Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Let's Play Two: Live from Wrigley Field

Fri October 27, 2017 6:45 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Why do I remember everyone being all down on this thing when it first came out? Did I imagine that? I feel like I'm losing my mind.

I think everyone just thought the concept sucked...but those who got to see it were for the most part pleasantly surprised.

There was one review in particular by a gal who caught an advanced screening that made it sound horrible. Once people on RM started seeing it, I think everyone was pleasantly surprised.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. I feel better now.

Fri October 27, 2017 6:51 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:Why do I remember everyone being all down on this thing when it first came out? Did I imagine that? I feel like I'm losing my mind.

I think everyone just thought the concept sucked...but those who got to see it were for the most part pleasantly surprised.

There was one review in particular by a gal who caught an advanced screening that made it sound horrible. Once people on RM started seeing it, I think everyone was pleasantly surprised.

Was that the one that was like "it focuses on my dad, whom is best dad"?

Fri October 27, 2017 6:54 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:

yeah. who is her dad in the film?

Fri October 27, 2017 6:56 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:

Probably the guy who got Release dedicated to him?

Fri October 27, 2017 7:04 pm

that guy looked like he released during Release

Fri October 27, 2017 10:15 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:It's weird that there's a new Pearl Jam thing out there that I don't own and haven't actively tried to own.

Exactly. Things have changed.

Fri October 27, 2017 10:46 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Yeah, I'm also happy for those who've enjoyed it, and I can appreciate that they tried to do something different from a conventional concert film. But I think I've been pretty firmly in PJ fatigue mode since LB came out.

that's almost a decade of fatigue!

Actually, this movie rekindled my interest in PJ. Though I still think baseball is boring as fuck.

Fri October 27, 2017 10:51 pm

Bi_3 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:Yeah, I'm also happy for those who've enjoyed it, and I can appreciate that they tried to do something different from a conventional concert film. But I think I've been pretty firmly in PJ fatigue mode since LB came out.

that's almost a decade of fatigue!

Actually, this movie rekindled my interest in PJ. Though I still think baseball is boring as fuck.

Agreed kind of. Definitely made me want to see them play live again.

Sun October 29, 2017 1:30 pm

im picking my way through the soundtrack, and everything Ive heard so far sounds quite
good. Why doesnt he sing more in the the release register? thats still really powerful

Sun October 29, 2017 3:08 pm

yeah i agree. His baritone is fuckin awesome.

Seems there is going to be another screening of the movie, ill be there.

Mon October 30, 2017 2:41 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Thurman Murman wrote:

Probably the guy who got Release dedicated to him?

Nah, there was this guy from Australia who said it was his 28th show or something and he'd traveled all around the world to see them, pretty sure that was him. He got 15 seconds of screen time tops. No idea what movie that chick saw but it wasn't the same one I saw.

Fucking Jamily man. :shake:

Sat November 04, 2017 11:35 pm

listening to this while doing chores, that damn release dedication got to me again.

Sat November 04, 2017 11:37 pm

I can't believe i still have yet to see this.

Sat November 04, 2017 11:42 pm

it’s pretty good, strat

Sat November 04, 2017 11:45 pm

Its not in any theater anywhere close to me and i didnt catch it on Fox Sports so i am out of options i guess!

Sun November 05, 2017 1:18 pm

If only they'd put this out on DVD and Blu-ray. :cry:

Mon November 06, 2017 7:24 pm

B wrote:If only they'd put this out on DVD and Blu-ray. :cry:

they won't?

Mon November 06, 2017 8:05 pm

Boots from these two shows debut on Sirius XM this week. Can't wait to listed to them in 128 kbps!

Mon November 06, 2017 8:12 pm

https://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Jam-Lets-Play-Blu-ray/dp/B075ZH5JF8/

Mon November 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Whoosh.
Post a reply