The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cover of the Moment: Comfortably Numb
PostPosted: Fri August 24, 2018 5:15 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

mikejasond wrote:
I have to agree with those who brought up you shouldn't cover Pink Floyd. This song is so quirky and distinctive that it's just a strange choice to me besides that mike is good on it. I do think Mother is worse as it's just a weird song to sing as a cover. If they're gonna do classic rock staples I'd rather they pick something different.

Or add some call and responses to the cover songs.

PostPosted: Fri August 24, 2018 5:43 pm 
Future Drummer

numbers wrote:
--- wrote:
no band should ever aim higher than catering to the whims of the softheaded, tasteless boors that encourage their indulgence in the particular brand of disposable schlock so appealing to middle-aged idlers with a waning interest in their craft

A crowd full of people with the above sentiment surely wouldn’t be an awful group to be around.

describe your manscaping regimen

PostPosted: Fri August 24, 2018 8:49 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

--- wrote:
numbers wrote:
--- wrote:
no band should ever aim higher than catering to the whims of the softheaded, tasteless boors that encourage their indulgence in the particular brand of disposable schlock so appealing to middle-aged idlers with a waning interest in their craft

A crowd full of people with the above sentiment surely wouldn’t be an awful group to be around.

describe your manscaping regimen

Figure out something that works for YOU.

PostPosted: Fri August 24, 2018 8:57 pm 
Poster of the Year

run2death wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Everyday in Lubbock

This was fucking great.

yeah this was awesome

PostPosted: Sat August 25, 2018 6:40 am 
10Club Complaint Department

I just got home from an amazing night with my girlfriend. I’ll space you the details of that, but as I was driving home I was listening to PJ radio on XM and this song came on and fuck if I didn’t crank it up and love every second of it! Ed wasn’t doing the gross voice thing that can be off-putting and Mike just slayed the solo. All you grumps need to find another cover to hate on, of which there are plenty. I hope they play it whenever I see PJ again.

PostPosted: Sat August 25, 2018 12:03 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

PHATJ wrote:
I just got home from an amazing night with my girlfriend. I’ll space you the details of that, but as I was driving home I was listening to PJ radio on XM and this song came on and fuck if I didn’t crank it up and love every second of it! Ed wasn’t doing the gross voice thing that can be off-putting and Mike just slayed the solo. All you grumps need to find another cover to hate on, of which there are plenty. I hope they play it whenever I see PJ again.

For me it isn't about hating the song. I like the song. It's about doing 5-8 covers a show when you have 200 of your own songs. 1-2 is fine, but I want to hear Pearl Jam songs.

On top of that, they don't do anything with this song. It's just a straight up cover which is lazy. I guess it's purpose is to get the crowd hyped up for the last five songs of the show though. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Sat August 25, 2018 12:56 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Tell us about the amazing night with your girlfriend!

PostPosted: Sat August 25, 2018 2:41 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

PHATJ wrote:

I saw it live i think..twice? and i dont want to see it live again. I like the song enough but gimme No Way or Ghost.

PostPosted: Sat August 25, 2018 3:33 pm 

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

For me it isn't about hating the song. I like the song. It's about doing 5-8 covers a show when you have 200 of your own songs. 1-2 is fine, but I want to hear Pearl Jam songs.

On top of that, they don't do anything with this song. It's just a straight up cover which is lazy. I guess it's purpose is to get the crowd hyped up for the last five songs of the show though. *shrugs*

I totally agree that 5-8 covers during a show is lame. I hate that. Comfortably Numb is one of the best songs ever, I’m glad they don’t “do anything” with it. I think they play it well enough and it’s cool to hear my favorite band play one of my favorite songs ever.

Last edited by PHATJ on Sat August 25, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat August 25, 2018 3:52 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

TELL US ABOUT THE AMAZING NIGHT WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND

PostPosted: Sat August 25, 2018 4:02 pm 

theplatypus wrote:
TELL US ABOUT THE AMAZING NIGHT WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND

I’ll preface this by saying I don’t get to see her as often as we’d like because we live in different cities. We got together yesterday afternoon, then we went to dinner at an awesome local restaurant/brewery. The food and drinks were very good, the conversation and time together was wonderful. When we got back to the house she’s staying at while she’s in town, we had maybe the best sex I’ve ever had. She had four intense orgasms, the first of which she swears may be the best orgasm she’s ever had. She also said that she’s never had more than three orgasms in a day, so... record broken. *self high five* Needless to say, I felt like a golden god. I’m getting ready right now to see her again. We’re going to spend the day at the beach and then get sushi for dinner. So yeah, life right now is pretty good.

PostPosted: Sat August 25, 2018 4:15 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Congrats!!

PostPosted: Sat August 25, 2018 5:09 pm 
Future Drummer

What thread is this again?

The lie about your sex life thread or the whine like little spoiled pj pit babies thread?

I'm confuzzled...

PostPosted: Sat August 25, 2018 7:21 pm 
Poster of the Year

four orgasms? that's almost a mickey!

PostPosted: Sat August 25, 2018 7:28 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

cutuphalfdead wrote:

She's become comfortably numb

PostPosted: Sun August 26, 2018 1:46 am 
Mind Your Tanners

cutuphalfdead wrote:

I hope that when I die this is somehow mentioned at my funeral (which none of you will be invited to, of course)

PostPosted: Sun August 26, 2018 2:20 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

My turn:

My wife reached down my pants this evening, gently stroked my balls for a good two minutes, and then stood on tiptoes so her mouth was closer to my ear and whispered, “Your mom gave me an extra long hug this afternoon.”

PostPosted: Sun August 26, 2018 3:21 am 

Iholdthepain wrote:
What thread is this again?

The lie about your sex life thread or the whine like little spoiled pj pit babies thread?

I'm confuzzled...

No lies

PostPosted: Sun August 26, 2018 8:01 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

When did they cover Danzig’s “Mother”??

PostPosted: Mon August 27, 2018 12:52 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

we really need to separate discussion of "covers" from anything this band co-wrote or performed live/ toured originally

Mirrorball - this was pearl jam, with Neil singing. Ed even does a verse on 'Peace and Love'. Pearl Jam + BOB + Neil - Ed did the tour. Nothing about this puts 'Throw Your Hatred Down' in cover territory. These guys helped write and record and tour on the damn thing. This is canon. They need to play more of this album.

Temple of the Dog - just stop doing this. Literally every member of modern pearl jam on this record - Ed singing on Hungerstrike. No covering here.

'Missing' - this was a Chris Cornell / Singles era song - performed for the first time 2 years ago by this band. Cornell performed it with PJ sans Ed and goes 'I don't even know how this song is supposed to sound'. If PJ sans Ed is performing this for the first time and touring on it, it's not a cover. They are the first fucking band to play it live. so just stop it

now back to disparaging pearl jam's COVER of 'Comfortably Numb'

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam