Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)

Thu May 03, 2018 7:16 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:Sedentary Rock chat.

sounds like the conversation at a Wishlist Foundation pre-show party

Thu May 03, 2018 7:18 pm

Obligatory Rock Chart

Thu May 03, 2018 7:20 pm

Anemic Rock chart

Thu May 03, 2018 7:56 pm

The reason this doesn't feel like a single is the total lack of any marketing hype behind it. It was a surprise release on a Tuesday out of nowhere that was directly inspired by the school shooting and protests. Then there was confusion whether it was a Christmas single or from an actual album. I dunno wtf they are doing.

I remember for Mind Your Manners we had a few weeks of teaser videos and artwork teasers until the single dropped. Felt like proper album hype. What are they doing now? Give us something already :shake:

Thu May 03, 2018 11:55 pm

Hatfield wrote:
Coach wrote:Once in awhile I'll listen to this; I'd be more excited if it wasn't placed on the new album. It doesn't feel like it's complete enough to be a first single. Maybe it's the lack of a proper bridge and that chorus. But still, that first 30-40 seconds is great. I don't see how anyone could have a problem w/ that portion of the song.

You know it's gotten bad in Pearl Jam land when the guy who didn't feel like I Got Id lived up to Pearl Jam's standards is defending the quality of 30-40 seconds of their new single. :shake:

I never understood why I Got Id was/continues to be so underrated. It's a great tune, if you ask me.

Fri May 04, 2018 12:28 am

Coach wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
Coach wrote:Once in awhile I'll listen to this; I'd be more excited if it wasn't placed on the new album. It doesn't feel like it's complete enough to be a first single. Maybe it's the lack of a proper bridge and that chorus. But still, that first 30-40 seconds is great. I don't see how anyone could have a problem w/ that portion of the song.

You know it's gotten bad in Pearl Jam land when the guy who didn't feel like I Got Id lived up to Pearl Jam's standards is defending the quality of 30-40 seconds of their new single. :shake:

I never understood why I Got Id was/continues to be so underrated. It's a great tune, if you ask me.

top 10 for me

Fri May 04, 2018 12:45 am

Sources say the b-side will be Can't Deny Me Remix(produced by Flood).

Fri May 04, 2018 1:33 am

The new Alice in Chains single demolishes this :lol:

https://instaud.io/private/7d3d96a86cb0 ... 0eae16b119

Fri May 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Jammer XCI wrote:The new Alice in Chains single demolishes this :lol:

In comparison, Can’t Deny Me is a breakthrough. That pretty much sounds like the same AIC nu metal they’ve done time and again since Korn was a radio regular.

Fri May 04, 2018 3:00 pm

Vindicator wrote:The reason this doesn't feel like a single is the total lack of any marketing hype behind it. It was a surprise release on a Tuesday out of nowhere that was directly inspired by the school shooting and protests. Then there was confusion whether it was a Christmas single or from an actual album. I dunno wtf they are doing.

I remember for Mind Your Manners we had a few weeks of teaser videos and artwork teasers until the single dropped. Felt like proper album hype. What are they doing now? Give us something already :shake:

Yeah this feels more like Ole

Fri May 04, 2018 5:44 pm

liebzz wrote:

In comparison, Can’t Deny Me is a breakthrough. That pretty much sounds like the same AIC nu metal they’ve done time and again since Korn was a radio regular.

:facepalm:

The only AIC song released in Korn's heyday was Get Born Again and this sounds nothing like that.

By the time AIC came back in 2009 Korn was super old news.

Fri May 04, 2018 7:37 pm

Jammer XCI wrote:
liebzz wrote:

The only AIC song released in Korn's heyday was Get Born Again and this sounds nothing like that.

By the time AIC came back in 2009 Korn was super old news.

guys, it's spelled KoЯn

Sat May 05, 2018 6:01 pm

My point was that the song is a big fat nothing.

Sat May 05, 2018 6:10 pm

I guess it will be on the next album, which i think is kinda finished by now, but they are still not saying anything about the actual release. Maybe they could write some more in this tour who knows.

Sat May 05, 2018 9:32 pm

final judgment via board smilies...

first 40 seconds...
:bammer:
:stickman:

rest of song...
:thisisfine:

Sat July 14, 2018 12:54 am

This is the worst White Stripes song ever

Sat July 14, 2018 1:37 am

mikejasond wrote:This is the worst White Stripes song ever

Not by a long shot

Sat July 14, 2018 4:30 am

The white stripes suck

Sat July 14, 2018 4:43 am

Dead leaves and the dirty ground... AND YOU CAN'T DENY ME!!!!!!

Sat July 14, 2018 4:43 am

verb_to_trust wrote:The white stripes suck

agreed
Post a reply