The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 3:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
"You kids quit having fun with the word filter!"
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 27216
Location: don't PM me I don't have anything
(the half about Evacuation)

_________________
tragabigzanda wrote:
Stop it, this is pissing me off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 3:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46622
Location: Sector 7-G
I see him half full of shit.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 3:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46622
Location: Sector 7-G
I'll get my coat.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 4:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 28891
Location: Anywhere mediocrity is celebrated.
The Argonaut wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
1. Anti-Trump song
2. Bowie Tribute
3. Song about getting old
4. Song about his kids
5. Chester Bennington Tribute
6. Song about his kids getting old
7. Song about Records
8. Bold but disastrous experiment
9. Anti-Trump song Reprise
10. Cornell Tribute

Where are all the songs about how he loves his wife?

His silence is deafening.

_________________
dev wrote:
Love pans out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 5:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13012
Location: Seattle, WA
I heard that when they were recording Lightning Bolt, Ed was talking to Jill on the phone from the studio one night, and when she asked how it was going, he told her he had just written a great song called "Future Waves". But she misunderstood him and thought he said "Future Days". When she said, "Oh honey, that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard," Ed realized what happened and found himself in a corner. He had to rewrite the song to match "Future Days" and make it sound like something sweet.

"Future Waves" is supposed to be on the next album.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 5:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed July 03, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 13370
Location: Lft Craquepeau
That sounds horrific, 'snatch.

_________________
Rangi Guy wrote:
So skating back to the train station after work today things went wrong.....now my skateboard is at the bottom of the harbour :(


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 5:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 13012
Location: Seattle, WA
just what i heard


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 10, 2013 7:30 pm
Posts: 456
Location: Omaha
Again you are wrong. Evacuation is a steaming pile of garbage. And even that is being nice.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2032
This is a lie, where are all the songs about nature and his surfboard?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 4:54 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Mon June 06, 2016 3:36 pm
Posts: 29
I heard a rumor that Stone died shortly after the spring tour of 1994 and was replaced by a lookalike. I couldn't get too much info out of my source, but something along the lines of Dave A knew too much hence why the fake Stone fired him. This is also why Eddie took over main songwriting duties and finished up Vitalogy that summer/fall. Also if you compare Stone 94 to Stone 95, you can see a difference in the way he dresses, hairstyles, etc, particularly the new Stone adapted this weird duck walk, duck face, and head bob he still does today. I'm not one for conspiracies but this one is pretty convincing

Anyways, supposedly the new album has a hidden track where Eddie plays a kazoo to the tune of Blood with some random Ed mumbling, but when played backwards you can hear him say "Stone is dead, yes, and you?" Can someone confirm?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri March 31, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 642
Location: In The Crevasse
PearlJames wrote:
I heard a rumor that Stone died shortly after the spring tour of 1994 and was replaced by a lookalike. I couldn't get too much info out of my source, but something along the lines of Dave A knew too much hence why the fake Stone fired him. This is also why Eddie took over main songwriting duties and finished up Vitalogy that summer/fall. Also if you compare Stone 94 to Stone 95, you can see a difference in the way he dresses, hairstyles, etc, particularly the new Stone adapted this weird duck walk, duck face, and head bob he still does today. I'm not one for conspiracies but this one is pretty convincing

Anyways, supposedly the new album has a hidden track where Eddie plays a kazoo to the tune of Blood with some random Ed mumbling, but when played backwards you can hear him say "Stone is dead, yes, and you?" Can someone confirm?


Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46622
Location: Sector 7-G
TremorJam wrote:
PearlJames wrote:
I heard a rumor that Stone died shortly after the spring tour of 1994 and was replaced by a lookalike. I couldn't get too much info out of my source, but something along the lines of Dave A knew too much hence why the fake Stone fired him. This is also why Eddie took over main songwriting duties and finished up Vitalogy that summer/fall. Also if you compare Stone 94 to Stone 95, you can see a difference in the way he dresses, hairstyles, etc, particularly the new Stone adapted this weird duck walk, duck face, and head bob he still does today. I'm not one for conspiracies but this one is pretty convincing

Anyways, supposedly the new album has a hidden track where Eddie plays a kazoo to the tune of Blood with some random Ed mumbling, but when played backwards you can hear him say "Stone is dead, yes, and you?" Can someone confirm?


Image

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 9:34 pm
Posts: 1542
Evacuation is horrible, and that's coming from a guy whose favorite album is Binaural.

_________________
bodysnatcher wrote:
Someone ban KurtLeon please


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3267
Location: Oslo, Norway


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3267
Location: Oslo, Norway
It would have dominated on Lightning Bolt.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46622
Location: Sector 7-G
Anders wrote:
It would have dominated on Lightning Bolt.

E-VUH HACK - YOOO - HAAAYYYY SHUN


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 6:28 pm 
Online
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 7776
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Anders wrote:
1. Golden ticket
2. Have you ever caught your penis in a zipper?
3. Can't be that stupid
4. Dick in the white house
5. The man that followed you until the end of time
6. Sick woman in the hospital eating chicken wings
7. Grandfather's sorrow
8. Taste of Mexico
9. Somehow you came back

10. Wyatt
11. Where are you now?
12. No! No! No!
13. Afraid of the past
14. Family man
15. Never my president
16. All i want
17. Red harvest
18. You will always be our brother


Still no Navy Bean? Maybe that's coming on this year's Fan Club single.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 10, 2013 7:30 pm
Posts: 456
Location: Omaha
PearlJames wrote:
I heard a rumor that Stone died shortly after the spring tour of 1994 and was replaced by a lookalike. I couldn't get too much info out of my source, but something along the lines of Dave A knew too much hence why the fake Stone fired him. This is also why Eddie took over main songwriting duties and finished up Vitalogy that summer/fall. Also if you compare Stone 94 to Stone 95, you can see a difference in the way he dresses, hairstyles, etc, particularly the new Stone adapted this weird duck walk, duck face, and head bob he still does today. I'm not one for conspiracies but this one is pretty convincing

Anyways, supposedly the new album has a hidden track where Eddie plays a kazoo to the tune of Blood with some random Ed mumbling, but when played backwards you can hear him say "Stone is dead, yes, and you?" Can someone confirm?


I think someone is pulling your leg.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 3267
Location: Oslo, Norway
B wrote:
Anders wrote:
1. Golden ticket
2. Have you ever caught your penis in a zipper?
3. Can't be that stupid
4. Dick in the white house
5. The man that followed you until the end of time
6. Sick woman in the hospital eating chicken wings
7. Grandfather's sorrow
8. Taste of Mexico
9. Somehow you came back

10. Wyatt
11. Where are you now?
12. No! No! No!
13. Afraid of the past
14. Family man
15. Never my president
16. All i want
17. Red harvest
18. You will always be our brother


Still no Navy Bean? Maybe that's coming on this year's Fan Club single.


Not unless Taste Of Mexico is the same song. Lots of stuff about beans there.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: I've heard the new PJ album, ask me anything
PostPosted: Thu August 03, 2017 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 10, 2013 7:30 pm
Posts: 456
Location: Omaha
Anders wrote:
B wrote:
Anders wrote:
1. Golden ticket
2. Have you ever caught your penis in a zipper?
3. Can't be that stupid
4. Dick in the white house
5. The man that followed you until the end of time
6. Sick woman in the hospital eating chicken wings
7. Grandfather's sorrow
8. Taste of Mexico
9. Somehow you came back

10. Wyatt
11. Where are you now?
12. No! No! No!
13. Afraid of the past
14. Family man
15. Never my president
16. All i want
17. Red harvest
18. You will always be our brother


Still no Navy Bean? Maybe that's coming on this year's Fan Club single.


Not unless Taste Of Mexico is the same song. Lots of stuff about beans there.



The only beans are those you are full of. Nonsense.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu November 23, 2017 8:06 pm