Switch to full style
General Pearl Jam discussion.
Post a reply

Re: Let's Play Two: Live from Wrigley Field

Tue November 07, 2017 9:00 pm

mikejasond wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
mikejasond wrote:"Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising"

^That is not from Wrigley Field. He did not sing that at Wrigley Field. I dunno what its from. But it is not Wrigley Field.

I hate that they do that shit.

Yeah, now I don't trust anything in that movie. If they'd do that, what else would they do? They could have just touched up the entirety of his vocals

that I'm fine with. the cut and paste stuff should never be done.

Tue November 07, 2017 9:07 pm

i don't see it as that big of a deal. if this was common throughout their entire live catalogue, sure that's questionable. but considering this is a massive live album release and effort that is accompanying a film, and that is available to the general public (not just 10c exclusive)... why not try and put your best foot forward? especially since their last live release (Live on 10 Legs) was kind of a bomb.

we literally have hundreds of other official live releases with all their flubs and rough edges to soothe our anti-revisionist history needs

Tue November 07, 2017 9:17 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:i don't see it as that big of a deal. if this was common throughout their entire live catalogue, sure that's questionable. but considering this is a massive live album release and effort that is accompanying a film, and that is available to the general public (not just 10c exclusive)... why not try and put your best foot forward? especially since their last live release (Live on 10 Legs) was kind of a bomb.

we literally have hundreds of other official live releases with all their flubs and rough edges to soothe our anti-revisionist history needs

This.

Tue November 07, 2017 10:30 pm

stop being so reasonable bodysnatcher.

Tue November 07, 2017 10:33 pm

Or they could have picked another song that they didn’t need to alter.

Tue November 07, 2017 10:34 pm

live albums, while a gift for fans, are also a way to sell future live shows to the buying public. so you gotta sound good!

Tue November 07, 2017 10:50 pm

Bi_3 wrote:Or they could have picked another song that they didn’t need to alter.

Or just leave it in there as is because 1)its an accurate representation of the performance and current day PJ and, 2) I imagine it was quite a lovely moment to be at in person

I dont know why PJ does it but it doesnt bug me for a release like this. The archive release of Boston 94 editing bugged me to no end.

Tue November 07, 2017 11:00 pm

Strat wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:Or they could have picked another song that they didn’t need to alter.

Or just leave it in there as is because 1)its an accurate representation of the performance and current day PJ and, 2) I imagine it was quite a lovely moment to be at in person

I dont know why PJ does it but it doesnt bug me for a release like this. The archive release of Boston 94 editing bugged me to no end.

yeah, archival releases shouldn't be edited. but a compilation like Wrigley, who cares

Tue November 07, 2017 11:49 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
Strat wrote:

yeah, archival releases shouldn't be edited. but a compilation like Wrigley, who cares

That’s fair. I wouldn’t have even known if it wasn’t mentioned here. I guess I’ve always felt like the fuck ups are part of what makes PJ so great live 10 years past their studio prime, they still give off that “let’s have fun and play some rock songs” vibe, a much more natural feeling than a lot of love acts. But your point about targeting non-Jamily folks is well taken

Wed November 08, 2017 8:58 am

Ooooooohhhh Beth
Ooooooohhhh Beth

Wed November 08, 2017 12:57 pm

B wrote:
KurtLeon wrote:
B wrote:If only they'd put this out on DVD and Blu-ray. :cry:

they won't?

Nope. Strat is totally out of options.

This is stupid.

Wed November 08, 2017 3:07 pm

guys, not sure if serious, but it is coming out on blu ray. calm down.

Wed November 08, 2017 4:00 pm

Its just everybody is talking about how amazing Eddie sounded and now Im like 'well who knows how much they edited'

Wed November 08, 2017 4:50 pm

I have 0 problem with that kind of fix-up for a release like this.

Other stuff, like editing the Unplugged album to remove the reference to Beth, just seems ridiculous and even petty

Wed November 08, 2017 5:06 pm

TOM petty.

Wed November 08, 2017 5:14 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:TOM petty.

A Petty theft of a great performance perhaps

Wed November 08, 2017 6:07 pm

what happened?

Wed November 08, 2017 6:11 pm

strat and i just riding around in a pettycab

Wed November 08, 2017 11:11 pm

I changed by not changing at all (we can edit that part later)

Thu November 09, 2017 12:03 am

mikejasond wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
mikejasond wrote:"Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising"

^That is not from Wrigley Field. He did not sing that at Wrigley Field. I dunno what its from. But it is not Wrigley Field.

I hate that they do that shit.

Yeah, now I don't trust anything in that movie.

Kinda makes you wonder if the Cubs even won the Series doesn't it?

Stupid fucking Cubs.
Post a reply