The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 36  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Sun August 19, 2018 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51338
Location: Sector 7-G
the answer is clear: stop caring about pearl jam


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Sun August 19, 2018 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 9640
Location: Space City
If Pearl Jam finally decided to play Houston again, I'd go in a heartbeat. If I wasn't a regular on this board, I would be oblivious to everything you all are bitching about. I'd be the guy in the merch line just trying to buy a blue shirt when Thumbing My Way gets played. :haha:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Sun August 19, 2018 8:58 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4405
cutuphalfdead wrote:
the answer is clear: stop caring about pearl jam


Except in the context of a series of concerts played in Mansfield, MA from 15-18 years ago. :arrow:

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Sun August 19, 2018 10:09 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 21790
washing machine wrote:
If Pearl Jam finally decided to play Houston again, I'd go in a heartbeat. If I wasn't a regular on this board, I would be oblivious to everything you all are bitching about. I'd be the guy in the merch line just trying to buy a blue shirt when Thumbing My Way gets played. :haha:



The only time I was ever in Texas was for pj in Dallas and while it was an interesting setlist, pointed lecturing from the stage aside, I wouldn’t be running back to that town for anything.
Bring on Houston or Austin and I’m there.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 13127
Location: Where everybody knows your name
I blame Johnny.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
dimejinky99 wrote:
washing machine wrote:
If Pearl Jam finally decided to play Houston again, I'd go in a heartbeat. If I wasn't a regular on this board, I would be oblivious to everything you all are bitching about. I'd be the guy in the merch line just trying to buy a blue shirt when Thumbing My Way gets played. :haha:



The only time I was ever in Texas was for pj in Dallas and while it was an interesting setlist, pointed lecturing from the stage aside, I wouldn’t be running back to that town for anything.
Bring on Houston or Austin and I’m there.


were you at the Dallas '03 show?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Yeah Yeah Yeah
 Profile

Joined: Thu September 28, 2017 8:58 pm
Posts: 54
Location: Vancouver, WA
stompbox wrote:
I spent about a week in Seattle for the shows. All around town, all week long dorks were out in full force wearing PJ gear. I saw a lot of people busting out their best gears too PJ backpacks, socks, vintage shirts from 1993.... all of it. Usually more than one item PJ hat and shirt at once. My favorites were people who bought merch early in the week, before the shows, and were walking around in their new merch. When two would come across each other:

1- “hey, PJ shirt huh? Are you going to the shows?”
2- “yeah, can’t wait”
1- “ one or both shows?”
2- “both!!!!”
1- “ yeah me too, are you GA?”
2- “ yeah!!!”
1- “me too.... well, have a great show”

Repeat 1000 times. I don’t get it, and quite frankly embarrassed to be in a city with so much culture and so much to do than to spend my entire days talking about PJ and standing out as a tourist. Then I see the Pit has a T-shirt planning thread for Chicago:

https://community.pearljam.com/discussi ... ley#latest

Not to mention all the people that need to wear PJ shirts and gear to the concert.


I drove up for the show Friday, and stayed around Seattle on Saturday. I couldn't believe how many people were wearing PJ shirts/hats.

Even worse was the amount of shirts at the show. The worst were either the personalized Mariners/Cubs jerseys or these things:

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 10:15 pm 
Online
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 14735
Location: Mizzou
50 Million Feet of Earth... wrote:
stompbox wrote:
I spent about a week in Seattle for the shows. All around town, all week long dorks were out in full force wearing PJ gear. I saw a lot of people busting out their best gears too PJ backpacks, socks, vintage shirts from 1993.... all of it. Usually more than one item PJ hat and shirt at once. My favorites were people who bought merch early in the week, before the shows, and were walking around in their new merch. When two would come across each other:

1- “hey, PJ shirt huh? Are you going to the shows?”
2- “yeah, can’t wait”
1- “ one or both shows?”
2- “both!!!!”
1- “ yeah me too, are you GA?”
2- “ yeah!!!”
1- “me too.... well, have a great show”

Repeat 1000 times. I don’t get it, and quite frankly embarrassed to be in a city with so much culture and so much to do than to spend my entire days talking about PJ and standing out as a tourist. Then I see the Pit has a T-shirt planning thread for Chicago:

https://community.pearljam.com/discussi ... ley#latest

Not to mention all the people that need to wear PJ shirts and gear to the concert.


I drove up for the show Friday, and stayed around Seattle on Saturday. I couldn't believe how many people were wearing PJ shirts/hats.

Even worse was the amount of shirts at the show. The worst were either the personalized Mariners/Cubs jerseys or these things:

Image


I saw probably a dozen variations of this shirt around Chicago this weekend. Ugh.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 10:28 pm 
Online
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 21790
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
washing machine wrote:
If Pearl Jam finally decided to play Houston again, I'd go in a heartbeat. If I wasn't a regular on this board, I would be oblivious to everything you all are bitching about. I'd be the guy in the merch line just trying to buy a blue shirt when Thumbing My Way gets played. :haha:



The only time I was ever in Texas was for pj in Dallas and while it was an interesting setlist, pointed lecturing from the stage aside, I wouldn’t be running back to that town for anything.
Bring on Houston or Austin and I’m there.


were you at the Dallas '03 show?



The very one

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Mon August 20, 2018 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
dimejinky99 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
washing machine wrote:
If Pearl Jam finally decided to play Houston again, I'd go in a heartbeat. If I wasn't a regular on this board, I would be oblivious to everything you all are bitching about. I'd be the guy in the merch line just trying to buy a blue shirt when Thumbing My Way gets played. :haha:



The only time I was ever in Texas was for pj in Dallas and while it was an interesting setlist, pointed lecturing from the stage aside, I wouldn’t be running back to that town for anything.
Bring on Houston or Austin and I’m there.


were you at the Dallas '03 show?



The very one


Hey me too!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 12:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 26, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 5689
Location: the afterlife...
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
washing machine wrote:
If Pearl Jam finally decided to play Houston again, I'd go in a heartbeat. If I wasn't a regular on this board, I would be oblivious to everything you all are bitching about. I'd be the guy in the merch line just trying to buy a blue shirt when Thumbing My Way gets played. :haha:



The only time I was ever in Texas was for pj in Dallas and while it was an interesting setlist, pointed lecturing from the stage aside, I wouldn’t be running back to that town for anything.
Bring on Houston or Austin and I’m there.


were you at the Dallas '03 show?



The very one


Hey me too!

I was gonna ask the same thing... I was there..

The WMD joke was lame, but Bush did live there, which is most likely why the band didn't return afterwards for a decade! All the Dallas shows 1993 through 2003 were very memorable and had great crowds...

There's really no reason to like big D, though!

_________________
Dev wrote:
Thip is no the best poster ever like you say.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 12:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:15 pm
Posts: 17724
Location: Seattle, WA
my sis lives there, so gonna go visit next month. have only spent a collective ~48 hours in dallas in my life


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 26, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 5689
Location: the afterlife...
bodysnatcher wrote:
my sis lives there, so gonna go visit next month. have only spent a collective ~48 hours in dallas in my life

I lived there for 35 years! still have to go there to see family about once per year, although after my time there this summer, I proclaimed never again.

Dallas is all about commerce, who can have the biggest home, the biggest tits, the nicest Lexus suv, etc... just a lot of zombies living to work.

_________________
Dev wrote:
Thip is no the best poster ever like you say.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 4:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:28 pm
Posts: 9640
Location: Space City
Dallas is so far removed from the Texas I’m familiar with.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 4:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Wed February 26, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 5689
Location: the afterlife...
washing machine wrote:
Dallas is so far removed from the Texas I’m familiar with.

yeah, but Houston sucks, too!

West of Austin... Lake Travis, the TX Hill Country... that's where it's at.

_________________
Dev wrote:
Thip is no the best poster ever like you say.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 8:25 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:26 pm
Posts: 288
I'm pretty on the fence about wearing Pearl Jam t-shirts. I wouldn't go out of my way to do it, but we all need a t-shirt on right? Reminds me of the colours debate in sports. I don't tend to wear them anymore but have been tempted to start doing it again just to get at the casual, danny dyer wannabe, "if you're working class you vote Tory" twats.

_________________
GET LONDON OUT OF THE UK. WE ARE NOT BRITISH, MIDDLE ENGLAND DOES NOT SPEAK FOR US.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 1:41 am 
Offline
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Fri June 24, 2016 2:49 pm
Posts: 153
Iholdthepain wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
washing machine wrote:
If Pearl Jam finally decided to play Houston again, I'd go in a heartbeat. If I wasn't a regular on this board, I would be oblivious to everything you all are bitching about. I'd be the guy in the merch line just trying to buy a blue shirt when Thumbing My Way gets played. :haha:



The only time I was ever in Texas was for pj in Dallas and while it was an interesting setlist, pointed lecturing from the stage aside, I wouldn’t be running back to that town for anything.
Bring on Houston or Austin and I’m there.


were you at the Dallas '03 show?



The very one


Hey me too!

I was gonna ask the same thing... I was there..

The WMD joke was lame, but Bush did live there, which is most likely why the band didn't return afterwards for a decade! All the Dallas shows 1993 through 2003 were very memorable and had great crowds...

There's really no reason to like big D, though!

The WMD joke was lame, but tons of people looked under their seats when he said it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 1:45 am 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Tue August 21, 2018 6:51 pm
Posts: 23
dad wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
washing machine wrote:
If Pearl Jam finally decided to play Houston again, I'd go in a heartbeat. If I wasn't a regular on this board, I would be oblivious to everything you all are bitching about. I'd be the guy in the merch line just trying to buy a blue shirt when Thumbing My Way gets played. :haha:



The only time I was ever in Texas was for pj in Dallas and while it was an interesting setlist, pointed lecturing from the stage aside, I wouldn’t be running back to that town for anything.
Bring on Houston or Austin and I’m there.


were you at the Dallas '03 show?



The very one


Hey me too!

I was gonna ask the same thing... I was there..

The WMD joke was lame, but Bush did live there, which is most likely why the band didn't return afterwards for a decade! All the Dallas shows 1993 through 2003 were very memorable and had great crowds...

There's really no reason to like big D, though!

The WMD joke was lame, but tons of people looked under their seats when he said it.


I was at this show too. My third. I hadn't heard Alive live yet, and bam! Opener. That was cool.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 1:57 am 
Offline
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Fri June 24, 2016 2:49 pm
Posts: 153
RAG319 wrote:
dad wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
washing machine wrote:
If Pearl Jam finally decided to play Houston again, I'd go in a heartbeat. If I wasn't a regular on this board, I would be oblivious to everything you all are bitching about. I'd be the guy in the merch line just trying to buy a blue shirt when Thumbing My Way gets played. :haha:



The only time I was ever in Texas was for pj in Dallas and while it was an interesting setlist, pointed lecturing from the stage aside, I wouldn’t be running back to that town for anything.
Bring on Houston or Austin and I’m there.


were you at the Dallas '03 show?



The very one


Hey me too!

I was gonna ask the same thing... I was there..

The WMD joke was lame, but Bush did live there, which is most likely why the band didn't return afterwards for a decade! All the Dallas shows 1993 through 2003 were very memorable and had great crowds...

There's really no reason to like big D, though!

The WMD joke was lame, but tons of people looked under their seats when he said it.


I was at this show too. My third. I hadn't heard Alive live yet, and bam! Opener. That was cool.

The thing I remember about this show was the dude who wore a hat with scrolling LEDs, and he programmed it so he could type song requests. He kept trying to get the band to play Sleight of Hand for a while. It was great. They didn’t play it, but it was still great.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Pearl Jam Fans You Know
PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 2:07 am 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Wed April 20, 2016 7:11 pm
Posts: 4405
Want:

http://www.subliworks.com/pearl-jam-photo-collage-t-shirt/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIisDeo8j_3AIVkYZpCh1IJAoxEAkYASABEgImYPD_BwE

_________________
Kaius wrote:
I really hope we get this figured out soon


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 36  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu September 20, 2018 8:43 pm