The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2114
First find the best live version of every song they've ever done

And then have the live versions face off


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 8881
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
The "worst of" is so RM. Love it.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 8:56 pm 
Online
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7643
Location: Not NYC
Worst Of for each album would be hilarious.

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13312
Location: Seattle, WA
i would have no idea how Backspacer or Lightning Bolt would turn out. it's a crapshoot rapture!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
PHATJ wrote:
Worst Of for each album would be hilarious.

I think it'd be pretty predictable up through Binaural, and then it would start to get ugly.

Ten: Even Flow
Vs: Rats or Leash probably
Vitalogy: Stupidmop (which I do love)
No Code: I'm Open
Yield: The Color Red (which I love)
Binauraul: Soon Forget
Riot Act: Anyone's guess
S/T: Anyone's guess
Backspacer: Anyone's guess
Lightning Bolt: Anyone's guess


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
Of course there are differing opinions on the first several albums, but I really think this particular tournament would only be funny and interesting with the last few records.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Stone's Bitch
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 5816
Location: unnamed mental hospital
Personally think a worst-of would run out of steam pretty fast but I'm the worst.

_________________
Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
Well fuckhead,


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2114
tragabigzanda wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Worst Of for each album would be hilarious.

I think it'd be pretty predictable up through Binaural, and then it would start to get ugly.

Ten: Even Flow
Vs: Rats or Leash probably
Vitalogy: Stupidmop (which I do love)
No Code: I'm Open
Yield: The Color Red (which I love)
Binauraul: Soon Forget
Riot Act: Anyone's guess
S/T: Anyone's guess
Backspacer: Anyone's guess
Lightning Bolt: Anyone's guess


Even Flow as worst?? You guys are insane. Even Flow is one of their best creations ever before Matt Cameron ruined it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
mikejasond wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
Worst Of for each album would be hilarious.

I think it'd be pretty predictable up through Binaural, and then it would start to get ugly.

Ten: Even Flow
Vs: Rats or Leash probably
Vitalogy: Stupidmop (which I do love)
No Code: I'm Open
Yield: The Color Red (which I love)
Binauraul: Soon Forget
Riot Act: Anyone's guess
S/T: Anyone's guess
Backspacer: Anyone's guess
Lightning Bolt: Anyone's guess


Even Flow as worst?? You guys are insane. Even Flow is one of their best creations ever before Matt Cameron ruined it


There are a couple that could take it for Ten, but my point is just that there would be very little debate throughout the first six records.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 26, 2013 12:34 am
Posts: 3738
Location: Chile
I really love the Worst Song idea.

_________________
LuNY wrote:
I am not racist but why the fuck are black people so violent?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 26, 2013 12:34 am
Posts: 3738
Location: Chile
cutuphalfdead wrote:
We've done a worst of tournament before. The way to do it and not make it boring is to eliminate the songs most likely to win (barack around the clock, pry to, etc) so the last few rounds are fun and hard to vote on.

To do this, I'd advocate going back to a previous best of tournament and eliminate all songs that didn't survive the first round, and then find out what is the worst of the remaining songs.

I support this

_________________
LuNY wrote:
I am not racist but why the fuck are black people so violent?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 5304
bodysnatcher wrote:
i would have no idea how Backspacer or Lightning Bolt would turn out. it's a crapshoot rapture!

:lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 17407
Location: Hunter
durdencommatyler wrote:
I could get in on a "worst of." That could be fun. Or maybe throw in the core band's solo albums (Bayleaf, Into the Wild, Tone, etc) and see if any of those can stand with the big boys? I don't know.

Just do the one where In My Tree finally wins.

Most overrated PJ song comp.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 5304
LetMeSleep wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I could get in on a "worst of." That could be fun. Or maybe throw in the core band's solo albums (Bayleaf, Into the Wild, Tone, etc) and see if any of those can stand with the big boys? I don't know.

Just do the one where In My Tree finally wins.

Most overrated PJ song comp.

:gomez:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2114
LetMeSleep wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I could get in on a "worst of." That could be fun. Or maybe throw in the core band's solo albums (Bayleaf, Into the Wild, Tone, etc) and see if any of those can stand with the big boys? I don't know.

Just do the one where In My Tree finally wins.

Most overrated PJ song comp.


Yes!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:33 pm 
Online
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7643
Location: Not NYC
darth_vedder wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
I could get in on a "worst of." That could be fun. Or maybe throw in the core band's solo albums (Bayleaf, Into the Wild, Tone, etc) and see if any of those can stand with the big boys? I don't know.

Just do the one where In My Tree finally wins.

Most overrated PJ song comp.

:gomez:

:lol:

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45090
Oh man, mjd is going to hate March madness

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 5304
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Oh man, mjd is going to hate March madness


I'll support a Riot Act song winning. Let's make Get Right win!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:41 pm 
Online
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7643
Location: Not NYC
Get Right shreds.

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: march madness 2018 ideas
PostPosted: Thu November 09, 2017 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 5304
PHATJ wrote:
Get Right shreds.


It does. I'm a big fan of the handclaps too.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Monkey_Driven and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed December 13, 2017 4:45 pm