The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vs. Survivor: Round 3
PostPosted: Wed March 21, 2018 8:25 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:
Small Town is a top 10 song for me. Simple composition, great lyrics, beautiful performance, and an early showcase for Ed's emotional depth in his character pieces.

Well said. It's also some of Ed's best lyrics. I fucking adore Small Town.

All of that might be true, but I have no desire to hear this song again. Especially in concert.

I only vote on studio versions of these songs. The concert angle has no affect on how I vote. But I do understand why someone would be tired of the song live. I don't agree but I do get it.

same. studio versions only for me. i always hated that i loved Small Town. it was everything that PJ wasn't at the time. especially when Vitalogy came out. but i alwayd did love it, deep down. i don't like hearing the live version, unless you're there, and it's pretty good.

i remember the first time my wife went to a PJ show with me, and the lights came on when the crowd screamed, "HELLO". i think she looked around and went, "Wow..."

PostPosted: Wed March 21, 2018 8:36 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:
Small Town is a top 10 song for me. Simple composition, great lyrics, beautiful performance, and an early showcase for Ed's emotional depth in his character pieces.

All of that might be true, but I have no desire to hear this song again. Especially in concert.

I only vote on studio versions of these songs. The concert angle has no affect on how I vote. But I do understand why someone would be tired of the song live. I don't agree but I do get it.

same. studio versions only for me. i always hated that i loved Small Town. it was everything that PJ wasn't at the time. especially when Vitalogy came out. but i alwayd did love it, deep down. i don't like hearing the live version, unless you're there, and it's pretty good.

i remember the first time my wife went to a PJ show with me, and the lights came on when the crowd screamed, "HELLO". i think she looked around and went, "Wow..."

That’s kind of a cool moment. I typically vote just on the studio version too, but my overall feeling for a song can be enhanced or diminished by particularly good or bad live experience.

I’ll put it this way, back in the mid 90s Small Town would have been an easy favorite of mine. Solid on the album, awesome live performances. Good shit. After 20 years of Ed sounding shittier and shittier, and crowds taking over vocals, and blah blah blah blah blah ... I just don’t fucking care anymore. And it sucks now. I can’t really even enjoy the album version anymore either. And by the way, same can be said for Indifference.

PostPosted: Wed March 21, 2018 8:41 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:

Oh man that's awesome.

Post subject: Re: Vs. Survivor: Round 4
PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 11:48 am 
The worst

Blood and Indifference.

Blood is the easy choice here. Indifference used to be a top 5, and is still amazing, but look at what it's up against.

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 11:51 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

elderly
blood

kp

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 12:05 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Blood (really easy)
Indifference

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 12:06 pm 

koopee27 wrote:
elderly
blood

kp

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 12:17 pm 
The Beef

Blood
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 12:55 pm 
Stone's Bitch

durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:

Oh man that's awesome.

As much as I've heard this song, I STILL look forward to that moment every time.

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 12:56 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Based completely on what I (don't) listen to today...

RVM
Indifference

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 1:11 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Small Town
Indifference

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 1:44 pm 
The worst

evenslow wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:

Oh man that's awesome.

As much as I've heard this song, I STILL look forward to that moment every time.

Same. I enjoy taking people to shows who have never been, because they are consistently awed by what we take for granted

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 2:10 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Blood
Indifference

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 2:34 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

durdencommatyler wrote:
Blood
Indifference

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 3:00 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Chris_H_2 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Blood
Indifference

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 3:09 pm 

EJ wrote:
Small Town
Indifference

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 3:10 pm 
The Master

Indifference
Blood

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 3:17 pm 
Rank This Poster

Blood & Go

This wasn't as hard as other albums.

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 3:30 pm 
Stone's Bitch

stip wrote:
evenslow wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
stip wrote:

Oh man that's awesome.

Same. I enjoy taking people to shows who have never been, because they are consistently awed by what we take for granted

That and the DTE Hallelujah and the GTF arms wide open.

PostPosted: Thu March 22, 2018 3:40 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

The DtE hallelujah is the best

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam