The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rate Who You Are
5 stars 40%  40%  [ 22 ]
4 stars 44%  44%  [ 24 ]
3 stars 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
2 stars 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
1 star 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 55
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Who You Are
PostPosted: Wed February 18, 2015 1:55 am 
tl;dr

Moline was fine. He tripped over the words a couple times but never totally blanked, and the band didn't miss a note.

PostPosted: Wed February 18, 2015 6:07 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Kevin Davis wrote:
Moline was fine. He tripped over the words a couple times but never totally blanked, and the band didn't miss a note.

My gripe is that the guitar portion that Ed plays was lower (volume wise) or perhaps taken over by Stone. It's one song where I prefer that Ed plays guitar, but I think lately it's hit or miss with how much he plays on this songs vs. 90s live performances.

By the way, now that I have challenged Kevin Davis, I expect to be fully wrong as his music acumen is about ten stories higher than mine :D

PostPosted: Wed February 18, 2015 6:57 pm 
tl;dr

Ha -- I don't think I even realized that Ed played on that song.

PostPosted: Wed February 18, 2015 7:56 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Kevin Davis wrote:
Ha -- I don't think I even realized that Ed played on that song.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 10:07 pm 
Future Drummer

I like this one. I'd love a whole album like this...I know this album comes close to being like this at points, but I would like to hear more. Folk Pearl Jam could be really cool. I like how the song builds up as it goes on. Cool drums and I like those cowbell hits and guitar chords. I can see why this is the song that kind of killed their popularity because it was so NOT like Pearl Jam up to this point but I think it's good. I guess the other flaw is its not good ENOUGH to carry things as a single since its not all THAT original or groundbreaking but I think it sounds cool. I like it.

It'd be cool to hear this one live.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 10:13 pm 
Production Police

mikejasond wrote:
I like this one. I'd love a whole album like this...I know this album comes close to being like this at points, but I would like to hear more. Folk Pearl Jam could be really cool. I like how the song builds up as it goes on. Cool drums and I like those cowbell hits and guitar chords. I can see why this is the song that kind of killed their popularity because it was so NOT like Pearl Jam up to this point but I think it's good. I guess the other flaw is its not good ENOUGH to carry things as a single since its not all THAT original or groundbreaking but I think it sounds cool. I like it.

The problem with the "folk pearl jam" idea is that there are at least two approaches: the Who You Are/Off He Goes/Lowlight approach that works so well; and the modern Just Breathe/The End/Skipping approach in which Ed is trying to be Cat Stevens. I've longed for a folk PJ album for a long time, and now I'm scared that I just may get it someday.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 10:14 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

The problem with the "folk pearl jam" idea is that there are at least two approaches: the Who You Are/Off He Goes/Lowlight approach that works so well; and the modern Just Breathe/The End/Skipping approach in which Ed is trying to be Cat Stevens. I've longed for a folk PJ album for a long time, and now I'm scared that I just may get it someday.

All of these suck

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 10:15 pm 
Production Police

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

All of these suck

[Chud response]

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 10:16 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Off He Goes doesn't suck.

(You stay out of this, stip.)

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 10:17 pm 
Future Drummer

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

All of these suck

I love Who You Are, Off He Goes, and Lowlight...

yes a whole album of songs like that would be amazing

Though I can see criticism on some of Off He Goes lyrics I overall like it a lot.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 10:18 pm 
The Master

Yuck

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 10:24 pm 
Future Drummer

tragabigzanda wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

A folk album would be a train wreck with the way Ed currently sings. It would play to exactly zero strengths they have as a band and/or individuals.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 10:25 pm 
Production Police

surfndestroy wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

A folk album would be a train wreck with the way Ed currently sings. It would play to exactly zero strengths they have as a band and/or individuals.

ITW is about as close as we're ever gonna get to a really good folk PJ album.

PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 10:30 pm 
The Master

Good

PostPosted: Sat April 30, 2016 2:51 am 
Rank This Poster

Who You Are, Off He Goes and especially, ESPECIALLY Low Light are fucking wonderful.

Last edited by chewm on Sat April 30, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat April 30, 2016 3:36 am 
The Master

You would think so

PostPosted: Sat April 30, 2016 10:51 am 
The worst

I like who you are as much as the next guy

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sat April 30, 2016 10:51 am 
The worst

Unless I'm posting after LV, I guess

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sat April 30, 2016 2:36 pm 
Major Dude

Hate this song. From the moment I first heard it on the single. Don't like the guitars and especially don't like the lyrics. The whole idea of the song seems forced and not pulled off well. The drum pattern is the only thing I like about it. So, for that, it's one notch above NaiS.

PostPosted: Sat April 30, 2016 5:25 pm 
The worst

LV and Wease, then

He/Him/His

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam