The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 4877
Location: The lake
Maynard

_________________
serial thread entrepreneurial radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 8605
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 2662
tree_ wrote:
Maynard


MJK is douchier than Ed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 4877
Location: The lake
run2death wrote:
tree_ wrote:
Maynard


MJK is douchier than Ed.
But wayyy more talented and interesting

_________________
serial thread entrepreneurial radio coming soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 30646
Location: gone fishin'
Ehhhh

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 20559
They shouldn't hire anyone else, that's silly. They should seriously just go on indefinite hiatus until some sort of fire returns.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 13604
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
They shouldn't hire anyone else, that's silly. They should seriously just go on indefinite hiatus until some sort of fire returns.


Yup.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49857
Location: Sector 7-G
tragabigzanda wrote:
They shouldn't hire anyone else, that's silly. They should seriously just go on indefinite hiatus until some sort of fire returns.

No, they should definitely hire Whitey.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49270
Adam Levine

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 32099
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
Roseanne Barr

_________________
happiness is a temporary condition.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 2379
Location: The In Between
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
They shouldn't hire anyone else, that's silly. They should seriously just go on indefinite hiatus until some sort of fire returns.


Yup.


Why? They play some shows, trot out the hits, play more deep cuts than the average band, do a few too many covers, and seem to have a fun time in short spurts while middle aged white douches like me get together with old friends and have a good time. A new album just means 6 more songs per show that aren’t from their best years or, quite frankly, mine.

Def Leppard, Journey, and Cheap Trick are coming through town together this summer. I cannot imagine people in the audience bitching that they don’t have the fire anymore. Christ, Pearl Jam is going on 30 years. No one in any occupation is killing it in year 27 of their job. Ed said it himself years ago - All that’s sacred comes from youth. He’s still the perfect captain for this old ship. And at least he stands at the front of the stage where people who paid to see him sing actually can.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 30646
Location: gone fishin'
I bet there is a Cheap Trick version of RM

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 33930
Location: Mountains
daft twat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
They shouldn't hire anyone else, that's silly. They should seriously just go on indefinite hiatus until some sort of fire returns.


Yup.


Why? They play some shows, trot out the hits, play more deep cuts than the average band, do a few too many covers, and seem to have a fun time in short spurts while middle aged white douches like me get together with old friends and have a good time. A new album just means 6 more songs per show that aren’t from their best years or, quite frankly, mine.

Def Leppard, Journey, and Cheap Trick are coming through town together this summer. I cannot imagine people in the audience bitching that they don’t have the fire anymore. Christ, Pearl Jam is going on 30 years. No one in any occupation is killing it in year 27 of their job. Ed said it himself years ago - All that’s sacred comes from youth. He’s still the perfect captain for this old ship. And at least he stands at the front of the stage where people who paid to see him sing actually can.


I love you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 8416
Location: here
Strat wrote:
daft twat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
They shouldn't hire anyone else, that's silly. They should seriously just go on indefinite hiatus until some sort of fire returns.


Yup.


Why? They play some shows, trot out the hits, play more deep cuts than the average band, do a few too many covers, and seem to have a fun time in short spurts while middle aged white douches like me get together with old friends and have a good time. A new album just means 6 more songs per show that aren’t from their best years or, quite frankly, mine.

Def Leppard, Journey, and Cheap Trick are coming through town together this summer. I cannot imagine people in the audience bitching that they don’t have the fire anymore. Christ, Pearl Jam is going on 30 years. No one in any occupation is killing it in year 27 of their job. Ed said it himself years ago - All that’s sacred comes from youth. He’s still the perfect captain for this old ship. And at least he stands at the front of the stage where people who paid to see him sing actually can.


I love you.


I love you too.

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i ran over a bird this morning :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sat June 02, 2018 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 7:30 am
Posts: 8416
Location: here
tree_ wrote:
Maynard


Maynard belongs in tool, you......



:?

_________________
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
i ran over a bird this morning :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sun June 03, 2018 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 7242
Kim Thayil

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sun June 03, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 5053
daft twat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
They shouldn't hire anyone else, that's silly. They should seriously just go on indefinite hiatus until some sort of fire returns.


Yup.


Why? They play some shows, trot out the hits, play more deep cuts than the average band, do a few too many covers, and seem to have a fun time in short spurts while middle aged white douches like me get together with old friends and have a good time. A new album just means 6 more songs per show that aren’t from their best years or, quite frankly, mine.

Def Leppard, Journey, and Cheap Trick are coming through town together this summer. I cannot imagine people in the audience bitching that they don’t have the fire anymore. Christ, Pearl Jam is going on 30 years. No one in any occupation is killing it in year 27 of their job. Ed said it himself years ago - All that’s sacred comes from youth. He’s still the perfect captain for this old ship. And at least he stands at the front of the stage where people who paid to see him sing actually can.

Stop making so much sense!

You make an interesting point about being on the job for 27 years. I think for someone to remain excited and inspired would take, in most situations, some kind of evolution or promotion or fairly significant change(s) in that job. I mean I can see someone killing it after all those years at the same company if they have been working their way up the ladder and taking on more responsibilities, earning raises and whatnot. Compared to someone who works a production line or something for 3 decades...that would be hell. All that being said, if you're a world famous rock star you probably eliminate yourself from any attempts at job comparisons like I am doing right now.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sun June 03, 2018 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6567
Location: unnamed mental hospital
knee tunes wrote:
Strat wrote:
daft twat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
They shouldn't hire anyone else, that's silly. They should seriously just go on indefinite hiatus until some sort of fire returns.


Yup.


Why? They play some shows, trot out the hits, play more deep cuts than the average band, do a few too many covers, and seem to have a fun time in short spurts while middle aged white douches like me get together with old friends and have a good time. A new album just means 6 more songs per show that aren’t from their best years or, quite frankly, mine.

Def Leppard, Journey, and Cheap Trick are coming through town together this summer. I cannot imagine people in the audience bitching that they don’t have the fire anymore. Christ, Pearl Jam is going on 30 years. No one in any occupation is killing it in year 27 of their job. Ed said it himself years ago - All that’s sacred comes from youth. He’s still the perfect captain for this old ship. And at least he stands at the front of the stage where people who paid to see him sing actually can.


I love you.


I love you too.

I'm IN love with you.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sun June 03, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 6567
Location: unnamed mental hospital
The correct answer is Lou Diamond Phillips.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?
PostPosted: Sun June 03, 2018 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 5053
evenslow wrote:
The correct answer is Lou Diamond Phillips.

I mean ... you're not wrong.

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun June 24, 2018 10:44 am