The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Rate Present Tense
5 stars 67%  67%  [ 39 ]
4 stars 22%  22%  [ 13 ]
3 stars 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
2 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 star 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 58
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Present Tense
PostPosted: Sun February 15, 2015 5:04 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

It's "all mum fucking tour" guys.

PostPosted: Sun February 15, 2015 4:50 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Mon February 16, 2015 4:58 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

:facepalm:

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:11 pm 
Future Drummer

This song is very cool but I have problems with the lyrics in the chorus...sometimes Ed tries too hard to be poetic, other times not hard enough. "You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets. Or you can come to terms and realize, you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself" is somehow embarrassingly literal. Like its just dumb lyrics, its too straightforward. I wish there was some different line here...to really make the song perfect. Because the melody and guitar is awesome

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:15 pm 
Future Drummer

Also Id really like them to re-record this one somehow if only Ed could sing well still.

Live this song is a WHOLE different beast, one of the only songs much better live, especially the ending. I would love to hear a more updated take on the epic ending of the song, which is underwhelming on the record after you hear it live

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:17 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

:shake: :lol:
jeezus

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:35 pm 
Major Dude

mikejasond wrote:
This song is very cool but I have problems with the lyrics in the chorus...sometimes Ed tries too hard to be poetic, other times not hard enough. "You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets. Or you can come to terms and realize, you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself" is somehow embarrassingly literal. Like its just dumb lyrics, its too straightforward. I wish there was some different line here...to really make the song perfect. Because the melody and guitar is awesome

Ok, let's hear YOUR lyrics to it. You don't like what the creator of the song has written, you do better.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:38 pm 
Major Dude

And for the record, this isn't one of my favorites, but I like it ok. It just gets my goat when people say lyrics are stupid or dumb. Do the lyrics convey what the songwriter is trying to put out there? We're not the writers of the songs. If all they want to sing is "bunghole, bunghole, ass" throughout the song, who gives a shit? That's what they wrote. Unless you can do better, shut up.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:39 pm 
Major Dude

I seem to be very confrontational today.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:39 pm 
Production Police

wease wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

Ok, let's hear YOUR lyrics to it. You don't like what the creator of the song has written, you do better.

Don't do it MJD, it's a trap!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:42 pm 
Poster of the Year

wease wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

What a bullshit argument.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:43 pm 
Production Police

cutuphalfdead wrote:
wease wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

Ok, let's hear YOUR argument, Chud!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:52 pm 
The Master

The lyrics mjd quoted are probably my favorite lyrics in this song.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:59 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

They're kinda the whole point of the song.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:00 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Same here. I like all the lyrics of this song. Except for when Ed has to curse when playing live

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:02 pm 
Rank This Poster

I agree with him; those lyrics are fairly drippy. The strength and power of the song overall kinda negates whatever ill feelings I may have towards them. That song, for me, is primarily about the music, melody and sound of the studio recording.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:15 pm 
Major Dude

cutuphalfdead wrote:
wease wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

Why is it bullshit? Just because you don't lyrics to a particular song, that doesn't automatically mean they are bad. If the lyricist wanted different words to be there, they would've written them. You don't have to like it, but to say they're bad is left only to the songwriter. We can only like them or not.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:16 pm 
Major Dude

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Same here. I like all the lyrics of this song. Except for when Ed has to curse when playing live

Yeah, what does "all-enfucking" even mean?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:18 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

wease wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
wease wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

Why is it bullshit? Just because you don't lyrics to a particular song, that doesn't automatically mean they are bad. If the lyricist wanted different words to be there, they would've written them. You don't have to like it, but to say they're bad is left only to the songwriter. We can only like them or not.

Oh hi hello here we go again

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:12 pm 
Poster of the Year

tragabigzanda wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
wease wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

Ok, let's hear YOUR argument, Chud!

So just because you can't create better art you're not allowed to criticize art you find to be poor? So I should just keep watching shitty tv shows and shut my mouth because I couldn't produce a better one? Or I shouldn't care that a movie sucked because I'm not a director myself?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam