Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Crown of Thorns

Thu August 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Somebody needs to make a covers section and make topics for all of PJ's frequent covers. There's a topic for every album song, but their live standards deserve topics too.

ANYWAYS.

I hate this song.

Ive been to 5 PJ concerts and have gotten Chloe/Crown of Thorns twice. I should probably feel blessed but I do not. I like Chloe but Crown of Thorns is supposed to be this epic song and it does absolutely NOTHING for me. I hate it when it comes up live. I just hate it. It is one of my absolute least favorites.

Re: Crown of Thorns

Thu August 10, 2017 10:06 pm

How's stone's guitar playing on it?

Thu August 10, 2017 11:27 pm

Boom just thumps on keys da da da.

Now Bo'B has feel and grace on the keys.

Fri August 11, 2017 1:55 am

mikejasond wrote:Somebody needs to make a covers section and make topics for all of PJ's frequent covers. There's a topic for every album song, but their live standards deserve topics too.

ANYWAYS.

I hate this song.

Ive been to 5 PJ concerts and have gotten Chloe/Crown of Thorns twice. I should probably feel blessed but I do not. I like Chloe but Crown of Thorns is supposed to be this epic song and it does absolutely NOTHING for me. I hate it when it comes up live. I just hate it. It is one of my absolute least favorites.

You do realize the sentimental significance though, right? Right?

Fri August 11, 2017 4:22 am

the chloe part is godawful.

Fri August 11, 2017 5:40 am

MLB's Chloe/Crown is wonderful. I've always liked PJ's rendition and the sentimental value is substantial. Ed has always tried to pay due respect to the song and its writer and I'm sure it is one of the more meaningful songs (to them) that they perform. 3.5 or 4 stars.

Fri August 11, 2017 10:09 am

PHATJ wrote:MLB's Chloe/Crown is wonderful. I've always liked PJ's rendition and the sentimental value is substantial. Ed has always tried to pay due respect to the song and its writer and I'm sure it is one of the more meaningful songs (to them) that they perform. 3.5 or 4 stars.

Agreed. :thumbsup:

Fri August 11, 2017 11:02 am

Anders wrote:
PHATJ wrote:MLB's Chloe/Crown is wonderful. I've always liked PJ's rendition and the sentimental value is substantial. Ed has always tried to pay due respect to the song and its writer and I'm sure it is one of the more meaningful songs (to them) that they perform. 3.5 or 4 stars.

Sat August 12, 2017 6:10 am

stip wrote:
Anders wrote:

I wish it was only done once.

Wed August 16, 2017 12:02 am

LetMeSleep wrote:
stip wrote:
Anders wrote:

Nah, it's a cool tribute. I'm glad they play it occasionally.

Wed August 16, 2017 12:15 am

PHATJ wrote:
LetMeSleep wrote:
stip wrote:
Anders wrote:

Nah, it's a cool tribute. I'm glad they play it occasionally.

Ditto.

Wed August 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Love Crown of Thorns. When they belted it out at Reading it was pretty exciting.

Wed August 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Wish Ed wouldn't sing Chloe in his falsetto, but otherwise this is usually a great live tune. Minus Boom's organ solo of course.

Thu August 17, 2017 4:06 am

Of course. Obviously.
Post a reply