The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Rate Evacuation
5 Stars: EVVVVAAAACCCCUUUUUAAAATTTTTIIIOOONNNN!!! 28%  28%  [ 11 ]
4 Stars: EVVVVAAAACCCCUUUUUAAAATTTTTIIIOOONNNN!!! 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
3 Stars: EVVVVAAAACCCCUUUUUAAAATTTTTIIIOOONNNN!!! 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
2 Stars: EVVVVAAAACCCCUUUUUAAAATTTTTIIIOOONNNN!!! 23%  23%  [ 9 ]
1 Star: EVVVVAAAACCCCUUUUUAAAATTTTTIIIOOONNNN!!! 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 40
Author Message
 Post subject: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Fri December 28, 2012 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31720
old thread archived here

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 8710
Location: here
Wendy Carlos' twin, Bendy wrote:
this song is the musical pussy of all of pearl jams


well, the bridge is ok

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i ran over a bird this morning :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri February 22, 2013 5:59 pm
Posts: 1390
Top 5 song and easily their most underrated. The hate it gets here is absurd.

_________________
You have to shave your nipples if you want to be with me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 8710
Location: here
HardTI wrote:
Top 5 song and easily their most underrated. The hate it gets here is absurd.

what are your other 4?

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i ran over a bird this morning :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6017
HardTI wrote:
Top 5 song and easily their most underrated. The hate it gets here is absurd.


I thought everyone but me loved it here on RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri February 22, 2013 5:59 pm
Posts: 1390
knee tunes wrote:
HardTI wrote:
Top 5 song and easily their most underrated. The hate it gets here is absurd.

what are your other 4?


Strangest Tribe, Insignificance, Oceans, and Faithful are typically in those spots.

_________________
You have to shave your nipples if you want to be with me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 10, 2013 7:30 pm
Posts: 456
Location: Omaha
HardTI wrote:
Top 5 song and easily their most underrated. The hate it gets here is absurd.

Do you jump sharks professionally or is it just a hobby?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 50860
Location: Sector 7-G
Why isn't there a poll?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6017
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Why isn't there a poll?


Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 50860
Location: Sector 7-G
Ruddo is browsing. He could set it up.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:22 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 31549
Location: Buenos Aires
HardTI wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
HardTI wrote:
Top 5 song and easily their most underrated. The hate it gets here is absurd.

what are your other 4?


Strangest Tribe, Insignificance, Oceans, and Faithful are typically in those spots.

Great top 5.

"Evacuation" is interesting in that it's abrasive as all hell but also one of their most thoughtfully composed songs. I love it.

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6017
Every song on No Code, sans "I'm Open", is better than Evacuation.

Every song on Yield is better than Evacuation.

The majority of songs from Vitalogy, Vs., Ten, Binaural, and Riot Act are better than Evacuation.

Some of the songs on Avocado are better than Evacuation.

None of the songs on Backspacer or LB are better than Evacuation.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 50447
I don't think Strangest Tribe is generally underrated, is it?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 50447
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Ruddo is browsing. He could set it up.

I'm not a pollster

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 10, 2013 7:30 pm
Posts: 456
Location: Omaha
darth_vedder wrote:
Every song on No Code, sans "I'm Open", is better than Evacuation.

Every song on Yield is better than Evacuation.

The majority of songs from Vitalogy, Vs., Ten, Binaural, and Riot Act are better than Evacuation.

Some of the songs on Avocado are better than Evacuation.

None of the songs on Backspacer or LB are better than Evacuation.

Songs from Backspacer that are better than Evacuation:
Anything other than The Fixer or Force of Nature

Songs from Lightning Bolt that are better than Evacuation:
Anything other than Let the Records play. And that's only because the chorus to Let The Records play sucks so much.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri February 22, 2013 5:59 pm
Posts: 1390
theplatypus wrote:
HardTI wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
HardTI wrote:
Top 5 song and easily their most underrated. The hate it gets here is absurd.

what are your other 4?


Strangest Tribe, Insignificance, Oceans, and Faithful are typically in those spots.

Great top 5.

"Evacuation" is interesting in that it's abrasive as all hell but also one of their most thoughtfully composed songs. I love it.


Spot on. Fun tune to jam on guitar too.

_________________
You have to shave your nipples if you want to be with me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 10, 2013 7:30 pm
Posts: 456
Location: Omaha
It's a B-side.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 50447
Django Butterworth wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
Every song on No Code, sans "I'm Open", is better than Evacuation.

Every song on Yield is better than Evacuation.

The majority of songs from Vitalogy, Vs., Ten, Binaural, and Riot Act are better than Evacuation.

Some of the songs on Avocado are better than Evacuation.

None of the songs on Backspacer or LB are better than Evacuation.

Songs from Backspacer that are better than Evacuation:
Anything other than The Fixer or Force of Nature

Songs from Lightning Bolt that are better than Evacuation:
Anything other than Let the Records play. And that's only because the chorus to Let The Records play sucks so much.

I'm not a huge fan of Evacuation, but lets not get carried away here.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 20602
Alright, Mr. Butterworth, don't make me do it.

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Evacuation
PostPosted: Tue July 07, 2015 6:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 34824
Location: Mountains
Evacuation is top tier pj. Everyone else betta recognize


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu August 16, 2018 4:31 pm