tree_ wrote:Maynard

MJK is douchier than Ed.
But wayyy more talented and interesting

Re: Who should PJ hire to replace EV?

Sat June 02, 2018 6:00 pm

Ehhhh

Sat June 02, 2018 6:01 pm

They shouldn't hire anyone else, that's silly. They should seriously just go on indefinite hiatus until some sort of fire returns.

Sat June 02, 2018 6:06 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:They shouldn't hire anyone else, that's silly. They should seriously just go on indefinite hiatus until some sort of fire returns.

Yup.

Sat June 02, 2018 6:15 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:They shouldn't hire anyone else, that's silly. They should seriously just go on indefinite hiatus until some sort of fire returns.

No, they should definitely hire Whitey.

Sat June 02, 2018 8:44 pm

Adam Levine

Sat June 02, 2018 8:47 pm

Roseanne Barr

Sat June 02, 2018 9:02 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:

Yup.

Why? They play some shows, trot out the hits, play more deep cuts than the average band, do a few too many covers, and seem to have a fun time in short spurts while middle aged white douches like me get together with old friends and have a good time. A new album just means 6 more songs per show that aren’t from their best years or, quite frankly, mine.

Def Leppard, Journey, and Cheap Trick are coming through town together this summer. I cannot imagine people in the audience bitching that they don’t have the fire anymore. Christ, Pearl Jam is going on 30 years. No one in any occupation is killing it in year 27 of their job. Ed said it himself years ago - All that’s sacred comes from youth. He’s still the perfect captain for this old ship. And at least he stands at the front of the stage where people who paid to see him sing actually can.

Sat June 02, 2018 9:09 pm

I bet there is a Cheap Trick version of RM

Sat June 02, 2018 9:23 pm

daft twat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Yup.

Why? They play some shows, trot out the hits, play more deep cuts than the average band, do a few too many covers, and seem to have a fun time in short spurts while middle aged white douches like me get together with old friends and have a good time. A new album just means 6 more songs per show that aren’t from their best years or, quite frankly, mine.

Def Leppard, Journey, and Cheap Trick are coming through town together this summer. I cannot imagine people in the audience bitching that they don’t have the fire anymore. Christ, Pearl Jam is going on 30 years. No one in any occupation is killing it in year 27 of their job. Ed said it himself years ago - All that’s sacred comes from youth. He’s still the perfect captain for this old ship. And at least he stands at the front of the stage where people who paid to see him sing actually can.

I love you.

Sat June 02, 2018 9:32 pm

Strat wrote:
daft twat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Yup.

I love you.

I love you too.

Sat June 02, 2018 9:33 pm

tree_ wrote:Maynard

Maynard belongs in tool, you......

:?

Sun June 03, 2018 1:32 am

Kim Thayil

Sun June 03, 2018 6:12 pm

daft twat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Yup.

Stop making so much sense!

You make an interesting point about being on the job for 27 years. I think for someone to remain excited and inspired would take, in most situations, some kind of evolution or promotion or fairly significant change(s) in that job. I mean I can see someone killing it after all those years at the same company if they have been working their way up the ladder and taking on more responsibilities, earning raises and whatnot. Compared to someone who works a production line or something for 3 decades...that would be hell. All that being said, if you're a world famous rock star you probably eliminate yourself from any attempts at job comparisons like I am doing right now.

Sun June 03, 2018 6:15 pm

knee tunes wrote:
Strat wrote:
daft twat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Yup.

I love you.

I love you too.

I'm IN love with you.

Sun June 03, 2018 6:16 pm

The correct answer is Lou Diamond Phillips.

Sun June 03, 2018 6:29 pm

evenslow wrote:The correct answer is Lou Diamond Phillips.

I mean ... you're not wrong.
Post a reply