Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Song of the Moment: Pilate

Fri December 28, 2012 5:12 pm

old thread archived here

Re: Song of the Moment: Pilate

Fri January 27, 2017 11:58 pm

This has to be one of their most underrated songs. Man this is such a great song.

Sat January 28, 2017 12:10 am

meh

Sat January 28, 2017 12:13 am

I like Pilate. But I think it's probably rightly rated. It's good, not great. It certainly isn't terrible. I think most fans have a good grasp on where it ranks.

Sat January 28, 2017 1:35 am

I have loved this song since I heard it on the Given To Fly single before Yield came out.

Possibly my favorite thing about the second PJ20 show is that the whole single got played that night.

Sat January 28, 2017 2:13 am

durdencommatyler wrote:I like Pilate. But I think it's probably rightly rated. It's good, not great. It certainly isn't terrible. I think most fans have a good grasp on where it ranks.

The bridge is everything.

Sat January 28, 2017 2:47 am

durdencommatyler wrote:I like Pilate. But I think it's probably rightly rated. It's good, not great. It certainly isn't terrible. I think most fans have a good grasp on where it ranks.

No need to be mean about it

Sat January 28, 2017 4:03 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

meanlenny is rubbing off on him

Sat January 28, 2017 4:53 am

Pilate is incredible. Definitely underrated.

Sat January 28, 2017 4:29 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:Pilate is incredible. Definitely underrated.

:thumbsup: it's definitely one of their more interesting yet catchy songs.

Sat January 28, 2017 4:31 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

:lol:

Sat January 28, 2017 4:31 pm

Reading through this thread has me wanting to listen to In My Tree.

Sat January 28, 2017 10:47 pm

Pilate is pretty damn great

Sun January 29, 2017 1:44 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Reading through this thread has me wanting to listen to In My Tree.

Why do you hate me

Sun January 29, 2017 11:32 pm

Poll?

Mon January 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Albums are about "feel" for me. And everything about the bridge summarizes the feel of Yield every time I listen to it .

I love this song so much.

Tue February 02, 2021 4:26 am

Last edited by knee tunes on Tue February 02, 2021 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue February 02, 2021 4:37 am

Is there a more Joey post than the first one found in this thread?

Thu February 04, 2021 3:53 pm

washing machine wrote:Is there a more Joey post than the first one found in this thread?

:heartbeat:

Thu February 04, 2021 4:51 pm

Damn right I am quoting myself quoting myself:

Bammer wrote:You’re damn right I’m quoting myself:

Bammer wrote:Yield - in my circle anyway - signaled the end of the bandwagon Pearl Jam fan. No Code was “weird” compared to the first three records which the whole world loved. I feel like people gave No Code a pass, and waited to see if the next record would be another Ten. It wasn’t.

When Yield came out, you either knew you were locked in as a Pearl Jam fan for life, or you moved on to the next thing...

I’ve posted about this before, but the song Pilate embodied this for me. I love this record, of course. Half my friends suffered through me playing a song like Pilate and decided PJ was old news. On to the next thing. See ya, suckas!
Post a reply