The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Play Two: Live from Wrigley Field
PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 7:34 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

VinylGuy wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
band dynamics need to exist before band dynamics can be filmed

They dont exist ?

Lol.

He needs to actually be in band meetings, band huddles, band kid play dates, band wives outings. If he isn't there, it's all #fakenews.

PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 7:39 pm 

ridleybradout wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
My only complaint is that All The Way is there.

That was the only song that was guaranteed to be on there.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the track list - I Got A Feeling, Black Red Yellow (with Dennis Rodman right?), no Even Flow, no DTE, only 1 LB track (no MYM is a surprise).

I guess I wanna see someone review this for me to want it. There were some pretty huge moments - Masters of War, Inside Job, Just Breathe, Sad, Light Years, Immortality, Throw Your Arms Around Me, Wishlist, Comfortably Numb, Let me Sleep. And frickin Last Kiss united the stadium like nothing I've seen. MYM was great both nights. That cover song before RITFW. Those shows were chalk full of memories for me. But just as much as what went on stage, the atmosphere in the crowd, we stopped the show and did the wave! I def want a souvenir from that night, but I'm guessing the film will be the best thing for it.

PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 8:39 pm 

:finger: getting bottom paged twice in the same thread

PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 8:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BDB wrote:
$33 for vinyl, $30 for shipping :finger: :finger: :finger:

that's horse shit. still trying to figure out if this will be available via Amazon/local retailers.

someone mentioned that it was listed on Amazon UK, but was removed. usually when that happens, it's a sign it will show up there.

PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 9:12 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

CD and Vinyl have to be purchased separately, so I'm down $19 in domestic shipping costs, with a DVD box to go yet. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 9:22 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

CopperTom wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
Then what is even the point of this?

more money

Honestly, they played this well from a business perspective - theatre revenue, DVD revenue, Blu Ray revenue, vinyl soundtrack revenue, CD soundtrack revenue, CD Bootleg revenue and digital Bootleg revenue. They're maximizing.

I feel like DVD and BluRay are one funding stream.

PostPosted: Tue August 22, 2017 9:30 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Tuolumne wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
My only complaint is that All The Way is there.

That was the only song that was guaranteed to be on there.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the track list - I Got A Feeling, Black Red Yellow (with Dennis Rodman right?), no Even Flow, no DTE, only 1 LB track (no MYM is a surprise).

I guess I wanna see someone review this for me to want it. There were some pretty huge moments - Masters of War, Inside Job, Just Breathe, Sad, Light Years, Immortality, Throw Your Arms Around Me, Wishlist, Comfortably Numb, Let me Sleep. And frickin Last Kiss united the stadium like nothing I've seen. MYM was great both nights. That cover song before RITFW. Those shows were chalk full of memories for me. But just as much as what went on stage, the atmosphere in the crowd, we stopped the show and did the wave! I def want a souvenir from that night, but I'm guessing the film will be the best thing for it.

Im expecting some other cool things like Getaway from that weird rooftop session. So im sure they will be more musical moments than just that soundtrack list.

PostPosted: Wed August 23, 2017 2:29 am 

I;m sure alot of people may disagree, but I don't need each song fully played in sequence. I hope Danny Clinch takes artistic license and does his own thing and gets kinda artsy the way he did on the Alive sequence in Immagine in Cornice and some of the little interludes and pieces he did there.

PostPosted: Wed August 23, 2017 2:34 am 
The Master

Tuolumne wrote:
I;m sure alot of people may disagree, but I don't need each song fully played in sequence. I hope Danny Clinch takes artistic license and does his own thing and gets kinda artsy the way he did on the Alive sequence in Immagine in Cornice and some of the little interludes and pieces he did there.

I agree.

PostPosted: Wed August 23, 2017 6:50 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

it is great to see some footage released from this event. i will opt for the official bootlegs. it gives me hope one day 2013 will see the light of day.

i had a great time at the fenway night one screening at house of blues. i will not be in a rush to go out and get this one in particular, but maybe somewhere down the road. i think the last pearl jam video purchase i made was live at the garden. i do not watch a lot of concert dvds as i used to in the past.

PostPosted: Wed August 23, 2017 2:59 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Tuolumne wrote:

I agree.

I think the fact that the film's title is not just "Live at Wrigley Field" may mean it's more of a thematic movie experience with a story line than just a regular ho-hum video of the actual concert. I guess we'll see. Either way, if it gets even close to taking me back to those nights, I'll be happy enough.

PostPosted: Wed August 23, 2017 4:06 pm 
AnalLog

Tuolumne wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Tuolumne wrote:

I agree.

I think the fact that the film's title is not just "Live at Wrigley Field" may mean it's more of a thematic movie experience with a story line than just a regular ho-hum video of the actual concert. I guess we'll see. Either way, if it gets even close to taking me back to those nights, I'll be happy enough.

yea, i get the feeling that this will be like an "immagine in cornice" type of thing.

PostPosted: Wed August 23, 2017 4:10 pm 

if this has footage from Cubs WS win and Eddie celebrating (as the trailer indicates), that will be weird. I want to see footage from the shows, back stage, etc. not something that happened almost 2 months later....and im a cubs fan.

PostPosted: Wed August 23, 2017 4:59 pm 

dprival78 wrote:
Tuolumne wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Tuolumne wrote:

I agree.

yea, i get the feeling that this will be like an "immagine in cornice" type of thing.

The band has plenty of exhaustive and completist things in their catalogue of things with all of the bootlegs and such. Plus, for people that want to bootlegs, they'll be there. I'm tempted to get them, but I find I rarely ever bust my bootlegs out. Just too much. I like concise and fully realized stuff so yeah I'm hoping Danny keeps going with what he was doing on IIC. I'm hoping for even more of that. I've also got a feeling this will be very very baseball heavy.

PostPosted: Wed August 23, 2017 8:34 pm 
mXn

I just hope Danny Clinch understands that if Mike Jasonda walks out of the theater unimpressed, there will be hell to pay.

PostPosted: Wed August 23, 2017 8:49 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

danny is pretty good at capturing the feeling of ed's guitar playing

PostPosted: Wed August 23, 2017 8:50 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bodysnatcher wrote:

How about Stone's?

PostPosted: Wed August 23, 2017 9:00 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Anders wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

How about Stone's?

PostPosted: Wed August 23, 2017 9:22 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BDB wrote:
if this has footage from Cubs WS win and Eddie celebrating (as the trailer indicates), that will be weird. I want to see footage from the shows, back stage, etc. not something that happened almost 2 months later....and im a cubs fan.

this is less of a concert documentary/film and more of a baseball/music collaboration (hence, let's play two). so i won't be surprised to see how much they chronicle ed's relationship to the cubs and the cubs' world series run set to pearl jam music.

PostPosted: Wed August 23, 2017 9:24 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Anders wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

How about Stone's?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 62  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam