Switch to full style
When a band is but a fraction of Pearl Jam, but they aren't zero Pearl Jam.
Post a reply

Re: New Song: Obey the Law of the Heart

Thu November 30, 2017 7:15 pm

I'm much less pessimistic than your average RMer and even i think that's garbage.

Thu November 30, 2017 7:16 pm

It's... weird, I don't really hate it I'll just wait for a better version

Thu November 30, 2017 7:17 pm

Strat wrote:Well it did turn a little strange from people not being impressed by what theyve heard so far to being called bigots

I'm curious, there was an absurd bigoted "Vindaloo" comment made pages ago, did that strike you as a 'turn that was a little strange'? Didn't seem to bother some the same way my comments might..... peeps be all rubbed the wrong way when I comment on not wanting to really be challenged enough. "Vindaloo .... eh i'll just let that one go, but dammit if someone says I don't wanna be challenged!"
Last edited by Tuolumne on Thu November 30, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu November 30, 2017 7:20 pm

Tuolumne wrote:
Strat wrote:Well it did turn a little strange from people not being impressed by what theyve heard so far to being called bigots

I'm curious, there was an absurd bigoted "Vindaloo" comment made pages ago, did that strike you as a 'turn that was a little strange'? Didn't seem to bother some the same way my comments might..... peeps be all rubbed the wrong way when I comment on not wanting to really be challenged enough.

I haven't read it but to extrapolate thatto now anyone that has said they dont enjoy it is bigoted is rather emotional.

Thu November 30, 2017 7:21 pm

Strat wrote:
Tuolumne wrote:

I'm curious, there was an absurd bigoted "Vindaloo" comment made pages ago, did that strike you as a 'turn that was a little strange'? Didn't seem to bother some the same way my comments might..... peeps be all rubbed the wrong way when I comment on not wanting to really be challenged enough.

I haven't read it but to extrapolate thatto now anyone that has said they dont enjoy it is bigoted is rather emotional.

You said that ... I sure as heck didn't. Reread.

Thu November 30, 2017 7:22 pm

Also, i think generally speaking, most people here right now would rather hear more stone gossard solo albums than PJ records.

Not me, i want it all.

Thu November 30, 2017 7:23 pm

Tuolumne wrote:
Strat wrote:
Tuolumne wrote:

You said that ... I sure as heck didn't. Reread.

Yo insinuated that more people are upset at you than him for making such a comment.

Thu November 30, 2017 7:25 pm

I feel like we are talking about three different things

- Can we say the song is good from hearing a low-quality recording of a little piece of it?

- Does the RM hivemind actually want PJ to try new things (and is this immediately invalidated because we don't like a new thing they tried)?

- Is RM racist?

Thu November 30, 2017 7:29 pm

I will admit to being puzzled as to why the "vindaloo" comment is supposed to be bigoted. I thought it was a play on the fact that the movie was called "Basmati Blues". Isn't chicken vindaloo often paired with basmati rice?

Thu November 30, 2017 7:32 pm

theplatypus wrote:

- Can we say the song is good from hearing a low-quality recording of a little piece of it?

- Does the RM hivemind actually want PJ to try new things (and is this immediately invalidated because we don't like a new thing they tried)?

- Is RM racist?

1) maybe
2) no
3) only a couple

Thu November 30, 2017 7:40 pm

Strat wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

- Is RM racist?

1) maybe
2) no
3) only a couple

1) Absolutely not
2) Yes in this case cause the song is a bad recording at best
3) A couple that fall on the "actively bigoted" scale, with a whole lot of well-meaning others being totally and completely and disappointingly clueless.

Thu November 30, 2017 7:43 pm

Tuolumne is like a random poster from some normal message board/comments section who has been transplanted to RM without any grasp on its personality

Thu November 30, 2017 7:46 pm

theplatypus wrote:I will admit to being puzzled as to why the "vindaloo" comment is supposed to be bigoted. I thought it was a play on the fact that the movie was called "Basmati Blues". Isn't chicken vindaloo often paired with basmati rice?

You're just gonna have to figure this one out by yourself.

Thu November 30, 2017 7:55 pm

I don't know about all the bigoted comments, I must have missed them.

But even with a "crappy" recording, I can tell I don't like the tone of the song, and I'm generally not a fan of Stone on vocals. If you want to translate that to I hate everything new PJ does no matter what, that is your right. But you'd be wrong. Newer PJ just hasn't done it for me, and it has nothing to do with wanting them to sound like "old" PJ. Just the stuff they try hasn't tickled my fancy. I'm not sure why you can't understand that. Other artists that I've liked for long periods of time have put out new stuff completely different from what made them popular to me, and I love it. Like Beck, for example. So please don't assume what you think you know about me and my tastes for Pearl Jam.

Thu November 30, 2017 7:58 pm

Tuolumne wrote:
theplatypus wrote:I will admit to being puzzled as to why the "vindaloo" comment is supposed to be bigoted. I thought it was a play on the fact that the movie was called "Basmati Blues". Isn't chicken vindaloo often paired with basmati rice?

You're just gonna have to figure this one out by yourself.

Nah I'm good

Thu November 30, 2017 8:13 pm

the song sucks. vindaloo sucks

Thu November 30, 2017 8:20 pm

Tuolumne you rule man.

Dont listen to these guys...they hated No Code when it came out and now they praise it. They will praise this song in ten years.

Thu November 30, 2017 8:22 pm

*Pearl Jam records an entire album consisting of a recording of Ed passing a kidney stone*

*Red Mosquito rightfully mocks it for being terrible*

Tuolumne: DDIDN'T YOU GUYS SAY YOU WANT THEM TO TRY SOMETHIGN NEW'?????!¿¿??

VinylGuy: Tuolumne you rule man!

Thu November 30, 2017 8:23 pm

fuck yeah.

Thu November 30, 2017 8:24 pm

Still waiting for someone to capture just that gimp grunting at :37. That's the best part of the song.
Post a reply