The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next

Wreckage (so far)
5 stars 50%  50%  [ 52 ]
4 stars 40%  40%  [ 42 ]
3 stars 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
2 stars 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
1 star 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 105
 Post subject: Re: Wreckage
PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 2:10 pm 
A Return To Form

OMG! The background harmonies are so lush and beautiful in the atmos mix.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 2:30 pm 
She / Her

BoltofLightning wrote:

yup!

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 2:37 pm 
Future Drummer

bluestate wrote:
In the outro, 2nd time through the line when "-age" in Wreckage goes up ... oh yeah, that's it baby

YES

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 3:38 pm 
AnalLog

BoltofLightning wrote:

The way they push out to the sides during the last third of the song is pure magic

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 4:05 pm 
The worst

so theoretically if I wait for the Josh Evans mix this is what i'll be listening to, or is this something separate

Oneway, I know you've explained this to me a dozen times. Get comfortable. There will be morel

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 4:14 pm 
AnalLog

stip wrote:
so theoretically if I wait for the Josh Evans mix this is what i'll be listening to, or is this something separate

Oneway, I know you've explained this to me a dozen times. Get comfortable. There will be morel

I'm here for it, stip.

If you wait for the blu-ray, you're getting exactly the same as the streaming Atmos mix, in higher quality.

You'll need some form of Atmos-capable speakers/soundbar.

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 4:15 pm 
Broken Tamborine

I can't get over how gorgeous this sounds with headphones. The song sounds magnificent.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 4:41 pm 
The worst

oneway23 wrote:
stip wrote:

I'm here for it, stip.

If you wait for the blu-ray, you're getting exactly the same as the streaming Atmos mix, in higher quality.

will it be WORSE if I dont have them?

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 5:04 pm 
AnalLog

stip wrote:
oneway23 wrote:
stip wrote:

I'm here for it, stip.

If you opted for the physical disc, you'll need an atmos set-up to avail yourself of the mix.

I'm not sure you will receive all of the benefit of the atmos mix, in that case.

Remember our PM exchange?

I genuinely think you'd be better served getting a trial for apple music and listening with your airpods.

It won't give you the same experience that a full atmos set-up will, for various technical reasons, but, it gives you what I would still consider to be a wonderful listen that will provide you all of the benefit of Nick Rivas' & Josh Evans' mix, including all of the movement.

I've been listening to it in headphones on Apple Music since last night and it's pretty damned thrilling.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 5:09 pm 
The worst

oneway23 wrote:
stip wrote:
oneway23 wrote:
stip wrote:

I'm here for it, stip.

If you opted for the physical disc, you'll need an atmos set-up to avail yourself of the mix.

I'm not sure you will receive all of the benefit of the atmos mix, in that case.

I genuinely think you'd be better served getting a trial for apple music and listening with your airpods.

It won't give you the same experience that a full atmos set-up will, for various technical reasons, but, it gives you what I would still consider to be a wonderful listen that will provide you all of the benefit of Nick Rivas' & Josh Evans' mix, including all of the movement.

I've been listening to it in headphones on Apple Music since last night and it's pretty damned thrilling.

i have it saved for reference. but if i keep on asking this question eventually someone will tell me what i want to hear!

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 5:10 pm 
AnalLog

stip wrote:
oneway23 wrote:
stip wrote:
oneway23 wrote:
stip wrote:

I'm here for it, stip.

i have it saved for reference. but if i keep on asking this question eventually someone will tell me what i want to hear!

That you are loved? You are!

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 5:41 pm 
The Master

That area of the song from "Holding on....." to "Combing through the Wreckage"....the band is just feeding off eachother and it just natural escalates. like how betterman escalates live.

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 5:53 pm 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:
like how betterman escalates live.

Exactly what was in my mind's eye

PostPosted: Fri April 19, 2024 11:58 pm 
Banned from the Pit

A little underwhelming the first spin, but this gorgeous progression make Ed's inflections sound so natural. Refreshing.

PostPosted: Sat April 20, 2024 12:25 am 
A Return To Form

I'm shocked people are giving this five and four stars.

Sounds like some modern Nashville bullshit to me.

Hopefully, my opinion changes with repeated listens, but this is what I was worried about when I heard Watt was producing this record.

PostPosted: Sat April 20, 2024 12:46 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Are the backing vocals at the end the other members of the band or are they multi-tracks of Ed?

PostPosted: Sat April 20, 2024 12:48 am 
Broken Tamborine

B wrote:
Are the backing vocals at the end the other members of the band or are they multi-tracks of Ed?

Sounds like Ed to me

PostPosted: Sat April 20, 2024 12:57 am 
AnalLog

B wrote:

i swear i'm hearing matt in there

PostPosted: Sat April 20, 2024 4:41 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

The guitars at 3:55 - my goodness, that's so nice

PostPosted: Sat April 20, 2024 5:19 pm 
AnalLog

dprival78 wrote:
B wrote:

i swear i'm hearing matt in there

Felt same

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam