Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Yield was released 20 years ago today

Tue February 06, 2018 5:00 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:I bought this on cassette at Quincy Records & Tapes about 6 months after it came out.

Do you still have the cassette?

nope

Tue February 06, 2018 5:10 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:I bought this on cassette at Quincy Records & Tapes about 6 months after it came out.

nope

Bummer. I was gonna buy it from you.

Tue February 06, 2018 5:23 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

nope

I'll trade you a Yield cassette for your original pressing of the Binaural vinyl.

Tue February 06, 2018 5:24 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

nope

I'll trade you a Yield cassette for your original pressing of the Binaural vinyl.

I'll just sell you my copy of Binaural.

Tue February 06, 2018 7:49 pm

i still have this cassette somewhere

Tue February 06, 2018 7:52 pm

When the album came out, I was working with Virgin at the time. We ended up giving out these sick poker card poster. I kept like 3 or 4 for myself as no one came to the midnight sale. Never knew they would be worth anything. Ended up selling 3 of them for like 300 a pop about 10 years ago. Those were the days.

Tue February 06, 2018 10:10 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:i still have this cassette somewhere

GIMME IT

Tue February 06, 2018 10:13 pm

I only listened to Yield after having watched Single Video Theory about a dozen times, so the studio versions of these songs sounded very weird to me. Especially the chorus to "Faithfull".

Tue February 06, 2018 10:23 pm

I remember watching SVT after listening to the album a million times and thinking... man, I hope they never try to play No Way live. Ed can't sing that for shit.

Tue February 06, 2018 11:39 pm

swan wrote:Was just listening to the reissued vinyl, and was really bummed not to hear Hummus at the very end. I forget, was it on the original pressing?

Can anyone with the original vinyl answer this one for me?

Wed February 07, 2018 12:58 am

Speaking of "No Way"

"Let's call it an angle??

Or let's call it an engine ??

Sounds like a primitive engine sound playing in the background to me during the bridge
Last edited by Got Some on Wed February 07, 2018 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed February 07, 2018 1:24 am

swan wrote:
swan wrote:Was just listening to the reissued vinyl, and was really bummed not to hear Hummus at the very end. I forget, was it on the original pressing?

Can anyone with the original vinyl answer this one for me?

Nope

Wed February 07, 2018 1:28 am

All this ‘‘member the first time I heard this’ crap is just reinforcing how completely old you all are and worse, how this is pearl jams last truly great record.

You just haven’t realised yet.

If someone doesnt merge this thread with the inevitable 50th anniversary Thread, it’ll be a loss for comedy.

Wed February 07, 2018 2:21 am

dimejinky99 wrote:All this ‘‘member the first time I heard this’ crap is just reinforcing how completely old you all are and worse, how this is pearl jams last truly great record.

If someone doesnt merge this thread with the inevitable 50th anniversary Thread, it’ll be a loss for comedy.

Binaural was their last truly great album. Also, your mom is old.

Wed February 07, 2018 2:22 am

dimejinky99 wrote:All this ‘‘member the first time I heard this’ crap is just reinforcing how completely old you all are

I was 11 when Yield came out you jerk

Edit: actually, I was 10!!!
Last edited by Jorge on Wed February 07, 2018 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed February 07, 2018 2:50 am

StonyGold wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:All this ‘‘member the first time I heard this’ crap is just reinforcing how completely old you all are and worse, how this is pearl jams last truly great record.

Binaural was their last truly great album. Also, your mom is old.

*High five*

Wed February 07, 2018 3:44 am

theplatypus wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:All this ‘‘member the first time I heard this’ crap is just reinforcing how completely old you all are

I was 11 when Yield came out you jerk

Edit: actually, I was 10!!!

But you're old at heart.

Wed February 03, 2021 1:26 pm

23 years ago today. Share your memories here.

Wed February 03, 2021 1:45 pm

I almost bought the Give Way boot because they had similar covers. I then got Yield as a gift from my grandma, who past away last year.

Wed February 03, 2021 1:50 pm

I was working the retail floor of a photo/camera store. The rock radio station was debuting the album one evening, a new track every 15 minutes or so. The photo tech would wave me back into the lab so I could hear a new song on her crappy boom box over the loud hum of the photo machine. I may as well been listening through a tin can pressed to a wall.

I have no memory of actually getting the album. I’m sure it was day one and I know that I loved it.
Post a reply