Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Rate Lukin

5 Stars
4
19%
4 Stars
10
48%
3 Stars
7
33%
2 Stars
0
No votes
1 Star
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 21

Song of the Moment: Lukin

Fri December 28, 2012 5:06 pm

old thread archived here

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Fri April 29, 2016 9:44 pm

AJADOSTREEDOFIMAKEETOMAHOHFUIHOH!!!!
OHTAKAWAKOAHCACURMAAFOBEIHDAH!
IMAKARAHIFTERDAAHCHEASTEEKAGREESAYBOH!
STOPADASUPAHMAKOHPEOPOHSTAROAHMADO!!

Im goin to lukins
I got a spot at Lukins
Knock the door at Lukins Open the fridge NOW I KNOW LAHSIWERRRRRR!


Beautiful live lyrics by Eddie Vedder

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Fri April 29, 2016 10:38 pm

I love Lukin. So many stars.

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Sat April 30, 2016 12:26 am

mikejasond wrote:AJADOSTREEDOFIMAKEETOMAHOHFUIHOH!!!!
OHTAKAWAKOAHCACURMAAFOBEIHDAH!
IMAKARAHIFTERDAAHCHEASTEEKAGREESAYBOH!
STOPADASUPAHMAKOHPEOPOHSTAROAHMADO!!

Im goin to lukins
I got a spot at Lukins
Knock the door at Lukins Open the fridge NOW I KNOW LAHSIWERRRRRR!


Beautiful live lyrics by Eddie Vedder


Are you wrong in the head?

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Sat April 30, 2016 2:37 pm

Love it! First heard it on that boot from Australia and it was called 100 Pacer. Jeff and Stone have never played it as well as they did at that show.

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Mon May 23, 2016 7:13 am

Slow or fast, Lukin is fucking perfect. This slow version is fantastic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E_8NixKjSv4
Last edited by PHATJ on Tue July 18, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Tue July 18, 2017 5:45 pm



Ok he's not even trying anymore he's literally just yipping like a dog and going "ASAYANAMAYSAYANAMAYANAMAYANAYA"

(the song starts at like 1:25)

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Tue July 18, 2017 6:02 pm

mjd, have you heard slow Lukin yet?

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Tue July 18, 2017 6:04 pm

I think I heard it once when watching the MSG 2010 boots. But I dont remember it that well it was pretty cool but its not such a great song that it needs to be made better. Like its not exactly lyrically good or anything in my opinion. Im not doubting its better but Im just wondering why bother instead of playing a better song?

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Tue July 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Tue July 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Ive always thought this chorus is insanely cheesy and it gets worse when you slow it down and sing it with so much weight, even if the song sounds nice.

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Tue July 18, 2017 6:07 pm

I DO Think the band should experiment like this more often with other songs

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Tue July 18, 2017 6:07 pm

mikejasond wrote:Ive always thought this chorus is insanely cheesy and it gets worse when you slow it down and sing it with so much weight, even if the song sounds nice.

yeah but Stone wouldn't be able to play that song slow amirite

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Tue July 18, 2017 6:07 pm

No he's probably good at that one because he just has to bang out NANANANANANANANANANANANANANA at the same dynamic every note.

Edit: Oh you said slow. No probably not.

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Tue July 18, 2017 8:19 pm

i know exactly where the first verse of this song takes place. kinda weird, it's the grocery store i go to quite often that ed refers to.

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Tue July 18, 2017 9:20 pm

mikejasond wrote:I think I heard it once when watching the MSG 2010 boots. But I dont remember it that well it was pretty cool but its not such a great song that it needs to be made better. Like its not exactly lyrically good or anything in my opinion. Im not doubting its better but Im just wondering why bother instead of playing a better song?

You're dead to me.

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Fri July 21, 2017 11:26 am

PHATJ wrote:
mikejasond wrote:I think I heard it once when watching the MSG 2010 boots. But I dont remember it that well it was pretty cool but its not such a great song that it needs to be made better. Like its not exactly lyrically good or anything in my opinion. Im not doubting its better but Im just wondering why bother instead of playing a better song?

You're dead to me.


Lukin is a good song lyrically. The lyrics are also amazingly candid given that period in the band and Ed's life. It's a great snapshot of that time.

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Fri July 21, 2017 1:22 pm

mikejasond wrote:No he's probably good at that one because he just has to bang out NANANANANANANANANANANANANANA at the same dynamic every note.

Edit: Oh you said slow. No probably not.

:lol:

MJD is just the best. He's who I'd be if I was just a little more fearless and gave a few less fucks.

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Fri July 21, 2017 2:15 pm

Stip you are my favorite poster

Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin

Fri July 21, 2017 2:19 pm

mjd, were you aware of the Chris Cornell song tournament going on in the Other Bands forum?
Post a reply