The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Rate Lukin
5 Stars 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
4 Stars 45%  45%  [ 9 ]
3 Stars 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
2 Stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 Star 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 20
Author Message
 Post subject: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Fri December 28, 2012 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 29471
old thread archived here

_________________
*Led Zeppelin Mega Tournament: Click here*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2115
AJADOSTREEDOFIMAKEETOMAHOHFUIHOH!!!!
OHTAKAWAKOAHCACURMAAFOBEIHDAH!
IMAKARAHIFTERDAAHCHEASTEEKAGREESAYBOH!
STOPADASUPAHMAKOHPEOPOHSTAROAHMADO!!

Im goin to lukins
I got a spot at Lukins
Knock the door at Lukins Open the fridge NOW I KNOW LAHSIWERRRRRR!


Beautiful live lyrics by Eddie Vedder


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Fri April 29, 2016 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7647
Location: Not NYC
I love Lukin. So many stars.

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Sat April 30, 2016 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:31 am
Posts: 595
mikejasond wrote:
AJADOSTREEDOFIMAKEETOMAHOHFUIHOH!!!!
OHTAKAWAKOAHCACURMAAFOBEIHDAH!
IMAKARAHIFTERDAAHCHEASTEEKAGREESAYBOH!
STOPADASUPAHMAKOHPEOPOHSTAROAHMADO!!

Im goin to lukins
I got a spot at Lukins
Knock the door at Lukins Open the fridge NOW I KNOW LAHSIWERRRRRR!


Beautiful live lyrics by Eddie Vedder


Are you wrong in the head?

_________________
In coral and grey, in submarine chambers

stip wrote:
I wanted to punch you in your god's dice loving balls for not loving lightning bolt.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Sat April 30, 2016 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 9012
Location: Alive in the Superunknown
Love it! First heard it on that boot from Australia and it was called 100 Pacer. Jeff and Stone have never played it as well as they did at that show.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7647
Location: Not NYC
Slow or fast, Lukin is fucking perfect. This slow version is fantastic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E_8NixKjSv4

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Last edited by PHATJ on Tue July 18, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2115


Ok he's not even trying anymore he's literally just yipping like a dog and going "ASAYANAMAYSAYANAMAYANAMAYANAYA"

(the song starts at like 1:25)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45110
mjd, have you heard slow Lukin yet?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2115
I think I heard it once when watching the MSG 2010 boots. But I dont remember it that well it was pretty cool but its not such a great song that it needs to be made better. Like its not exactly lyrically good or anything in my opinion. Im not doubting its better but Im just wondering why bother instead of playing a better song?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45110

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2115
Ive always thought this chorus is insanely cheesy and it gets worse when you slow it down and sing it with so much weight, even if the song sounds nice.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2115
I DO Think the band should experiment like this more often with other songs


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45110
mikejasond wrote:
Ive always thought this chorus is insanely cheesy and it gets worse when you slow it down and sing it with so much weight, even if the song sounds nice.

yeah but Stone wouldn't be able to play that song slow amirite

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2115
No he's probably good at that one because he just has to bang out NANANANANANANANANANANANANANA at the same dynamic every note.

Edit: Oh you said slow. No probably not.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13314
Location: Seattle, WA
i know exactly where the first verse of this song takes place. kinda weird, it's the grocery store i go to quite often that ed refers to.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Tue July 18, 2017 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 2:02 am
Posts: 7647
Location: Not NYC
mikejasond wrote:
I think I heard it once when watching the MSG 2010 boots. But I dont remember it that well it was pretty cool but its not such a great song that it needs to be made better. Like its not exactly lyrically good or anything in my opinion. Im not doubting its better but Im just wondering why bother instead of playing a better song?

You're dead to me.

_________________
I'm just here for the tacos and beer.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Fri July 21, 2017 11:26 am 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 2:22 pm
Posts: 22
PHATJ wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
I think I heard it once when watching the MSG 2010 boots. But I dont remember it that well it was pretty cool but its not such a great song that it needs to be made better. Like its not exactly lyrically good or anything in my opinion. Im not doubting its better but Im just wondering why bother instead of playing a better song?

You're dead to me.


Lukin is a good song lyrically. The lyrics are also amazingly candid given that period in the band and Ed's life. It's a great snapshot of that time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Fri July 21, 2017 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The worst
 Profile

Joined: Thu December 13, 2012 6:31 pm
Posts: 29471
mikejasond wrote:
No he's probably good at that one because he just has to bang out NANANANANANANANANANANANANANA at the same dynamic every note.

Edit: Oh you said slow. No probably not.

:lol:

MJD is just the best. He's who I'd be if I was just a little more fearless and gave a few less fucks.

_________________
*Led Zeppelin Mega Tournament: Click here*


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Fri July 21, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2115
Stip you are my favorite poster


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: Lukin
PostPosted: Fri July 21, 2017 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 45110
mjd, were you aware of the Chris Cornell song tournament going on in the Other Bands forum?

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu December 14, 2017 12:37 am