The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Thu July 26, 2018 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17226
Location: Seattle, WA
shoulda gone with My Father's Capri Sun


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Thu July 26, 2018 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 34853
Location: Mountains
are they slaves if they are willing participants?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Thu July 26, 2018 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17226
Location: Seattle, WA
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Thu July 26, 2018 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21795
bodysnatcher wrote:
shoulda gone with My Father's Capri Sun

:thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Fri July 27, 2018 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 5325
tragabigzanda wrote:
guys we've gone from soda to juices and now to beers.
am i the only one who gives a shit about the rules?

Sorry

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Fri July 27, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 14, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 399
Location: KY
If it's not from Kentucky, it's not bourbon.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Fri July 27, 2018 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 50903
Location: Sector 7-G
lefty wrote:
If it's not from Kentucky, it's not bourbon.

not true


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Fri July 27, 2018 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 14, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 399
Location: KY
cutuphalfdead wrote:
lefty wrote:
If it's not from Kentucky, it's not bourbon.

not true

Change my mind.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Fri July 27, 2018 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 50903
Location: Sector 7-G
lefty wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
lefty wrote:
If it's not from Kentucky, it's not bourbon.

not true

Change my mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_whiskey

Bourbon whiskey
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bourbon whiskey /bɜːrbən/ is a type of American whiskey, a barrel-aged distilled spirit made primarily from corn. The name derives from the French Bourbon dynasty, although the precise inspiration for the whiskey's name is unsettled; contenders include Bourbon County in Kentucky and Bourbon Street in New Orleans.[1] Bourbon has been distilled since the 18th century.[2] The use of the term "bourbon" for the whiskey has been traced to the 1820s, and the term began to be used consistently in Kentucky in the 1870s.[1] While bourbon may be made anywhere in the United States, it is strongly associated with the American South, and with Kentucky in particular. As of 2014, the distillers' wholesale market revenue for bourbon sold within the U.S. is about $2.7 billion, and bourbon makes up about two-thirds of the $1.6 billion of U.S. exports of distilled spirits.[3][4]


...

The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits (27 C.F.R. 5) state that bourbon made for U.S. consumption[19] must be:

Produced in the United States[20]
Made from a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn[21]
Aged in new, charred oak containers[21]
Distilled to no more than 160 (U.S.) proof (80% alcohol by volume)[21]
Entered into the barrel for aging at no more than 125 proof (62.5% alcohol by volume)[21]
Bottled (like other whiskeys) at 80 proof or more (40% alcohol by volume)[22]


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Fri July 27, 2018 7:20 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 21431
Location: the beach
indiana makes so much bourbon that nobody knows about
https://www.thedailybeast.com/your-craf ... in-indiana


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Fri July 27, 2018 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 14, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 399
Location: KY
cutuphalfdead wrote:
lefty wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
lefty wrote:
If it's not from Kentucky, it's not bourbon.

not true

Change my mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_whiskey

Bourbon whiskey
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bourbon whiskey /bɜːrbən/ is a type of American whiskey, a barrel-aged distilled spirit made primarily from corn. The name derives from the French Bourbon dynasty, although the precise inspiration for the whiskey's name is unsettled; contenders include Bourbon County in Kentucky and Bourbon Street in New Orleans.[1] Bourbon has been distilled since the 18th century.[2] The use of the term "bourbon" for the whiskey has been traced to the 1820s, and the term began to be used consistently in Kentucky in the 1870s.[1] While bourbon may be made anywhere in the United States, it is strongly associated with the American South, and with Kentucky in particular. As of 2014, the distillers' wholesale market revenue for bourbon sold within the U.S. is about $2.7 billion, and bourbon makes up about two-thirds of the $1.6 billion of U.S. exports of distilled spirits.[3][4]


...

The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits (27 C.F.R. 5) state that bourbon made for U.S. consumption[19] must be:

Produced in the United States[20]
Made from a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn[21]
Aged in new, charred oak containers[21]
Distilled to no more than 160 (U.S.) proof (80% alcohol by volume)[21]
Entered into the barrel for aging at no more than 125 proof (62.5% alcohol by volume)[21]
Bottled (like other whiskeys) at 80 proof or more (40% alcohol by volume)[22]

Sure, it's not part of the federal standard, but it's pretty much blasphemy to say anything otherwise in my neck of the woods.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Fri July 27, 2018 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17226
Location: Seattle, WA
let kentucky have bourbon. it's got nothing else.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Fri July 27, 2018 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 14, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 399
Location: KY
bodysnatcher wrote:
let kentucky have bourbon. it's got nothing else.

You'd be surprised about how much horse money there is around here.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Fri July 27, 2018 10:29 pm 
Offline
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:45 pm
Posts: 21431
Location: the beach
lefty wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
let kentucky have bourbon. it's got nothing else.

You'd be surprised about how much horse money there is around here.

do you think bob baffert has ever f*cked a horse?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Fri July 27, 2018 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 50468
If it's not from New England, it's not chowdah

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Sat July 28, 2018 12:07 am 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 706
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
If it's not from New England, it's not chowdah


As a native New Yorker who vacations in New England, I can agree with that statement. But if it wasn’t made in New York, it’s not a bagel.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Sat July 28, 2018 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 50903
Location: Sector 7-G
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
If it's not from New England, it's not chowdah

hot take: clam chowder should not be very thick


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Sat July 28, 2018 12:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 21795
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
If it's not from New England, it's not chowdah

hot take: clam chowder should not be very thick

chud gets it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Sat July 28, 2018 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 50903
Location: Sector 7-G
tragabigzanda wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
If it's not from New England, it's not chowdah

hot take: clam chowder should not be very thick

chud gets it

thickness just masks the flavors

how do you feel about rhode island clear broth chowder?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Home Shows Alcoholic Beverages
PostPosted: Sat July 28, 2018 2:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 14, 2013 7:14 pm
Posts: 399
Location: KY
doug rr wrote:
lefty wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
let kentucky have bourbon. it's got nothing else.

You'd be surprised about how much horse money there is around here.

do you think bob baffert has ever f*cked a horse?

I don't know, but I guess he's doing something right. I'm sure there's people in this state that have fucked a horse for less.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
It is currently Mon August 20, 2018 9:40 am