The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ed takes a knee
PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 5:39 am 
Broken Tamborine

Simple Torture wrote:
LuNY wrote:
I enjoy the freedom of indifference from topical trendy issues.

I found the whitest post on RM; what do I win?

You win nothing, I am actually part of the 4th largest ethnic group in America. I don't care about trashy issues that stupid people get themselves caught up in. Ed taking a knee is his choice, I was merely pointing out that those actions can divide people further when someone like him can bring people closer together no matter their beliefs, the power of awesome music which PJ live is.

PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 6:57 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 12:31 pm 
AnalLog

yay identity politics

--

hey foxymophandlemama.. that's knee

PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 12:32 pm 
The Master

WONT SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE DIVISION

PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 1:51 pm 
Stone's Bitch

guys don't say anything borderline controversial you might offend someone somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 2:34 pm 
The Master

Message boarding was really supposed to bring us together :(

PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 6:59 pm 
A Return To Form

LuNY wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
LuNY wrote:

You win nothing, I am actually part of the 4th largest ethnic group in America. I don't care about trashy issues that stupid people get themselves caught up in. Ed taking a knee is his choice, I was merely pointing out that those actions can divide people further when someone like him can bring people closer together no matter their beliefs, the power of awesome music which PJ live is.

As it's been clearly pointed out on this thread, the NFL "take a knee" protest is in no way a protest of the American flag. It's meant to call attention to racial injustice, police brutality, and inequality.

It's beyond me that you would label these as "trashy" and "trendy" topics.

PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 7:00 pm 
A Return To Form

McParadigm wrote:
tyweed wrote:
LuNY wrote:
Freedom of expression, although I think entertainers/performers should not alienate people and get political, they should bring people together, but he has the right, and this is Ed Vedder so I'm not surprised, but what is the knee about now? Police brutality? Anti military? Anti Trump? Just being pissed off about any injustice?

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/05d9f03e-ce9 ... er%2c.html

"although I think entertainers/performers should not alienate people and get political"

Why?

Touché. Hardly an entertainer though, but I get your point.

PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 3:39 am 
Broken Tamborine

tyweed wrote:
LuNY wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
LuNY wrote:

As it's been clearly pointed out on this thread, the NFL "take a knee" protest is in no way a protest of the American flag. It's meant to call attention to racial injustice, police brutality, and inequality.

I did not say anything about the flag. These topics are trendy, yet are tired and recycled nonsense. It is 2017 racial injustice??? That is vague, do you mean white towards blacks? Or blacks towards whites? Or Chinese towards Indian? We had a black president for 8 years, this racial injustice is not real, there are cultural problems in the US that say stop a manager at Dunkin Donuts to hire the guy with his pants down around his ankles with a blunt behind his ear. Police brutality? Hmmmmmmm, it happens, but often it is because people are not obeying an officers commands and have a gun on them, or are under the influence of drugs and alcohol. More whites are killed by cops than blacks. Inequality????? Stop assuming such negative bullshit. Old recycled bleeding heart bullshit. It is trash to go around thinking people are being racist about everything. Sure racism exists here and there, but people behaving like stereotypes SURE HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. Cultural issues exist, why are there so many of the black youth dropping out of high school? Because of racism? Black on black crime? Look at Chicago, why is this happening? because of "whitey"?

PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 3:41 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

LuNY wrote:
I am actually part of the 4th largest ethnic group in America.

Which one is it, out of curiosity?

I googled it and I get "Irish"

PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 3:43 am 
Stone's Bitch

For the record, I mean Chinese toward Indian.

PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 3:45 am 
Stone's Bitch

And, Chicago: happening because of whitey.

PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 3:48 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

LuNY wrote:
tyweed wrote:
LuNY wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
LuNY wrote:

I did not say anything about the flag. These topics are trendy, yet are tired and recycled nonsense. It is 2017 racial injustice??? That is vague, do you mean white towards blacks? Or blacks towards whites? Or Chinese towards Indian? We had a black president for 8 years, this racial injustice is not real, there are cultural problems in the US that say stop a manager at Dunkin Donuts to hire the guy with his pants down around his ankles with a blunt behind his ear. Police brutality? Hmmmmmmm, it happens, but often it is because people are not obeying an officers commands and have a gun on them, or are under the influence of drugs and alcohol. More whites are killed by cops than blacks. Inequality????? Stop assuming such negative bullshit. Old recycled bleeding heart bullshit. It is trash to go around thinking people are being racist about everything. Sure racism exists here and there, but people behaving like stereotypes SURE HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. Cultural issues exist, why are there so many of the black youth dropping out of high school? Because of racism? Black on black crime? Look at Chicago, why is this happening? because of "whitey"?

Broken iris you need to stop forgetting your passwords and creating new accounts man

PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 3:49 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

theplatypus wrote:
LuNY wrote:
tyweed wrote:
LuNY wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
LuNY wrote:

Broken iris you need to stop forgetting your passwords and creating new accounts man

lol

PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 3:50 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

I am just flabbergasted that someone considers racism a "trendy" topic in the United States of America.

PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 4:13 am 
Broken Tamborine

Simple Torture wrote:
I am just flabbergasted that someone considers racism a "trendy" topic in the United States of America.

Because it is!!!! It is 2017, get over it! Do you see me talking about Northern Africans enslaving Europeans long ago? It's over, nobody alive is a slave owner and nobody alive is a slave, if you work hard and dedicate yourself you will succeed in America, the media has made race issues a MASSIVE TREND as of late. And idiots play along.

"The media controls the mind"- Jim Morrison

Fuck all that shit, treat people good, and stop whining!!!!

PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 4:21 am 
The Master

PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 4:53 am 
Technical Overlord

I apologize for everything.

PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 5:38 am 
Future Drummer

Man, that Luny is really a...

WTF?! WHITEY?!?! :wave:

PostPosted: Thu September 28, 2017 5:46 am 
The Master

:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam