The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 27  Next

Rate Vs.
5 Stars 72%  72%  [ 76 ]
4 Stars 22%  22%  [ 23 ]
3 Stars 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
2 Stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 Star 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 105
 Post subject: Re: Vs: Official Album thread
PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 12:16 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

wish these guys did more interviews of substance / stuff like this

such a good feeling to transport back to this era

Stone is so thoughtful

and you really get how Ed's emotions drive so much of the era

and it's really a f*cking tragedy that they are not on terms with Dave A I mean really cut the f*cking shit and give the guy a telephone call

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 12:27 am 
10Club Complaint Department

96583UP wrote:
and it's really a f*cking tragedy that they are not on terms with Dave A I mean really cut the f*cking shit and give the guy a telephone call

It’s very weird, and reflects poorly on all of them, that they can’t make some kind of peace with the guy.

Like it or not, he’s the iconic Pearl Jam drummer; the guy who was with them at their commercial (and arguably artistic) peak and co-wrote at least one of their most memorable songs.

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 12:28 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

it's just the most un-pearl jam part of pearl jam

this guy was their brother in arms

and now they treat him like trash

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 12:29 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

back to this interview - it's so nice also because it's just very straightforward - they are sitting around talking about the songs. no flashy over productiony new-album-promo-ey vibe to it. like a discreet candid moment in an afternoon on a random day.

this type of authentic dialogue exists and is refreshing but on every other day gets smothered behind their shit twitter account and ten club email blast

i miss hearing from these guys directly, for more than 4 second promo quips

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 12:49 am 
Production Police

96583UP wrote:
back to this interview - it's so nice also because it's just very straightforward - they are sitting around talking about the songs. no flashy over productiony new-album-promo-ey vibe to it. like a discreet candid moment in an afternoon on a random day.

this type of authentic dialogue exists and is refreshing but on every other day gets smothered behind their shit twitter account and ten club email blast

here here

Production Police

hear hear?

Production Police

idgaf

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 1:00 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dave a doesn't get enough credit for his drums on crazy mary

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 1:00 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

he could have made no code

he just needed an eastern opium transformational experience

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 1:35 am 
10Club Complaint Department

96583UP wrote:
dave a doesn't get enough credit for his drums on crazy mary

:nice:

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 1:48 am 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
96583UP wrote:

here here

Yes!

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 4:03 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Birds in Hell wrote:
96583UP wrote:

It’s very weird, and reflects poorly on all of them, that they can’t make some kind of peace with the guy.

Like it or not, he’s the iconic Pearl Jam drummer; the guy who was with them at their commercial (and arguably artistic) peak and co-wrote at least one of their most memorable songs.

I’m not gonna speculate on what the working relationship was with the band and dave. Who the heck knows. It’s PJ National Enquirer. Maybe it’ll come out some day, but I doubt it. Sure it’d be cool if those guys ironed out their quarrels, but if not, who cares. Only 5 dudes out of 7 billion know what the deal was at that time.

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 12:04 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bodysnatcher wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
96583UP wrote:

I’m not gonna speculate on what the working relationship was with the band and dave. Who the heck knows. It’s PJ National Enquirer. Maybe it’ll come out some day, but I doubt it. Sure it’d be cool if those guys ironed out their quarrels, but if not, who cares. Only 5 dudes out of 7 billion know what the deal was at that time.

I thought it was fairly obvious from the stuff that has come out? The guns he bought, Ed's guitar that got ruined, him bragging about fame and money. He fit musically, but not personally. Ed told the band to get rid, and they agreed. Stone as the early leader of the band, took him out for lunch, and told him.

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 12:09 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Dave A was with the band for three years out of 28. In 2020, he will only have been with the band for 1/10th of the time that the band has existed. Yes, the relationship could have been handled a bit more profesionally on both parts for the Hall of Fame, but mostly he's a guy from their past. Like some guy you went to school with for three years in the early 90s, and you didn't even like him that much.

Ament stated, "Dave was a different egg for sure. There were a lot of things, personality wise, where I didn't see eye to eye with him. He was more comfortable being a rock star than the rest of us. Partying, girls, cars. I don't know if anyone was in the same space." Guitarist Stone Gossard said, "It was the nature of how the politics worked in our band: It was up to me to say, 'Hey, we tried, it's not working; time to move on.' On a superficial level, it was a political struggle: For whatever reason his ability to communicate with Ed and Jeff was very stifled. I certainly don't think it was all Dave Abbruzzese's fault that it was stifled."

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 12:30 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

This is the stuff that should have been in (very sanitised album secitions) in the pj20 book ans also they should have done these as extras or something for the pj20 home release.
I mean I liked that movie but
TEN TEN TEN FAMOUS ROSKILDE THE END.

Real missed opportunity. If they’d had stuff like this in there it would have been so much better.

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 2:40 pm 
The Master

Anders wrote:
Dave A was with the band for three years out of 28. In 2020, he will only have been with the band for 1/10th of the time that the band has existed. Yes, the relationship could have been handled a bit more profesionally on both parts for the Hall of Fame, but mostly he's a guy from their past. Like some guy you went to school with for three years in the early 90s, and you didn't even like him that much.

Ament stated, "Dave was a different egg for sure. There were a lot of things, personality wise, where I didn't see eye to eye with him. He was more comfortable being a rock star than the rest of us. Partying, girls, cars. I don't know if anyone was in the same space." Guitarist Stone Gossard said, "It was the nature of how the politics worked in our band: It was up to me to say, 'Hey, we tried, it's not working; time to move on.' On a superficial level, it was a political struggle: For whatever reason his ability to communicate with Ed and Jeff was very stifled. I certainly don't think it was all Dave Abbruzzese's fault that it was stifled."

Pretty much this.

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 4:02 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Stone says ¨Sort of¨ a lot.

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 4:27 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I apparently don’t know enough about this band. I’ll head back to GD

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 5:18 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Yeah the whole Dave thing...im sure Jeff and Ed dont care about talking with him...Mike has said hi to him, Stone always talked about him...its jeff and ed.

PostPosted: Wed October 24, 2018 5:20 pm 
Production Police

i find it weird that you guys are so hung up on getting some sort of public closure with Dave. I agree he's an integral part of their success due to his presence during "the big years," but also what the fuck. Do any of you have any desire to get in touch with someone you had a lot of conflict with in 1994?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 27  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam