The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 16, 2013 1:12 pm
Posts: 625
stip wrote:
Blenheim Augustine wrote:
stip wrote:
I can see now in retrospect why some people feel a bit upset (I actually started to feel bad when bada said he believed strictly because I stood by it), but this honestly never really occurred to B, to myself, to Chud, or to any of the other people we had run this past. I don't regret that we did it, but I do wish people enjoyed it more.


I don't think anyone was actually upset, so don't flatter yourself into an apology. People were upset about the antiquiet demos. With this it was like - really? That's pretty lame. April Fools? No it's the third. Rick Roll? Wasn't that amusing in 2003? Is that the best someone can come up with in 2013? Just because people are saying this was a bit shit doesn't mean that they were upset - if it was a good April fool people would have had egg on their faces and people would have been upset.

And people didn't enjoy it because it wasn't very good. It was just a shaggy dog ego trip.

"Oh this guy's really upset because he wrote a few sentences about this." No, I'm watching Crossfire Hurricane :finger:


Duly noted. Thank you for speaking on behalf of everyone who posted in this thread and clarifying what exactly is going on. Your ability to know exactly what the Red Mosquito community in its entirety thinks and feels is invaluable. Next time if you could just get to this earlier you could probably save everyone a lot of unnecessary posting.


Yeah sorry Stip - I've completely misread the mood of this thread.

Harmless
Somebody let me know when something interesting happens in terms of PJ or RM.

warehouse
so B and stip made a lame attempt at buggy and GH's april fool's joke? is that what happened in here?

Birds in Hell
This is awful and it's not like I can even say, "oh, I can see how B and stip thought this would be funny." I seriously can't

Turned to Black
Yeah, I thought making people "inspect the code" was the only clever part of the whole retarded thing.

Skitch
I really like the notion of tacking an intro onto a rick roll and pretending it's going to be a Pearl Jam song. Why didnt i ever think of this?

EH Ruddock
Wait,.April fools on April 3rd? I don't get it.

Warehouse
the joke was still possibly the lamest thing in the history of RM

nah
only people with kids would do this.

evenslow
I'm going to buy a shovel so I can dig out the actual joke from this clusterfuck.

blue state
NOT FUNNY

EJ
is anyone actually riled up?

turned2black
It was too lame to really get anyone upset.

_________________
Quote:
While a Western guitar motif lost on the swings drum bass fusion, get your own thoughts into the subconscious often forgotten. "Pendulum" is a sweeping soul from the ballast.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31634
yup, that is a list of some things that were said in this thread. 12 posts out of 242 at this time. No doubt some people, perhaps even a majority of people, though this was lame.

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 31634
however, other posters (including some of the people you quote above) throughout this 12 page thread talked repeatedly about how lame they thought this was with a level of either vitriol or persistent insistence that led me to believe that some posters were upset by the whole thing (including a few that I personally like quite a bit). And since our intention was not to hurt anyone in this process I felt that an apology was warranted if, in fact, there were hurt feelings. If you were not upset by this then you could ignore said apology.

I understand you could care less about this and are not in the least bit emotionally invested. The preemptive middle finger in your previous post made that clear.

_________________
So many tournaments, so little time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 16, 2013 1:12 pm
Posts: 625
stip wrote:
yup, that is a list of some things that were said in this thread.


Image

_________________
Quote:
While a Western guitar motif lost on the swings drum bass fusion, get your own thoughts into the subconscious often forgotten. "Pendulum" is a sweeping soul from the ballast.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 1:05 am
Posts: 1289
isn't it even lamer to waste time complaining about how lame you think it was?

_________________
Spoiler: show
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 10:55 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 3:34 pm
Posts: 2661
i only accept apologies in monetary form


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 12:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 3076
Location: Death Machine Inc's HQ
I can only hope you guys really do have some leaked material and the rick-roll is just a elaborate scam to protect whomever gave it you.

_________________
the sentinel remains vigilant


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:53 pm
Posts: 14241
Location: Illinois
Blenheim Augustine wrote:
stip wrote:
Blenheim Augustine wrote:
stip wrote:
I can see now in retrospect why some people feel a bit upset (I actually started to feel bad when bada said he believed strictly because I stood by it), but this honestly never really occurred to B, to myself, to Chud, or to any of the other people we had run this past. I don't regret that we did it, but I do wish people enjoyed it more.


I don't think anyone was actually upset, so don't flatter yourself into an apology. People were upset about the antiquiet demos. With this it was like - really? That's pretty lame. April Fools? No it's the third. Rick Roll? Wasn't that amusing in 2003? Is that the best someone can come up with in 2013? Just because people are saying this was a bit shit doesn't mean that they were upset - if it was a good April fool people would have had egg on their faces and people would have been upset.

And people didn't enjoy it because it wasn't very good. It was just a shaggy dog ego trip.

"Oh this guy's really upset because he wrote a few sentences about this." No, I'm watching Crossfire Hurricane :finger:


Duly noted. Thank you for speaking on behalf of everyone who posted in this thread and clarifying what exactly is going on. Your ability to know exactly what the Red Mosquito community in its entirety thinks and feels is invaluable. Next time if you could just get to this earlier you could probably save everyone a lot of unnecessary posting.


Yeah sorry Stip - I've completely misread the mood of this thread.

Harmless
Somebody let me know when something interesting happens in terms of PJ or RM.

warehouse
so B and stip made a lame attempt at buggy and GH's april fool's joke? is that what happened in here?

Birds in Hell
This is awful and it's not like I can even say, "oh, I can see how B and stip thought this would be funny." I seriously can't

Turned to Black
Yeah, I thought making people "inspect the code" was the only clever part of the whole retarded thing.

Skitch
I really like the notion of tacking an intro onto a rick roll and pretending it's going to be a Pearl Jam song. Why didnt i ever think of this?

EH Ruddock
Wait,.April fools on April 3rd? I don't get it.

Warehouse
the joke was still possibly the lamest thing in the history of RM

nah
only people with kids would do this.

evenslow
I'm going to buy a shovel so I can dig out the actual joke from this clusterfuck.

blue state
NOT FUNNY

EJ
is anyone actually riled up?

turned2black
It was too lame to really get anyone upset.


I wasn't around for a few days when this happened, but I feel a strong kinship with the list above


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 1:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 32106
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
cutuphalfdead wrote:
stip wrote:
until we had the technical problem with the site right at the end.

B fucked it up, call it for what it is.

Everything was going perfectly up to that point.

_________________
happiness is a temporary condition.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 2:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Jeff's Infallible Pendulum
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 2:06 am
Posts: 1953
Location: Australia
We sure know how to talk seven shades of shit out of something round here.

_________________
Lament wrote:
Like I always say, "Anyone who thinks getting kicked in the nuts by one person sucks has never gotten kicked in the nuts by two people at the same time."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 5:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 49881
Location: Sector 7-G
stip wrote:
however, other posters (including some of the people you quote above) throughout this 12 page thread talked repeatedly about how lame they thought this was with a level of either vitriol or persistent insistence that led me to believe that some posters were upset by the whole thing (including a few that I personally like quite a bit). And since our intention was not to hurt anyone in this process I felt that an apology was warranted if, in fact, there were hurt feelings. If you were not upset by this then you could ignore said apology.

I understand you could care less about this and are not in the least bit emotionally invested. The preemptive middle finger in your previous post made that clear.

My intent was to hurt people.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:18 pm
Posts: 470
Location: Alone in a corridor
Maybe it's just me, but I think it's about time we give this a rest. What do you say, Team RM?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 3:25 pm 
Online
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 30660
Location: gone fishin'
No, let's talk some more about what a failure it was.

_________________
oh no!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 49283
Fuzzcharger wrote:
We sure know how to talk seven shades of shit out of something round here.

This made me laugh.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 12:30 am 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sat March 02, 2013 2:57 pm
Posts: 531
warehouse wrote:
i only accept apologies in monetary form


Hahahaha......THIS WAS GOOD

Stip....send him a check


Last edited by nightmareblack0206 on Sun April 07, 2013 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 12:31 am 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sat March 02, 2013 2:57 pm
Posts: 531
Angus wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I think it's about time we give this a rest. What do you say, Team RM?


I been saying this for 3 days now!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun April 07, 2013 1:57 am
Posts: 111
Blenheim Augustine wrote:
stip wrote:
I can see now in retrospect why some people feel a bit upset (I actually started to feel bad when bada said he believed strictly because I stood by it), but this honestly never really occurred to B, to myself, to Chud, or to any of the other people we had run this past. I don't regret that we did it, but I do wish people enjoyed it more.


I don't think anyone was actually upset, so don't flatter yourself into an apology. People were upset about the antiquiet demos. With this it was like - really? That's pretty lame. April Fools? No it's the third. Rick Roll? Wasn't that amusing in 2003? Is that the best someone can come up with in 2013? Just because people are saying this was a bit shit doesn't mean that they were upset - if it was a good April fool people would have had egg on their faces and people would have been upset.

And people didn't enjoy it because it wasn't very good. It was just a shaggy dog ego trip.

"Oh this guy's really upset because he wrote a few sentences about this." No, I'm watching Crossfire Hurricane :finger:


:finger:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun April 07, 2013 2:38 am
Posts: 743
Location: Gulfport, MS
Blenheim you are acting like a twat.

_________________
Less judgement, more curiosity.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 3:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 8959
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Welcome to the board. :)

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: talk about the leaked demos
PostPosted: Sun April 07, 2013 3:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Sun April 07, 2013 2:38 am
Posts: 743
Location: Gulfport, MS
B wrote:
Welcome to the board. :)


Many thanks. I was on the old board too but didn't participate much.

Really I just re-registered to call people names.

The prank was a groaner, and yeah I was leery of the whole thing, but... I still got excited when the "demos" were posted. Not sure if that counts as a gotcha! or not but there ya go.

It's doesn't call for the vitriol I see though.

_________________
Less judgement, more curiosity.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 286 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun June 24, 2018 10:37 pm