Tue November 12, 2013 12:37 am

So Jeff's demo of this is actually pretty cool

Re: Song of the Moment: Nothing as it Seems

Tue November 12, 2013 12:44 am

This song in any form is awesome. 5*

Tue November 12, 2013 1:11 am

LetMeSleep wrote:This song in any form is awesome. 5*

There arent many tracks post-Ten where they let McCready lose his mind, and this is probably the best of those. 5 staahs.

Tue November 12, 2013 2:26 am

The best cut off of PJ20. It's a great song. 5.

Tue November 12, 2013 2:26 am

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Tue November 12, 2013 5:27 am

I'll admit it. When I first got back into the band in 2000 after a 3-year break, I didn't care for this song at all. But thankfully I got smart and now love this song. I will say that I think it's better on the album than live though. The mood that it gives off on the album will always give me goosebumps. 5 stars.

Tue November 12, 2013 10:07 pm

I completely understand all the reasons why people love this song to death; the song doesn't really showcase my favourite strengths of Pearl Jam. Having said that, it does showcase their strengths, particularly in the form of mood / atmosphere, the ability to go from one part / section to another (in a similar way to "Fatal", although I prefer that song) and just, well, to be beautifully "sluggish / lethargic" in a way that only Binaural and Riot Act know how. I could do without all the lead noodling from Mike, particularly on the intro (which, when I first heard it, sounded farcically power-ballad-esque); but now I realise that all of Mike's presence in the song, too, is a strength, if you like that kind of thing. This song is the cooler, more bleak younger-self of "Sirens." 4 stars.

Tue November 12, 2013 10:12 pm

This is the best pearl jam song post-vitalogy.

Tue November 12, 2013 11:51 pm

Top 10 song, easily

Wed November 13, 2013 12:30 am

harmless wrote:I completely understand all the reasons why people love this song to death; the song doesn't really showcase my favourite strengths of Pearl Jam. Having said that, it does showcase their strengths, particularly in the form of mood / atmosphere, the ability to go from one part / section to another (in a similar way to "Fatal", although I prefer that song) and just, well, to be beautifully "sluggish / lethargic" in a way that only Binaural and Riot Act know how. I could do without all the lead noodling from Mike, particularly on the intro (which, when I first heard it, sounded farcically power-ballad-esque); but now I realise that all of Mike's presence in the song, too, is a strength, if you like that kind of thing. This song is the cooler, more bleak younger-self of "Sirens." 4 stars.

NO!
Just listened to Binaural and Riot Act the past couple of days and it reminded me of just how bland this band is now...its kinda sad...no more mystery no more emotion no more "music" just words and instruments that sometimes make me wonder what the hell Eddie is singing about and why...

RIP PJ :peace:

Wed November 13, 2013 12:44 am

i was blown away when this one came out. It felt different, yet it seemed like i had heard it before...I love everything about this one. Ed`s voice, Mike awesome leads...and fucking Matt Cameron. He is huge here.

And that bridge!!! :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

Wed November 13, 2013 12:44 am

Amazing song, my favorite from binaural and probably in my top 10
5* no doubt.

Wed November 13, 2013 2:27 am

5 stars...for my money the best song they've done since 2000.

And yeah the demo was a great find!

Wed November 13, 2013 3:04 am

5 stars mother fuckers.

A top tier song. Maybe PJ's darkest song? So moody and atmospheric.

This is also a song I've used on a couple of PJ Naysayers. "Oh fucking Pearl Jam sucks!" I put on NAIS "Whoa what band is this?? This song is awesome"

It's a great a song to showcase their versatility and their musical evolution over the years.

Wed November 13, 2013 3:12 am

Top 10 song for me.

Wed November 13, 2013 5:37 am

Wow. This song sucks me into its black hole every time.
They're not even trying anymore are they? Were they all on heroine? Ayahuasca? What sorcery is this? Fuck.

Wed November 13, 2013 8:51 am

10 stars

Wed November 13, 2013 8:54 am

music.for.rhinos wrote:Wow. This song sucks me into its black hole every time.
They're not even trying anymore are they? Were they all on heroine? Ayahuasca? What sorcery is this? Fuck.

POTD

Wed November 13, 2013 11:55 am

I kind of agree with Harmless. Not my favorite track, but good, and showcases many of their strengths with this kind of song.
Post a reply