The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 65  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17780
Location: Seattle, WA
I'll hide my disappointment because for years I have been hoping
That when she came she'd be coming YOU CAN'T DENY ME!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17780
Location: Seattle, WA
I believe
And I believe because I can see
Our future days
Days of YOU CAN'T DENY ME!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 5:47 pm
Posts: 3157
Location: Louisville, KY
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and YOU CANT DENY ME!

Spoiler: show
this is fun!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66416
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Turned to my nemesis a fool no fucking god.
No, time, suck, my
Please, please, please

Are... are these the real words? Really? REALLY?!?!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17780
Location: Seattle, WA
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Turned to my nemesis a fool no fucking god.
No, time, suck, my
Please, please, please

Are... are these the real words? Really? REALLY?!?!


who knows

to be fair, it's eddie, so he probably doesn't even know either


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66416
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Turned to my nemesis a fool no fucking god.
No, time, suck, my
Please, please, please

Are... are these the real words? Really? REALLY?!?!


who knows

to be fair, it's eddie, so he probably doesn't even know either

I don't care if Eddie knows. I hold E.H. Ruddock to a higher standard than Eddie Vedder.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17780
Location: Seattle, WA
durdencommatyler wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Turned to my nemesis a fool no fucking god.
No, time, suck, my
Please, please, please

Are... are these the real words? Really? REALLY?!?!


who knows

to be fair, it's eddie, so he probably doesn't even know either

I don't care if Eddie knows. I hold E.H. Ruddock to a higher standard than Eddie Vedder.


well that's your first mistake


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51496
'snatch has it out for me today

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17780
Location: Seattle, WA
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
'snatch has it out for me today


:heartbeat:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 13656
Location: Dat Azz
I just listened to this song twice. I still like the first 20 seconds and hate the rest.

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17780
Location: Seattle, WA
it's pretty forgettable for me


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9170
this song pops into my head when i get the urge to gag on a bone

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 2118
96583UP wrote:
this song pops into my head when i get the urge to gag on a bone


All the time?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9170
no, only when i get the urge. like every couple of days, if things are going well

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Mon April 09, 2018 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 13656
Location: Dat Azz
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
96583UP wrote:
this song pops into my head when i get the urge to gag on a bone


All the time?

AL

_________________
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Post better and stop being a dork.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 1:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun April 07, 2013 1:57 am
Posts: 112
why now u dont bitching??

??really why now u pay 20 $ for fees noone bitching ??but if 10c put that fees u was ready to start a war???77 the ticket and the total for me was 96.5 as internation buyer...i guess its more easy to complain to 10c couse they care and they will try to help u..but ticketmaster dont know u and for sure they dont fuckin care..

u cant deny me?!!?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 1:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32856
Location: Buenos Aires
Tonight was 'opening day' at Security Field where I'm working at the Fox Den for the baseball season. This was the first night that I worked in the store, and wow was it freaking busy. I sold so many blankets, sweatshirts, and beanies! This was because of fans that came to the game unprepared for the cold weather. I swear I must have sold over 100 blankets. At $32 a pop for a blanket? whewwww. For the first 30 minutes after the gates opened they had bag pipes playing, which sort of made sense because earlier in the afternoon I wondered why the hell some guy would wear a kilt to the game considering how cold it was. The highlight of my night was two guys that patronized the den. One was swapping out his Detroit Tigers cap for a Sky Sox cap. We talked about both having moved to Colorado and how we'll probably have to become Rockies fans now. I asked about which cap he would wear if both the Tigers and the Rocks go to the World Series, and he grinned and waved his Tigers hat at me as he went out the door. Nice. The second was a guy from southern MI. He was swapping out his Red Wings beanie for a Sox beanie. He told me about how his Irish grandparents got off the boat and found themselves in an all Polish neighborhood in Detroit, so that's how his family learned how to fight and play hockey. His uncle and another relative of his played for the Wings is what he told me. So I told him where I was from and he said "oh I know where that is! It's right here!" and he held up his hand and pointed right to the Saginaw Bay. It was nice to talk to a couple of strangers with a familiar place in common. Most retail jobs are grueling. But this one isn't. It's light hearted and fun. To sum it up. I really really really hope I get to meet Fox the Sox at some point, AND YOU CAN'T DENY ME


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 1:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9170
I first want to thank you for the visual aids here, thanks for linking to the other threads because this is such an active time for RM that everyone definitely would have missed them otherwise. and to drop the sarcasm momentarily, this is basically the kind of action that pisses me off about you guys. meaning your generation as represented by the posters here over the years who employ this technique. It's not dissimilar to my starting this thread, and the other one etc., except in that my motivation is to tear down the wall of garbage facade that's presented in doing it and point out what it actually displays itself as: a cheap grap at attention, and hope to first shut people up about whatever you're pissing on, and to display your superior ability at out thrashing the other person in online context. And should you disagree with my assessment, which I'll assume you will, I will state absolutely this is certainly how it comes across to me. But then I'm old, which we all know, I love love love telling you about... But I'll come back to that later.

since my time and ability to post from work is limited and extremely difficult from a phone (because I'm old, you see) it becomes a very hit and run activity. I go through periods of downtime and then am slammed with work, Thursday and yesterday I got slammed. but I've got time now and will gleefully respond to all your smart quips, clever jibes, and brutally accurate assaults...

regarding any PMs I've sent you - there's probably been maybe 5 over the course of the last 5 years, or however long i've known you here, but whatever, since you felt it necessary to bring up please note: my going on at length about my age, or what I observe about you (or whoever it is I'm PMing) or going on at length, period- that's me. I don't discriminate in what I write to who, in PMs as I feel this is the most available way to speak as myself to someone else. should you not care to believe that, you are free to ask lenny or alex or tommy or jcurley or anyone else I've had extended conversations with here - spike probably can vouch for this always being my mode of communication- but you know, jorge, I find it rather despicable on your part to even bother with that kind of thrashing - it's irrelevant, and again, is mostly designed to shut me up while showing the rest of the board just how very clever and smart you think you are. and you know what - we know you're clever and smart, so when you decide to attack me in this way, all it shows me is how much of an asshole you can be, which, honestly, I'm pretty open about being the bigger asshole than anyone else on this board. you don't need to compete with me on that level because it's fruitless. and only gives me more opportunity to reply in kind.

regarding what you say was a clumsily worded post or whatever in saying obama is nominally black - who the hell cares - oh, right- you did. because you took it as an opportunity to whip me across the face with it within minutes of my Slamming Keys it after a very long, and hard thought about reply to jom, in an attempt to explain why I felt as I do about donald trump, white men who are mostly racist, and what effects I think trump being elected to office would or will have on the country.

but ok, fine, you thought it was funny, and remarked on it, did you expect me to sit silently and not respond? did you expect me to just laugh along with you after writing out everything I wrote in my post - when I'm already worked up and pissed off and pretty much exhausted (there's that age gig of mine again...)? and if you did, then shame on you for not knowing at least enough about me to think - oh, hay thar guys, let's all laugh at malice for calling obama nominally black because she's definitely going to get a humorous kick out of that???

but no, since I did respond, you decided, this is a good time to further point out how stupid her statement is by taking her post and reversing it so she can really get her nose rubbed it about her own attitudes...

at which point, you know- fuck you. Don't think for a minute that I'm going to take that lying down now that you got me riled up - now I'm going to let you know that it's fucking amazing that you think you have a decent perception of black culture in the US. Nor does anyone here on this board - we all mostly white, mostly upper middle class, mostly well educated, mostly NOT BLACK.
should it make any difference - but I doubt it will, i've at least had some exposure to black culture in my life choices of friends. Being from a large family that was many years older than me, most of my childhood was spent with my best friend and her family of five siblings (who are, in fact, black americans) and their black friends. they were more my family than my own for many years. Additionally, my high school had a student body of about 2500 kids, grades 7 through 12 - the school at that time was about 65% black kids. (my best guess estimate, but I'm sure you can look it up as needed - I graduated in 1984 from East Jr/Sr High School.)
it influenced how i relate to the world in general, it influenced who I was most comfortable around and it influenced what I think of white people in the US.
This is perhaps a ridiculous concept to you, or to the other people here of your age group since your generation actually has made progress in treating one another and people instead of as black people and white people and asian people and italian people and whatevs.
my generation talked the talk but rarely walked the walk when it came to relating to other ethnic groups. so for me, it has made a huge difference in my life, and in how the white kids I knew treated me as well.
sorry that I have a different life experience than you, and sorry that i actually DO have MORE life experience than you.
your over-intellectualized take on my commentary about black people, or obama or societal behavior is not how the world is, not in my experience, and while I can't say for certain, not in the perceptions of black america either.

here's some demographics for you and bart and anyone else that cares to read them about rochester ny while passing judgment on my comments :
The population density in Rochester is 1540% higher than New York.
The median age in Rochester is 18% lower than New York.
In Rochester 44.79% of the population is Caucasian.
In Rochester 40.87% of the population is African American.
In Rochester 3.48% of the population is Asian.

or like I tell my best friend of almost 30 years who is ALSO a black american :it's a lot of black people in Rochester.
(and Buffalo too from what I know of that city)

don't tell me that doesn't affect my ability to qualify (or quantify) some part of the black experience in the US - I just moved back from Boston, which my OTHER black american friend once termed "the most racist city on the east coast"- the majority of the people I was friends with there were also black americans.

Any of this making landfall with you so far? I'm guessing no, but see I don't write this for you, I write it for me (ok mostly for me, some for you). I write it because I'll be damned if you get to be the determining factor in a debate with me about what kind of black american gets elected as president. and when I allow for you to post in the manner that you do/did with me in that context, ya, I'm fucking angry about it, and I take it personally, and I don't care that it leaves the door open for further shot taking, go on ahead, I'll probably let it go now anyway because this takes too much energy for me to continue with any extended conversation.

I'm bothered enough by what goes on in my daily life to NOT want RM to mirror any real life life frustrations that I can't act on because - it's the real world, and not RM - so you start making me angry or frustrated, expect nothing OTHER than this kind of extended and drawn out reaction from me - I have no tolerance for getting shit on here anymore, so I'm going to generally tell you guys as a matter of habit when I think you're being a dick. sorry that doesn't fit into whatever box I should reside in while Slamming Keys here, RM is a singular experience far as I'm concerned, I have no desire to post in any particular manner or format other than the one I choose at the moment I'm Slamming Keys, and YOU CAN'T DENY ME

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 1:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 32856
Location: Buenos Aires
Close this thread


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Can't Deny Me (2017 Christmas Single)
PostPosted: Tue April 10, 2018 1:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 51496
We still calling this a Christmas single?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 65  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat October 20, 2018 5:28 am