The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
bodysnatcher wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I care about this band deeply. Always have. I'm all in. For life.


that's how cult leaders develop, joey

Here, drink this.

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I care about this band deeply. Always have. I'm all in. For life.


What if they did an album with St. Vincent? Would you explode?

Yes. Yes, I would literally explode.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10286
Location: Mizzou
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I care about this band deeply. Always have. I'm all in. For life.


What if they did an album with St. Vincent? Would you explode?

Yes. Yes, I would literally explode.


RM would shut down in remembrance.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 05, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 70
Location: San Francisco, CA
KurtLeon wrote:
tyweed wrote:
Allow Stone to have more creative influence and songwriting responsibilities.

Well get lots of Supersonics, Let The Record play and Amongst The Waves.



tyweed wrote:
Get Josh Homme to produce the next record.

But I'm up for that.


Re: Stone -- He's due for a corker.

Re: Homme -- Thanks. Ed can't push him around.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I care about this band deeply. Always have. I'm all in. For life.


What if they did an album with St. Vincent? Would you explode?

Yes. Yes, I would literally explode.


RM would shut down in remembrance.

I doubt it. But I'm sure Dev would make a poll.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 10798
Generate a feeling as though there’s some kind of compelling creative purpose for the band to exist.

Tough ask, I know.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10286
Location: Mizzou
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I care about this band deeply. Always have. I'm all in. For life.


What if they did an album with St. Vincent? Would you explode?

Yes. Yes, I would literally explode.


RM would shut down in remembrance.

I doubt it. But I'm sure Dev would make a poll.


I didn't say for good Joey. At least for a couple hours though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I care about this band deeply. Always have. I'm all in. For life.


What if they did an album with St. Vincent? Would you explode?

Yes. Yes, I would literally explode.


RM would shut down in remembrance.

I doubt it. But I'm sure Dev would make a poll.


I didn't say for good Joey. At least for a couple hours though.

Please set up a memorial account in my honor.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10286
Location: Mizzou
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I care about this band deeply. Always have. I'm all in. For life.


What if they did an album with St. Vincent? Would you explode?

Yes. Yes, I would literally explode.


RM would shut down in remembrance.

I doubt it. But I'm sure Dev would make a poll.


I didn't say for good Joey. At least for a couple hours though.

Please set up a memorial account in my honor.


It will feature nothing but artistic/contemplative portraits of you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I care about this band deeply. Always have. I'm all in. For life.


What if they did an album with St. Vincent? Would you explode?

Yes. Yes, I would literally explode.


RM would shut down in remembrance.

I doubt it. But I'm sure Dev would make a poll.


I didn't say for good Joey. At least for a couple hours though.

Please set up a memorial account in my honor.


It will feature nothing but artistic/contemplative portraits of you.

I accept these terms.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:23 am
Posts: 1888
Location: The In Between
I never left. I owe them my life - not in the literal I would have killed myself way. But they helped shape my identity in high school, they were the reason I got into music beyond top 40 radio, they are the cause of a couple really important friendships, and many of my most dear memories involve listening to their records or attending their shows.

All that said, a great record. Not a last great record. They can follow it with more mediocre records so long as they're accompanied by intermittent tours. I'd just like one more great collection of songs that all sound critical to the larger work. With the passing of Chris and the state of the country, now seems like the perfect time. I just don't think they like each other enough to put the time in the same room together to get it right.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13332
Location: Seattle, WA
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I care about this band deeply. Always have. I'm all in. For life.


What if they did an album with St. Vincent? Would you explode?

Yes. Yes, I would literally explode.


RM would shut down in remembrance.

I doubt it. But I'm sure Dev would make a poll.


I didn't say for good Joey. At least for a couple hours though.

Please set up a memorial account in my honor.


It will feature nothing but artistic/contemplative portraits of you.

I accept these terms.


Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 10286
Location: Mizzou
daft twat wrote:
I never left. I owe them my life - not in the literal I would have killed myself way. But they helped shape my identity in high school, they were the reason I got into music beyond top 40 radio, they are the cause of a couple really important friendships, and many of my most dear memories involve listening to their records or attending their shows.

All that said, a great record. Not a last great record. They can follow it with more mediocre records so long as they're accompanied by intermittent tours. I'd just like one more great collection of songs that all sound critical to the larger work. With the passing of Chris and the state of the country, now seems like the perfect time. I just don't think they like each other enough to put the time in the same room together to get it right.


Well said. I think they have another great record in them. The question is, do they want to put in the work necessary to make said record.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 11:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 56152
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
You guuuuys!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 12:11 am
Posts: 1302
Location: The 216
Make a good album again, like even King Animal or The Devil Put the Dinosaurs Here level would be satisfying.

Also stop fanboying out about the whack ass Chicago Cubs.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 11:22 pm 
Online
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3388
Location: Oslo, Norway
darth_vedder wrote:
I just want one last really strong album. I know that is subjective as hell, so I guess what I mean by that is an album that calls upon No Code / Binaural / Riot Act a bit more, and stretches the music in cool sonic directions. I like "calm chaos", Sonic Youth is good at that stuff (see "Rain on Tin"), and I like the wall of sound I hear in "Help Help".

Stuff like that tickles my fancy and I'd like to see PJ make progressions towards that. We have seen glimpses as with "Help Help" or the jam at the end of "Present Tense", or the slow tension of a song like "Can't Keep" and in "Insignificance". I think there is more room for them to explore that sound, and I'd like for them to go down that road again but make it new, not "Present Tense pt 2 that isn't quite as good".


Or another way of saying it, they need to put a little bit of fixin' on it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu March 21, 2013 1:08 am
Posts: 1657
Location: Pennsyltucky
"Hey guys, we're working on a new album but this one is going to be vastly different than anything we've ever done in the past. No pre-written material this time. Hell, not even using a producer either. Instead, we're renting a cabin in the woods out on the Olympic Peninsula for a month. We're just gonna jam, have fun, party hard, hang out and see what we come up with. No studio trickery. The best of the raw takes will be released as is. If Eddie comes up with some lyrics on the spot, that's great, otherwise expect a lot of experimental jams. Wish us luck. We're hoping it doesn't suck but we'll release something even if we don't feel it's up to par with our recent output. Take care, see you in a few months."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 11:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 4215
Do another album wih Neil Young. Then tour with him.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Wed November 29, 2017 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13604
Location: Lft Craquepeau
Swap all of their roles.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Can PJ Do to Bring You Back?
PostPosted: Thu November 30, 2017 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13332
Location: Seattle, WA
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Swap all of their roles.


now that Ed has the short hair, Stone has the long hair, and Stone is singing on the latest track ("Obey the Law of the Heart"), you might be onto something here


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun December 17, 2017 3:50 pm