The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Rate Lowlight
5 stars 45%  45%  [ 17 ]
4 stars 39%  39%  [ 15 ]
3 stars 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
2 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 star 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 38
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Tue November 26, 2013 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51452
lowlight79 wrote:
hlniv wrote:
Does Yellow Moon still sound like Low Light to everyone?

I remember this being a common instant reaction to hearing Yellow Moon for the first time

I don't really care if it does or not, I love Low Light, and I'm starting to love Yellow Moon.


To me Yellow Moon is your friends little sister who all your other friends have hooked up with cause she's a whore. Your friend being Lowlight.

so how many sisters do you have?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Tue November 26, 2013 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:04 pm
Posts: 1590
Location: Heathrow, FL
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
hlniv wrote:
Does Yellow Moon still sound like Low Light to everyone?

I remember this being a common instant reaction to hearing Yellow Moon for the first time

I don't really care if it does or not, I love Low Light, and I'm starting to love Yellow Moon.


To me Yellow Moon is your friends little sister who all your other friends have hooked up with cause she's a whore. Your friend being Lowlight.

so how many sisters do you have?



Just 1. she ahs 5 brothers, so it aint my sister lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Tue November 26, 2013 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51569
Location: Sector 7-G
theplatypus wrote:
It's about as similar to "Low Light" as "I Am Mine" is similar to "Small Town".

But they're all 3/4 or 6/8 so they're exactly the same!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Sun July 13, 2014 5:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 8940
Location: here
this song is awesome. Ya know why? because it's awesome.

_________________
96583UP wrote:
note: this poll is regarding tenders and not nuggets


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Sun July 13, 2014 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14893
Its one of the gems.

The studio version is amazing. The production is fucking A.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Sun July 13, 2014 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 8940
Location: here
VinylGuy wrote:
The production is fucking A.


haha that's cool.

something being "fuck :finger: ing A."

_________________
96583UP wrote:
note: this poll is regarding tenders and not nuggets


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51452
what a beautiful song

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 10, 2013 7:30 pm
Posts: 456
Location: Omaha
Meh.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31729
the piano in this is pretty cool

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 10, 2013 7:30 pm
Posts: 456
Location: Omaha
The solo is the only thing that redeems it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51569
Location: Sector 7-G
Five stars.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51452
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Five stars.

Pretty special moment getting to see this song live with chud standing right next to me.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 6:04 pm 
Offline
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Posts: 6101
When "Yield" leaked to radio in January 1998, this was the first song that really stuck with me. I've always loved it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51569
Location: Sector 7-G
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Five stars.

Pretty special moment getting to see this song live with chud standing right next to me.

Aw huh.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32830
Location: Buenos Aires
Kevin Davis wrote:
When "Yield" leaked to radio in January 1998, this was the first song that really stuck with me. I've always loved it.

I first heard a piece of it on Single Video Theory. Yeah, I owned that before I owned Yield. I also liked it instantly.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66338
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Has always been one of my favorite songs on Yield. Just beautiful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Fri November 15, 2013 6:14 am
Posts: 20602
4 stars

_________________
Self wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just not meant to be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6017
durdencommatyler wrote:
Has always been one of my favorite songs on Yield. Just beautiful.

:luv:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66338
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
darth_vedder wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Has always been one of my favorite songs on Yield. Just beautiful.

:luv:

It's funny, when Yield first dropped I liked it but it felt light weight to me. Not a ton stuck for the first several months. But Lowlight, DtE and No Way were instant hits for me. And they've remained so every since.

Thankfully, the rest of the album has caught up. Yield is a fucking monster record.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lowlight
PostPosted: Mon July 13, 2015 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 6017
durdencommatyler wrote:
darth_vedder wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Has always been one of my favorite songs on Yield. Just beautiful.

:luv:

It's funny, when Yield first dropped I liked it but it felt light weight to me. Not a ton stuck for the first several months. But Lowlight, DtE and No Way were instant hits for me. And they've remained so every since.

Thankfully, the rest of the album has caught up. Yield is a fucking monster record.


You are speaking my language friend. Keep this up and you just might get laid tonight.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Thu October 18, 2018 7:22 am