The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Play Two: Live from Wrigley Field
PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 4:44 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Monkey_Driven wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
I think i like every phase of PJ.

I had moments were i cant barely listen to those 92 shows...they sounded too desperate and the setlist were too ten oriented obviously. I prefer 1998 or 2005-2006 i guess.

Same, I like some eras more than others, but every one has redeeming qualities.

Me too. I can find awesome and fairly terrible moments from every era. 1995, Ed sounds like trash but there's something powerful about those shows I can't quite explain.

I think 1994, 2000 and 2006 were pretty remarkable where the band was super tight at almost every show. Apart from the band constantly fucking up Small Town at the start of the '06 tour :haha:

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 7:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Missed seeing this in theater, so gonna try and catch it on FS1 tonight. At least I won't have to worry about getting a $25 Lyft ride home.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 7:41 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

bodysnatcher wrote:
Missed seeing this in theater, so gonna try and catch it on FS1 tonight. At least I won't have to worry about getting a $25 Lyft ride home.

Thanks for the reminder, would have missed it.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 7:42 pm 
The Master

Damn, i dont think i get Fox Sports 1 on any of my devices.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 7:46 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Bi_3 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:

Thanks for the reminder, would have missed it.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 8:45 pm 
Future Drummer

You guys were right btw, Inside Job was surprisingly amazing.

Mike was criminally low on the first half. Like oh my god you could barely hear him in lightning bolt and corduroy. Luckily he was turned up for Black. His solo on Black was a total highlight even though they faded away from it early. He just totally killed it. It was phenomenal. Jeff was great too on a couple songs, hes so underrated. Stone even seemed to be better than usual on elderly woman and lowlight.

Also there's some bonus songs too that weren't on the soundtrack. So if you like PJ music there's a lot. Thumbing my Way played on a rooftop acoustic, as well as I Believe in Miracles. The credits had music too in the background. I left early but they were playing Wishlist.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 8:49 pm 
Posting (live)

mikejasond wrote:
You guys were right btw, Inside Job was surprisingly amazing.

Mike was criminally low on the first half. Like oh my god you could barely hear him in lightning bolt and corduroy. Luckily he was turned up for Black. His solo on Black was a total highlight even though they faded away from it early. He just totally killed it. It was phenomenal. Jeff was great too on a couple songs, hes so underrated. Stone even seemed to be better than usual on elderly woman and lowlight.

Also there's some bonus songs too that weren't on the soundtrack. So if you like PJ music there's a lot. Thumbing my Way played on a rooftop acoustic, as well as I Believe in Miracles. The credits had music too in the background. I left early but they were playing Wishlist.

Perfectly understandable.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 9:14 pm 
Future Drummer

I like Wishlist and would have sat through to see if they played any more songs in the credits (And I heard they played MYM after) but my friends aren't really diehards and the movie was frickin long, and I dont even like MYM so I was ok to go.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 9:35 pm 
The Master

Don't forget to set the DVR to record two or three shows after Let's Play Two on the guide because the baseball game will probably be 4+ hours long.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 9:39 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

MJD if I remember correctly, did you get into PJ only a few years ago?

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 9:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
MJD if I remember correctly, did you get into PJ only a few years ago?

seems like a few days ago

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 10:06 pm 
Future Drummer

Yeah, like 2012 I think? I played Guitar Hero 3 in 2007, when I was in 9th grade and heard Even Flow and really liked it. I started to listen to classic rock because of Guitar Hero. So I knew Alive, Black, and Jeremy then. But I only knew those 4. (Ive never even heard Daughter, Betterman, Elderly Woman, Corduroy, on FM radio...only on XM)

Then I heard Backspacer because it was Rock Band DLC and I considered buying it but then I listened to the first song or two and was like WTF IS THIS (having never heard any PJ songs besides from Ten)

Then I listened to Ten in 2012, and then their other albums after.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 10:20 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

mikejasond wrote:
Yeah, like 2012 I think? I played Guitar Hero 3 in 2007, when I was in 9th grade and heard Even Flow and really liked it. I started to listen to classic rock because of Guitar Hero. So I knew Alive, Black, and Jeremy then. But I only knew those 4. (Ive never even heard Daughter, Betterman, Elderly Woman, Corduroy, on FM radio...only on XM)

Then I heard Backspacer because it was Rock Band DLC and I considered buying it but then I listened to the first song or two and was like WTF IS THIS (having never heard any PJ songs besides from Ten)

Then I listened to Ten in 2012, and then their other albums after.

Yeah, so this makes a lot of sense to me. Many of us on this board have been following this band for 20+ years. Over this time, we've been able to witness the gradual maturing, evolving, and ageing of the band. It's been a gradual process, seeing a band age gracefully. We've had our ups and downs, but on a decent time scale.

MJD, you're experiencing these emotions and this process in a compressed amount of time. I hope you'll find acceptance soon enough. While they aren't quite like they used to be when they were young and in their 20's, this band is doing alright while they're hitting their 50's. We're actually pretty lucky these guys are still around and making music, and also a pretty great movie.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 10:23 pm 
Future Drummer

Thats a fair assessment. I did not follow them in the 90s so when I see clips and shows from them it is just shocking how great they were.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 10:32 pm 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

I'm a little sad for you, since you missed what is probably their greatest era. However, I'm also glad to see newer/younger fans come aboard and become passionate about this band.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 10:35 pm 
The Master

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
I'm a little sad for you, since you missed what is probably their greatest era. However, I'm also glad to see newer/younger fans come aboard and become passionate about this band.

Yep.

I stayed up late on school nights watching VHS bootleg tapes of concerts. Many from the euro tour when mtv europe would show them. People would cassette them and trade them. I would fucking eat totino's party pizza till 1 am and watch these shows over and over and over.

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 10:57 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 11:54 pm 
tl;dr

Strat wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

Yep.

I stayed up late on school nights watching VHS bootleg tapes of concerts. Many from the euro tour when mtv europe would show them. People would cassette them and trade them. I would fucking eat totino's party pizza till 1 am and watch these shows over and over and over.

"Yield" came out when I was a freshman in high school. I vividly remember sitting up one night at about 1am, listening to it on loop, drinking a Cherry Coke and eating a pack of off-brand Pop Tarts and thinking, "This is all I will ever need in life."

PostPosted: Fri October 13, 2017 11:55 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Kevin Davis wrote:
Strat wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

Yep.

"Yield" came out when I was a freshman in high school. I vividly remember sitting up one night at about 1am, listening to it on loop, drinking a Cherry Coke and eating a pack of off-brand Pop Tarts and thinking, "This is all I will ever need in life."

:haha:

That's amazing.

PostPosted: Sat October 14, 2017 12:12 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Man I feel old now

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 62  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam