar Hero.

Fri May 24, 2013 2:42 am

:haha:

Fri May 24, 2013 12:25 pm

I always thought Stone developed that riff from Mick Taylor's riff in "Man of Peace". It's not exactly the same but it has the same feel.

Fri May 24, 2013 3:02 pm

Strat wrote:Prince is going to dominate that solo. Would love to hear this.

seriously. if anyone can put life into this song, its probably prince.

Fri May 24, 2013 4:31 pm

I hear the Ten Club is planning a 3 dvd release of this version. Expect a lot of stickers for your $120

Fri May 24, 2013 5:13 pm

@SkitchP wrote:I hear the Ten Club is planning a 3 dvd release of this version. Expect a lot of stickers for your $120

Are you familiar with Prince's previous fan clubs? They put the Ten Club to absolute shame when it comes to generally pissing all over a fan base. They'd make said 3 DVD set a 5 DVD set, charge $500 for it, and then just never send it to you.

This actually makes a lot of sense besides just being in Prince's musical wheelhouse. Prince's fan base is probably what Pearl Jam's will be like in ten years; an unholy war between those who are like "PRINCE WAS SUCH A GENIUS IN HIS PRIME AND NOW HE'S JUST PEDDLING MEDIOCRE CRAP AND MARKETING STUNTS CAUSE HE KNOWS HE CAN" versus those who are like "EVERYTHING HE DOES IS A MASTERPIECE AND 20TEN IS A BETTER RECORD THAN SIGN "O" THE TIMES ANYWAYS OH MY GOD HE JUST RELEASED A NINETY SECOND CLIP OF HIM PLUGGING AN AMP IN IT'S BETTER THAN POP LIFE!"

Actually, that's almost where Pearl Jam fans are already.

Fri May 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Lament wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:I hear the Ten Club is planning a 3 dvd release of this version. Expect a lot of stickers for your $120

Are you familiar with Prince's previous fan clubs? They put the Ten Club to absolute shame when it comes to generally pissing all over a fan base. They'd make said 3 DVD set a 5 DVD set, charge $500 for it, and then just never send it to you.

This actually makes a lot of sense besides just being in Prince's musical wheelhouse. Prince's fan base is probably what Pearl Jam's will be like in ten years; an unholy war between those who are like "PRINCE WAS SUCH A GENIUS IN HIS PRIME AND NOW HE'S JUST PEDDLING MEDIOCRE CRAP AND MARKETING STUNTS CAUSE HE KNOWS HE CAN" versus those who are like "EVERYTHING HE DOES IS A MASTERPIECE AND 20TEN IS A BETTER RECORD THAN SIGN "O" THE TIMES ANYWAYS OH MY GOD HE JUST RELEASED A NINETY SECOND CLIP OF HIM PLUGGING AN AMP IN IT'S BETTER THAN POP LIFE!"

wow. Lotta anger for a half assed, poorly constructed and frankly lazy joke on my part.

Fri May 24, 2013 5:18 pm

@SkitchP wrote:
Lament wrote:

wow. Lotta anger for a half assed, poorly constructed and frankly lazy joke on my part.

No, I genuinely didn't mean it like that. I actually thought maybe you had made the joke because you knew what a terrible history Prince's fan club has. And at that point it was like "Huh...actually, Prince and Pearl Jam is a pretty perfect marriage in a lot of ways." Sorry it came off that way.

Fri May 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Lament wrote:

"in ten years"? I see that debate play out on this board every fucking day.

Fri May 24, 2013 5:26 pm

B wrote:
Lament wrote:

"in ten years"? I see that debate play out on this board every fucking day.

I should've been a little more specific. I don't get the impression that those who think Pearl Jam's recent output is stellar have gotten to the point where they generally think their "classic" work is actually not that good at all when compared to their current output. I'm probably wrong, but either way I'm sure it'll end up there soon enough though.

Fri May 24, 2013 5:28 pm

I vote we change this board to a Mogwai board. At least until the new album.

Fri May 24, 2013 6:46 pm

http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2013/05/24/exclusive-a-taste-of-prince-3rdeyegirl-covering-even-flow-by-pearl-jam/

:shock:

Fri May 24, 2013 6:51 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:I vote we change this board to a Mogwai board. At least until the new album.

I like your style, BR.
Post a reply