1%
2 Stars
3%
1 Star
No votes

Total votes : 71

Re: Song of the Moment: Hail Hail

Thu April 28, 2016 7:48 am

Hail Hail is great but accusing someone of not liking it because it's "too difficult" is stupid. Hail, Hail isn't a difficult song.

Thu April 28, 2016 7:58 am

There isn't one song in their catalogue difficult enough for this to be a reason for someone not liking it.

Fri April 29, 2016 12:31 am

Mike wrote:Hail Hail is great but accusing someone of not liking it because it's "too difficult" is stupid. Hail, Hail isn't a difficult song.

That's what makes it so insulting.

Fri April 29, 2016 1:00 am

Mike wrote:Hail Hail is great but accusing someone of not liking it because it's "too difficult" is stupid. Hail, Hail isn't a difficult song.

Nothing gets past you.

Wed January 24, 2018 9:19 pm

Go to 12:05

I cannot believe this is Cameron. He was so much better when he started and he gets so much worse by even the end of this EXACT SAME YEAR its incredible. Maybe even the next month???

This is a GOOD Hail Hail

Wed January 24, 2018 9:22 pm

Literally every song Im listening to on this video is the best Ive ever heard Matt Cameron play that song

OMG that Go after Hail, Hail!!!!!

Thu January 25, 2018 1:36 am

5 stars. The Letterman version. :heartbeat:

Fri January 26, 2018 10:12 pm

When No Code came out this was the only song that felt like it could have fit in on their first three albums. One of favorites and I love how it is usually played early in the main set as a pace setter. A solid, above average rocker in their catalog.

Sat January 27, 2018 12:42 pm

I love this song, mainly because for me the chord changes are illogical..they were and are still and that's what makes this song unique for me. Plus its a love song.

I remember when Live on Two Legs came out this was the first song where I went "…hey the drums on this aren't right…" thus signalling the commencement of the next PJ era (which for me ended with Jack's departure even though many feel that the remainder of the 98 tour is still the same era).

Cool song and I find myself regularly going to it (live or studio) - turned up loud!!

Thu February 01, 2018 11:19 pm

Probably the finest pure rock song pearl jam ever made. They can’t even screw it up live. It’s just amazing. Always will be.

Fri February 02, 2018 12:59 am

Such a cool rock song...yeah, around the time No Code came out, Hail Hail was the one i thought well this is PJ...but it was also different...I remember how low eds voice was in the mix compared with the previous albums..that shocked me.

Fri February 02, 2018 3:49 am

Hail, Hail is one of the most satisfying rockers in their catalog. And like mentioned before that Letterman performance was wonderful. A new PJ and it felt quite a revelation that they weren't all overwrought but delivering a performance with good energy with an uplifting vibe.

Fri February 02, 2018 4:14 am

Is Jack dragging a bit in that performance? It kind of sounds like it

Fri February 02, 2018 8:18 pm

theplatypus wrote:Is Jack dragging a bit in that performance? It kind of sounds like it

Jack is as Jack does.

Fri February 02, 2018 11:04 pm

Least matt never screwed this song up by speeding it up.

Sat February 03, 2018 9:24 pm

The Letterman performance represented the peak of my fandom.

Sat February 03, 2018 11:03 pm

Coach wrote:The Letterman performance represented the peak of my fandom.

I was 10.

Sun February 04, 2018 1:53 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:

I was 10.

Yikes, I was 19 in 1996. Taped the Letterman appearance on VHS and wore it out in college. My roommates were probably sick of hearing it, but even the non PJ fans appreciated the song.

Mon February 05, 2018 4:16 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:

I was 10.

I was 7, almost 8.

Sat October 23, 2021 3:49 am

Are you woman enough to be my man? bandaged hand in hand?

Fuck. That's a good line. Maybe one of ed's best.

Damn.
Post a reply