The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 24820
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I agree with that Joe. It does sounds awesome...Bayleaf had the number one spot for a long time, but in the last couple of years RNDM won that, And of course im not counting Mad Season or Temple of the dog.


1. RNDM - Ghost Riding
2. Eddie Vedder - Into the Wild
3. Three Fish - Three Fish
4. Brad - Interiors
5. Wellwater Conspiracy - Wellwater Conspiracy
6. Brad - Shame
7. RNDM - Acts
8. Mad Season - Mad Season
9. Jack Irons - Attension Dimension
10. Three Fish - The Quiet Table


This looks about right. I would swap 1 and 2. Into the Wild is incredible and holds up really well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86357
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
VinylGuy wrote:
I agree with that Joe. It does sounds awesome...Bayleaf had the number one spot for a long time, but in the last couple of years RNDM won that, And of course im not counting Mad Season or Temple of the dog.

Ghost Riding is in my #2 spot right now, no question. That record is outstanding. I still haven't heard their other one, though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 40366
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I agree with that Joe. It does sounds awesome...Bayleaf had the number one spot for a long time, but in the last couple of years RNDM won that, And of course im not counting Mad Season or Temple of the dog.


1. RNDM - Ghost Riding
2. Eddie Vedder - Into the Wild
3. Three Fish - Three Fish
4. Brad - Interiors
5. Wellwater Conspiracy - Wellwater Conspiracy
6. Brad - Shame
7. RNDM - Acts
8. Mad Season - Mad Season
9. Jack Irons - Attension Dimension
10. Three Fish - The Quiet Table


This looks about right. I would swap 1 and 2. Into the Wild is incredible and holds up really well.


Dammit, I forgot all about Bayleaf. That slides in between 7 and 8, and The Quiet Table gets bumped off the list.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 24128
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I agree with that Joe. It does sounds awesome...Bayleaf had the number one spot for a long time, but in the last couple of years RNDM won that, And of course im not counting Mad Season or Temple of the dog.


1. RNDM - Ghost Riding
2. Eddie Vedder - Into the Wild
3. Three Fish - Three Fish
4. Brad - Interiors
5. Wellwater Conspiracy - Wellwater Conspiracy
6. Brad - Shame
7. RNDM - Acts
8. Mad Season - Mad Season
9. Jack Irons - Attension Dimension
10. Three Fish - The Quiet Table


This looks about right. I would swap 1 and 2. Into the Wild is incredible and holds up really well.


Dammit, I forgot all about Bayleaf. That slides in between 7 and 8, and The Quiet Table gets bumped off the list.


no temple? no rockfords? no stone 2nd album?

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 40366
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
VinylGuy wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I agree with that Joe. It does sounds awesome...Bayleaf had the number one spot for a long time, but in the last couple of years RNDM won that, And of course im not counting Mad Season or Temple of the dog.


1. RNDM - Ghost Riding
2. Eddie Vedder - Into the Wild
3. Three Fish - Three Fish
4. Brad - Interiors
5. Wellwater Conspiracy - Wellwater Conspiracy
6. Brad - Shame
7. RNDM - Acts
8. Mad Season - Mad Season
9. Jack Irons - Attension Dimension
10. Three Fish - The Quiet Table


This looks about right. I would swap 1 and 2. Into the Wild is incredible and holds up really well.


Dammit, I forgot all about Bayleaf. That slides in between 7 and 8, and The Quiet Table gets bumped off the list.


no temple? no rockfords? no stone 2nd album?

Not a big fan of any of those (though the TOTD reunion tour vids gave them a big bump in my opinion).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86357
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
1. Bayleaf - Stone Gossard
2. Ghost Riding - RNDM
3. Moonlanding - Stone Gossard
4. Into the Wild - Eddie Vedder
5. Three Fish - Three Fish
6. Mad Season - Mad Season
7. The Scroll and its Combinations - Wellwater Conspiracy
8. Ukulele Songs - Eddie Vedder
9. Temple of the Dog - Temple of the Dog
10. Tone - Jeff Ament


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 24128
Ok, so with temple and mad season in, this is my list:

1-Temple Of The dog TOTD
2-Mad Season Above
3-Eddie Vedder Into The Wild
4-RNDM Ghost Riding
5-Stone Gossard Bayleaf
6-Brad Best Friends?
7-Jack Irons Attention Dimension
8-Brad Interiors
9-Stone Gossard Moonlander
10- The Rockfords TR

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86357
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
I really should check out Brad one of these days.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 24128
I love Brad so much. Love Shawn´s voice and pretty much everything Stone does in their albums.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 86357
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
Looks like you and trag both have Interiors on your lists. I'll start with that one since you both have it ranked.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 23149
Location: Different mountains than Strat and Trag
I used to hear Interiors a lot in the grocery store


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 24128
durdencommatyler wrote:
Looks like you and trag both have Interiors on your lists. I'll start with that one since you both have it ranked.


Its a good start. Then pick up Best Friends? Such a good album...and they shelved for years. Incredible.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 40366
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
bodysnatcher wrote:
I used to hear Interiors a lot in the grocery store

Yeah, "The Day Brings" was a crossover hit with the grocery store/wedding/doctor's waiting room crowd.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 23149
Location: Different mountains than Strat and Trag
tragabigzanda wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
I used to hear Interiors a lot in the grocery store

Yeah, "The Day Brings" was a crossover hit with the grocery store/wedding/doctor's waiting room crowd.


Don't forget JCPenney!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 23149
Location: Different mountains than Strat and Trag
I could never get into Brad, but I understand why people dig them. I think it's Shawn Smith's vocals. It's like they were....too nice.


Last edited by bodysnatcher on Wed April 11, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 24820
Location: Mizzou
bodysnatcher wrote:
I could never get into Brad, but I understand why people dig them


Same. I like a few songs here and there, but they never clicked for me.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Wed April 11, 2018 4:10 pm 
Online
User avatar
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 65210
Wellwater should be at the top of all of these lists.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Thu April 12, 2018 3:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 57183
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
Bayleaf is far and away the best side project.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Thu April 12, 2018 3:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 24820
Location: Mizzou
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Bayleaf is far and away the best side project.


Bayleaf is really good. Didn't it come out right around 9/11?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jeff Ament - Heaven/Hell
PostPosted: Thu April 12, 2018 3:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 57183
Location: September 2020 Poster of the Month
Monkey_Driven wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Bayleaf is far and away the best side project.


Bayleaf is really good. Didn't it come out right around 9/11?

It came out on 9/11.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu January 28, 2021 12:25 pm