The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Rate My Father's Son
5 Stars 27%  27%  [ 26 ]
4 Stars 44%  44%  [ 43 ]
3 Stars 22%  22%  [ 22 ]
2 Stars 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
1 Star 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 98
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: My Father's Son
PostPosted: Thu February 13, 2014 6:07 pm 
Online
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:13 pm
Posts: 1220
Location: CT
LuNY wrote:
My Father's Son is one of the best tracks on LB. That song has such a great motion to it, Ed's vocals are unique, just fucking great.

"From the volunteer amputee?" Great rasp and delivery on that. I love it like I love Brain of J. Classic Pearl Jam.


Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: My Father's Son
PostPosted: Fri February 14, 2014 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Fri August 09, 2013 4:38 am
Posts: 1776
dprival78 wrote:
LuNY wrote:
My Father's Son is one of the best tracks on LB. That song has such a great motion to it, Ed's vocals are unique, just fucking great.

"From the volunteer amputee?" Great rasp and delivery on that. I love it like I love Brain of J. Classic Pearl Jam.


Image


Seems like a sarcastic picture. But he's right, MFS kicks ass.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: My Father's Son
PostPosted: Fri February 14, 2014 11:08 pm 
Online
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:13 pm
Posts: 1220
Location: CT
Leatherhead wrote:
dprival78 wrote:
LuNY wrote:
My Father's Son is one of the best tracks on LB. That song has such a great motion to it, Ed's vocals are unique, just fucking great.

"From the volunteer amputee?" Great rasp and delivery on that. I love it like I love Brain of J. Classic Pearl Jam.


Image


Seems like a sarcastic picture. But he's right, MFS kicks ass.


not sarcastic, i really dig the song.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: My Father's Son
PostPosted: Fri February 14, 2014 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 10711
Location: Seattle, WA
"My Father's Son" is the "No Way" of this album for me. I'm not saying they are comparable in terms of song quality... but, aside from both being the 3rd song on the album, I really really like both of them, but I need to be in a particular mood to listen to them. Neither are songs that I can just throw on in a mix for background tunes.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: My Father's Son
PostPosted: Sat February 15, 2014 2:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri April 12, 2013 8:12 pm
Posts: 4357
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
bodysnatcher wrote:
"My Father's Son" is the "No Way" of this album for me. I'm not saying they are comparable in terms of song quality... but, aside from both being the 3rd song on the album, I really really like both of them, but I need to be in a particular mood to listen to them. Neither are songs that I can just throw on in a mix for background tunes.

They are nothing alike.

_________________
There's the dog. You can't fake that stuff. Confess with your mouth.
http://www.philscally.com


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: My Father's Son
PostPosted: Sat February 15, 2014 2:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 10711
Location: Seattle, WA
Thejambi wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
"My Father's Son" is the "No Way" of this album for me. I'm not saying they are comparable in terms of song quality... but, aside from both being the 3rd song on the album, I really really like both of them, but I need to be in a particular mood to listen to them. Neither are songs that I can just throw on in a mix for background tunes.

They are nothing alike.


Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: My Father's Son
PostPosted: Sat February 15, 2014 2:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri April 12, 2013 8:12 pm
Posts: 4357
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
bodysnatcher wrote:
Thejambi wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
"My Father's Son" is the "No Way" of this album for me. I'm not saying they are comparable in terms of song quality... but, aside from both being the 3rd song on the album, I really really like both of them, but I need to be in a particular mood to listen to them. Neither are songs that I can just throw on in a mix for background tunes.

They are nothing alike.


Image

I'll take it.

_________________
There's the dog. You can't fake that stuff. Confess with your mouth.
http://www.philscally.com


Top
 
 Post subject: MY FATHER'S SON
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 4590
Location: Jumping off a ledge
So, the radio just played that shitty Heart song, All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You, and I had a thought:

What if Ed's character in My Father's Son was the illegitimate child being created and sung about in the Heart song?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MY FATHER'S SON
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 12652
wease wrote:
So, the radio just played that shitty Heart song, All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You, and I had a thought:

What if Ed's character in My Father's Son was the illegitimate child being created and sung about in the Heart song?

Would that make him Cameron Crowe's kid? 'Coz "I come from a genius" poses some problems.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: My Father's Son
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 40153
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
BUMP

_________________
trolling is fun as hell - spike


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MY FATHER'S SON
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 40153
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
I'm going to go ahead and merge this with the official thread for the song, as found doing a quick search in the PJ chat index thread at the top of the PJ chat page.

_________________
trolling is fun as hell - spike


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: My Father's Son
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 12652
This is the best song on Lightning Bolt.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: My Father's Son
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 06, 2013 2:47 am
Posts: 15051
Location: Hunter
tragabigzanda wrote:
This is the best song on Lightning Bolt.

I'm not sure I even like this song. I have enjoyed it and thought it the best song of the album but the last listen left me cold, colder than Sirens.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MY FATHER'S SON
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 4590
Location: Jumping off a ledge
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and merge this with the official thread for the song, as found doing a quick search in the PJ chat index thread at the top of the PJ chat page.

Stellar work, Ruddo. :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Song of the Moment: My Father's Son
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 4590
Location: Jumping off a ledge
LetMeSleep wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
This is the best song on Lightning Bolt.

I'm not sure I even like this song. I have enjoyed it and thought it the best song of the album but the last listen left me cold, colder than Sirens.

Jesus, nothing can be that cold.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MY FATHER'S SON
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 4590
Location: Jumping off a ledge
tragabigzanda wrote:
wease wrote:
So, the radio just played that shitty Heart song, All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You, and I had a thought:

What if Ed's character in My Father's Son was the illegitimate child being created and sung about in the Heart song?

Would that make him Cameron Crowe's kid? 'Coz "I come from a genius" poses some problems.

No, because she stepped out on him to get knocked up because he was sterile.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MY FATHER'S SON
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 4590
Location: Jumping off a ledge
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
wease wrote:
So, the radio just played that shitty Heart song, All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You, and I had a thought:

What if Ed's character in My Father's Son was the illegitimate child being created and sung about in the Heart song?

Would that make him Cameron Crowe's kid? 'Coz "I come from a genius" poses some problems.

No, because she stepped out on him to get knocked up because he was sterile.

:shock: What if the homeless guy she bones in the song was the homeless guy from Even Flow?!?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MY FATHER'S SON
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 12652
wease wrote:
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
wease wrote:
So, the radio just played that shitty Heart song, All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You, and I had a thought:

What if Ed's character in My Father's Son was the illegitimate child being created and sung about in the Heart song?

Would that make him Cameron Crowe's kid? 'Coz "I come from a genius" poses some problems.

No, because she stepped out on him to get knocked up because he was sterile.

:shock: What if the homeless guy she bones in the song was the homeless guy from Even Flow?!?

:shock: But wait -- Crowe's wife actually cheated on him, or the character in the song cheater on her husband?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MY FATHER'S SON
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 4590
Location: Jumping off a ledge
tragabigzanda wrote:
wease wrote:
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
wease wrote:
So, the radio just played that shitty Heart song, All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You, and I had a thought:

What if Ed's character in My Father's Son was the illegitimate child being created and sung about in the Heart song?

Would that make him Cameron Crowe's kid? 'Coz "I come from a genius" poses some problems.

No, because she stepped out on him to get knocked up because he was sterile.

:shock: What if the homeless guy she bones in the song was the homeless guy from Even Flow?!?

:shock: But wait -- Crowe's wife actually cheated on him, or the character in the song cheater on her husband?

The character in the song cheated on her husband to get pregnant because the husband was shootin' blanks.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: MY FATHER'S SON
PostPosted: Wed January 11, 2017 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 12652
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
wease wrote:
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
wease wrote:
So, the radio just played that shitty Heart song, All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You, and I had a thought:

What if Ed's character in My Father's Son was the illegitimate child being created and sung about in the Heart song?

Would that make him Cameron Crowe's kid? 'Coz "I come from a genius" poses some problems.

No, because she stepped out on him to get knocked up because he was sterile.

:shock: What if the homeless guy she bones in the song was the homeless guy from Even Flow?!?

:shock: But wait -- Crowe's wife actually cheated on him, or the character in the song cheater on her husband?

The character in the song cheated on her husband to get pregnant because the husband was shootin' blanks.

Elizabethtown is possibly the biggest blank ever shot, huzzah!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 662 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat March 25, 2017 2:00 am