The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 2:49 pm 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 9:02 am
Posts: 370
Location: Netherlands
Somehow I think there's a good chance that Stone is doing lead vocals here...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Mon November 13, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 13200
Imagine writing a song and calling it Obey the Law of the Heart

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Mon November 13, 2017 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
McParadigm wrote:
Imagine writing a song and calling it Mind Your Manners

Ftfy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Mon November 13, 2017 2:43 pm 
Online
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45180
McParadigm wrote:
Imagine writing a song and calling it Obey the Law of the Heart

Right? Why are more people not upset or at least confused by this? It is an AWFUL title.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Mon November 13, 2017 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13333
Location: Seattle, WA
is that their longest song title since Small Town?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Mon November 13, 2017 5:48 pm 
Online
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45180
bodysnatcher wrote:
is that their longest song title since Small Town?

foxymop...

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Mon November 13, 2017 5:52 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2671
tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Imagine writing a song and calling it Rock Around Barrack

Ftfy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Mon November 13, 2017 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13333
Location: Seattle, WA
i guess i should have asked "is this the most words in a song title since Small Town"?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Mon November 13, 2017 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 1:56 am
Posts: 13200
Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
McParadigm wrote:
Imagine writing a song and calling it Rock Around Barrack

Ftfy

My point certainly wasn't "imagine using a title that stupid." If it was just stupid, it would fit right in.

_________________
Cell Phone Songs



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Mon November 13, 2017 6:06 pm 
Online
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45180
bodysnatcher wrote:
i guess i should have asked "is this the most words in a song title since Small Town"?

idk

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Mon November 13, 2017 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13333
Location: Seattle, WA
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
i guess i should have asked "is this the most words in a song title since Small Town"?

idk


dammit ruddo figure it out!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 2:25 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 2671
interestingly this movie has been released in several markets already. I guess the song isn't actually in it or we would probably have heard some of it by now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 9:34 pm
Posts: 1562
Imagine writing a song and calling it Love Reing Oe'r

This is a stupid argument.

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
Someone ban KurtLeon please


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Posts: 5817
Love Boat Captain


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3402
Location: Oslo, Norway
EJ wrote:
Love Boat Captain


Not as bad as Rock Around Barack, but of the serious top contender PJ songs, then LBC is up there for weird names. I think it's underrated here at RM, but the name could have been better.

Look forward to hearing OTLOTH. Wonder who wrote the lyrics. Probably Stone since it only says that he wrote the song.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Tue November 14, 2017 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 9:34 pm
Posts: 1562
Anders wrote:
EJ wrote:
Love Boat Captain


Not as bad as Rock Around Barack, but of the serious top contender PJ songs, then LBC is up there for weird names. I think it's underrated here at RM, but the name could have been better.

Look forward to hearing OTLOTH. Wonder who wrote the lyrics. Probably Stone since it only says that he wrote the song.

Rank PJ Songs with weird names.

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
Someone ban KurtLeon please


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 2:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 12:11 am
Posts: 1303
Location: The 216
KurtLeon wrote:
Anders wrote:
EJ wrote:
Love Boat Captain


Not as bad as Rock Around Barack, but of the serious top contender PJ songs, then LBC is up there for weird names. I think it's underrated here at RM, but the name could have been better.

Look forward to hearing OTLOTH. Wonder who wrote the lyrics. Probably Stone since it only says that he wrote the song.

Rank PJ Songs with weird names.


Love Boat Captain
Bu$hleaguer
Aye Danavita
Pry, To
(Red Dot)
Stupid Mop
Rock Around Barack Obama
This song, which will assuredly suck


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 2:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31486
Location: this field intentionally left blank
"Obey the Law of the Heart" is a much, much, much, much, much, much stupider title than "Love Reign O'er Me"

_________________
BurtReynolds wrote:
If earth were a sphere, it would be impossible for any of us to stay grounded.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 2:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Pretty sure Pat Benetar had a late period album called Obey the Law of the Heart.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart
PostPosted: Fri November 17, 2017 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 1940
evenslow wrote:
Pretty sure Pat Benetar had a late period album called Obey the Law of the Heart.


I was thinking Bonnie Tyler.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cundall23, E.H. Ruddock and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon December 18, 2017 1:26 am