The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Play Two: Live from Wrigley Field
PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 12:52 pm 
Stone's Bitch

We should really have a photoshop contest with this picture.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 1:22 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Bi_3 wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Surprised but happy that this thing has gotten perhaps the best reviews on RM since...???

I think the parallels between Ed's lifelong Cubs obsession and most of the people here's PJ obsession resonate really well in the film. Ed filling out the scorecards is like the old spreadsheets we all had of the songs we had heard live and the lists of cassettes in our shoebox collections we could offer on alt.music.pearl-jam. That celebratory moment after the Cubs winning is akin to what a PJ show is now. It's very much a love letter to 'fans'.

Plus Theo is a handsome man.

PS: once you understand thematically it's not a PJ concert film, the song selections make much more sense.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 3:01 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Bi_3 wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Surprised but happy that this thing has gotten perhaps the best reviews on RM since...???

I think the parallels between Ed's lifelong Cubs obsession and most of the people here's PJ obsession resonate really well in the film. Ed filling out the scorecards is like the old spreadsheets we all had of the songs we had heard live and the lists of cassettes in our shoebox collections we could offer on alt.music.pearl-jam. That celebratory moment after the Cubs winning is akin to what a PJ show is now. It's very much a love letter to 'fans'.

PS: once you understand thematically it's not a PJ concert film, the song selections make much more sense.

For me, it was Black and Jeremy that didn't fit the baseball story. There's other songs that could have worked better. But really, what Clinch made here could be essential rock and roll viewing. I don't think anyone has made anything flood this and it feels very essential to what a great American rock band should be. Devotion and resilience as told through 2 of America's pastimes. You woulda thought somebody would have covered this topic for other greats, like when Dylan toured through minor league ballparks or something. Kudos again to Danny Clinch.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 3:02 pm 

Bi_3 wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
evenslow wrote:

For me, it was Black and Jeremy that didn't fit the baseball story. There's other songs that could have worked better. But really, what Clinch made here could be essential rock and roll viewing. I don't think anyone has made anything like this and it feels very essential to what a great American rock band should be. Devotion and resilience as told through 2 of America's pastimes. You woulda thought somebody would have covered this topic for other greats, like when Dylan toured through minor league ballparks or something. Kudos again to Danny Clinch.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 3:06 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Clinch is great. His book is full with awesome pics.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 3:40 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

BootsToAsses wrote:
Tuolumne wrote:
tooch wrote:
Great film...excellent job by danny clinch as usual. SOOOOOOOOOOO much cheesiness by eddie tho its hard to watch at points. I'm a lifelong chicagoan (42 years), and i watched the film with my dad (78 years old, die hard cub fan, WS win was THE highlight of life). He couldn't help but laugh at times and wonder "is this guy for real?". what i would pay to hear what the rest of the band says about eddie behind his back oh my god

Isn't that the ENTIRE point of Eddie Vedder. He's a "cheesy" guy. From Day 1, 1991, you either buy into the hockeyness or you don't. That's sort of the entire proposition behind the man for his whole entire career.

Yeah, we shouldn't be surprised that Ed is cheesy. Even if his moody outward demeanour hid it well for a few years, his lyrics betrayed his true cheesy nature. Look at Leash, for example. Pure cheddar.

Eddie Cheddar

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 3:51 pm 
My recording cut off halfway through Crazy Mary but up to that point I was really enjoying it.

They all seem so happy together, why is it like pulling teeth to get new music out of them?

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 3:51 pm 

bodysnatcher wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
Tuolumne wrote:
tooch wrote:
Great film...excellent job by danny clinch as usual. SOOOOOOOOOOO much cheesiness by eddie tho its hard to watch at points. I'm a lifelong chicagoan (42 years), and i watched the film with my dad (78 years old, die hard cub fan, WS win was THE highlight of life). He couldn't help but laugh at times and wonder "is this guy for real?". what i would pay to hear what the rest of the band says about eddie behind his back oh my god

Isn't that the ENTIRE point of Eddie Vedder. He's a "cheesy" guy. From Day 1, 1991, you either buy into the hockeyness or you don't. That's sort of the entire proposition behind the man for his whole entire career.

Yeah, we shouldn't be surprised that Ed is cheesy. Even if his moody outward demeanour hid it well for a few years, his lyrics betrayed his true cheesy nature. Look at Leash, for example. Pure cheddar.

Eddie Cheddar

Yes, quite :D

I can't believe it has aired twice now in the States and nobody has uploaded it!

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 4:07 pm 
The Master

guestT wrote:
My recording cut off halfway through Crazy Mary but up to that point I was really enjoying it.

They all seem so happy together, why is it like pulling teeth to get new music out of them?

Who the hell knows.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 4:08 pm 
The Master

Monkey_Driven wrote:
guestT wrote:

Who the hell knows.

Kids. Im sure. Kids ruin most peoples life. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 4:20 pm 
The Master

Strat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
guestT wrote:

Who the hell knows.

Probably the right answer here.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 4:29 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I did really enjoy watching this Friday night, but it didn't strike me as anything I would ever feel a desire to watch again.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 4:33 pm 
The Master

mray10 wrote:
I did really enjoy watching this Friday night, but it didn't strike me as anything I would ever feel a desire to watch again.

Same. Then again, I feel that about most movies/TV shows/videos these days.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 5:18 pm 
Poster of the Year

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Strat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
guestT wrote:

Who the hell knows.

I don't know. Most parents still find time to work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 5:37 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Update on the duplicate vinyl sides from Ten Club. Two more emails to Ten Club and no response. I’m just going to return the whole thing and order it from somewhere else. Hope I get refunded, but it would be funny/sad to have them mail me back the records in a million pieces with a sarcastic note.

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 5:38 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

davluvsbeer wrote:
Update on the duplicate vinyl sides from Ten Club. Two more emails to Ten Club and no response. I’m just going to return the whole thing and order it from somewhere else. Hope I get refunded, but it would be funny/sad to have them mail me back the records in a million pieces with a sarcastic note.

yeah fuck that. try to get a refund and just go buy it anywhere else

PostPosted: Mon October 16, 2017 6:26 pm 
The Master

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Strat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
guestT wrote:

Who the hell knows.

I don't know. Most parents still find time to work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Most parents don't make millions when they tour for 4-6 weeks every two years.

PostPosted: Tue October 17, 2017 2:16 pm 

Has anyone spotted an upload anywhere? :(

PostPosted: Tue October 17, 2017 3:42 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

BootsToAsses wrote:
Has anyone spotted an upload anywhere? :(

The soundtrack is out there. The film is not. But it's on Italian tv nightly for a week starting I think next week so it will turn up.

PostPosted: Tue October 17, 2017 3:44 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Yeah, im guessing a torrent of it will appear this week.

I really want to see it again soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 62  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam