The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Vault #8: Missoula, MT, 8/29/2005
PostPosted: Wed January 09, 2019 9:13 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

I think the physical quality of the release (packaging and LP quality) matches up with the price point very well. I am okay with no ephemera or essays or anything. Would love if they could start doing 2 per year, though, and would also be happy (I feel like I'm in the minority here) if they released tour compilations if they've got good performances of incomplete shows sitting around. If the next Vault was "Australia '98" or "East Coast '96" I would still be excited, maybe even moreso.

PostPosted: Wed January 09, 2019 9:19 pm 
The Master

Simple Torture wrote:
I think the physical quality of the release (packaging and LP quality) matches up with the price point very well. I am okay with no ephemera or essays or anything. Would love if they could start doing 2 per year, though, and would also be happy (I feel like I'm in the minority here) if they released tour compilations if they've got good performances of incomplete shows sitting around. If the next Vault was "Australia '98" or "East Coast '96" I would still be excited, maybe even moreso.

And for God's sake, release a VFC show.

PostPosted: Wed January 09, 2019 9:53 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Simple Torture wrote:

I'd love that.

PostPosted: Wed January 09, 2019 11:13 pm 
Poster of the Year

Birds in Hell wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I'd love that.

yup

PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2019 1:01 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

With what they did with Live On Two Legs I cant see what the hold up would be to curate one of these.

PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2019 1:16 pm 
Future Drummer

Teeeeeekay wrote:
With what they did with Live On Two Legs I cant see what the hold up would be to curate one of these.

I know it's hard to believe, but listening to like 70 shows (that possibly only exist as un-mixed multi-tracks) in order to put together a compilation isn't exactly a breeze. That's 70 fucking versions of Betterman.

PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2019 3:52 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Sounds awful.

But getting paid to do so, could be tolerable.

PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2019 4:02 pm 
The Master

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Teeeeeekay wrote:

I know it's hard to believe, but listening to like 70 shows (that possibly only exist as un-mixed multi-tracks) in order to put together a compilation isn't exactly a breeze. That's 70 fucking versions of Betterman.

How many tours had that many shows before the bootleg era began? Just '98 and the early 90's, right?

PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2019 10:04 pm 
A Return To Form

did anyone in Canada get hit with import charges on this? I never have before, but for this, $39....

I'm assuming 10club doesn't do refunds... like if I decline the import charges to send it back to them, can I ask for a refund?

Playlist

PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2019 10:38 pm 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:
How many tours had that many shows before the bootleg era began? Just '98 and the early 90's, right?

I was exaggerating a little bit, but not much. This is basically what I am doing for a living now. (Not for PJ)

PostPosted: Thu January 10, 2019 10:43 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Tass Man wrote:
did anyone in Canada get hit with import charges on this? I never have before, but for this, $39....

I'm assuming 10club doesn't do refunds... like if I decline the import charges to send it back to them, can I ask for a refund?

I would email them first...looks like they do do refunds but you have to arrange it first; you'll probably have to eat shipping, though:

Quote:
Customs, Duties, and Taxes

Orders placed in the store that are shipped to countries outside of the U.S. may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country ("Import Fees"). The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such Import Fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates.

Return Policy

Ten Club will accept any unwashed/unworn merchandise items for return or exchange within 30 days of purchase (within 90 days of purchase for shipments outside of the United States). Ten Club will not accept for return or exchange any packaged non-wearables including CDs, DVDs, or videos once opened.

There are no refunds, returns or exchanges for digital downloads, all sales are final.

All returns and exchanges must first be approved by Ten Club. Please contact us with additional details before returning any item(s) so we can inform you of your returns/exchange options.

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/arti ... rms-of-Use

PostPosted: Fri January 11, 2019 12:08 am 
A Return To Form

Simple Torture wrote:
Tass Man wrote:

I would email them first...looks like they do do refunds but you have to arrange it first; you'll probably have to eat shipping, though:

Quote:
Customs, Duties, and Taxes

Orders placed in the store that are shipped to countries outside of the U.S. may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country ("Import Fees"). The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such Import Fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates.

Return Policy

Ten Club will accept any unwashed/unworn merchandise items for return or exchange within 30 days of purchase (within 90 days of purchase for shipments outside of the United States). Ten Club will not accept for return or exchange any packaged non-wearables including CDs, DVDs, or videos once opened.

There are no refunds, returns or exchanges for digital downloads, all sales are final.

All returns and exchanges must first be approved by Ten Club. Please contact us with additional details before returning any item(s) so we can inform you of your returns/exchange options.

https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/arti ... rms-of-Use

awesome, thanks for the info!

Playlist

PostPosted: Mon January 21, 2019 3:24 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
Bootleg CD purchases are shipped directly from Nugs.net, usually within 7-10 days of placing your order. Bootleg CD orders will take longer process and ship during holidays, tours and when a bootleg is newly released.

It's been over 10 days. Is it really possible that SO MANY people ordered the Missoula CD that Nugs can't get them all out in 10 days. For a company that's been doing this for a decade, they haven't sped up the process very much. In fact, I think they do it slower than they did when Pearl Jam first started using them.

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2019 1:14 am 
Major Dude

B wrote:
Quote:
Bootleg CD purchases are shipped directly from Nugs.net, usually within 7-10 days of placing your order. Bootleg CD orders will take longer process and ship during holidays, tours and when a bootleg is newly released.

It's been over 10 days. Is it really possible that SO MANY people ordered the Missoula CD that Nugs can't get them all out in 10 days. For a company that's been doing this for a decade, they haven't sped up the process very much. In fact, I think they do it slower than they did when Pearl Jam first started using them.

I think the shutdown has them slowed some.

And tariffs. Definitely tariffs.

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2019 1:15 am 
The Master

I haven’t even opened my vinyl yet. Sure glad I spent money on it

PostPosted: Tue January 22, 2019 1:49 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

you can go here and listen to it instead and then just keep it in the wrapper to appreciate in value:

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2019 6:03 pm 
Future Drummer

Whoa, I just sold Constitution Hall for $400.

Forgot I even had it listed.

Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2019 6:09 pm 
The Master

super nintendo chalmers wrote:

Damn son. Nice!

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2019 6:30 pm 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:
super nintendo chalmers wrote:

Damn son. Nice!

Hell yeah. That’s California airfare for me this April

Have you considered stacking papers and getting paid?

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2019 9:43 pm 
Poster of the Year

Damn I only got $355 for that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam