The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Backspacer & Lightning Bolt - rank the songs
PostPosted: Sat March 24, 2018 11:37 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

daft twat wrote:
On the plus side, here are some songs not off these two albums I’ve caught for the first (and sometimes second and third) time at those shows: Brother, Smile, In My Tree, Satan’s Bed, Alone, Let Me Sleep, Bugs, Hold On, All or None, No Way, Sonic Reducer, Breath, Black, Red, and Yellow, Bugs, Help, help, Oceans, Real Me, Of the Earth, Bee Girl, Chloe/crown, Red Mosquito, In the Moonlght, Dead Man, Don’t Gimme No Lip...I guess that’s a better list than my unseen bs/lb list.

That's a great list.

PostPosted: Sat March 24, 2018 11:51 pm 
Rank This Poster

durdencommatyler wrote:
Wow. How do you guys find the money and the time?

Time: I’m a teacher. Most of those shows are in the summer.

Money: My wife and I are both teachers. We do better than most people think teachers do. I believe the key is cars. She drove the same car for 14 years. I am on year 11 of my Camry. We have 2 boys (8 and almost 11). My wife’s sisters live near, so we help each other as occasional sitters. I can count on one hand the number of times we’ve paid for a sitter. We’re just focused. We spend our money on our mortgage (done this October!) and travel. Those are our priorities. I go to maybe 6 or 7 concerts a year. Most are 10 minutes away. Half are $10 shows.

PostPosted: Sat March 24, 2018 11:58 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

daft twat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Wow. How do you guys find the money and the time?

Time: I’m a teacher. Most of those shows are in the summer.

Money: My wife and I are both teachers. We do better than most people think teachers do. I believe the key is cars. She drove the same car for 14 years. I am on year 11 of my Camry. We have 2 boys (8 and almost 11). My wife’s sisters live near, so we help each other as occasional sitters. I can count on one hand the number of times we’ve paid for a sitter. We’re just focused. We spend our money on our mortgage (done this October!) and travel. Those are our priorities. I go to maybe 6 or 7 concerts a year. Most are 10 minutes away. Half are $10 shows.

Well done. That's some fucking serious priority management there. I'm impressed.

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 12:01 am 
10Club Complaint Department

I spend all my money on beer and my kids.

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 12:20 am 
Rank This Poster

PHATJ wrote:

Kids are a killer. Mine are the reason I am in a sweat to pay off my mortgage. If they do their part in and out of the classroom, they will not have debt after college. That’s my goal/legacy.

I drink cheap whiskey and I drink it at home. I buy my clothes at Target, use the $5 non-stadium movie theater, just get new batteries instead of a new phone, and make sure my hotels have free breakfast. My kids play soccer and basketball instead of football and hockey. That alone is literally thousands saved every year. My big extravagance is we shop at Cub and Costco instead of Aldi cuz fuck that.

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 12:34 am 

daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Kids are a killer. Mine are the reason I am in a sweat to pay off my mortgage. If they do their part in and out of the classroom, they will not have debt after college. That’s my goal/legacy.

I drink cheap whiskey and I drink it at home. I buy my clothes at Target, use the $5 non-stadium movie theater, just get new batteries instead of a new phone, and make sure my hotels have free breakfast. My kids play soccer and basketball instead of football and hockey. That alone is literally thousands saved every year. My big extravagance is we shop at Cub and Costco instead of Aldi cuz fuck that.

Honestly, I’m very much the same way. We shop at target and kohl’s. My vehicles are paid off. My only debt is my mortgage. My kids all play basketball and my son also plays baseball. Most of our vacations are spent at our cabin, which my parents built and paid off years ago and gifted to my brother and me about five years ago. I don’t really ever go to bars to drink, but I do love breweries, and I’m a foodie so we dine out at good restaurants a lot. So that’s where most of my expendable income goes. But I’m very conscious of staying as debt free as possible. And I’ve never paid a late fee or one cent of interest on a credit card.

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 12:39 am 
The Master

Jesus Christ I’m so glad I don’t have kids

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 12:44 am 

Nothing has brought me more joy in life than my kids. And it’s not close.

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 12:45 am 
Rank This Poster

LoathedVermin72 wrote:

I’m glad, too, friend.

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 12:53 am 
Rank This Poster

PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Honestly, I’m very much the same way. We shop at target and kohl’s. My vehicles are paid off. My only debt is my mortgage. My kids all play basketball and my son also plays baseball. Most of our vacations are spent at our cabin, which my parents built and paid off years ago and gifted to my brother and me about five years ago. I don’t really ever go to bars to drink, but I do love breweries, and I’m a foodie so we dine out at good restaurants a lot. So that’s where most of my expendable income goes. But I’m very conscious of staying as debt free as possible. And I’ve never paid a late fee or one cent of interest on a credit card.

Where is your cabin? Ours is up on Vermilion. Pain in the ass drive, but it’s pretty great.

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 1:25 am 

daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Where is your cabin? Ours is up on Vermilion. Pain in the ass drive, but it’s pretty great.

We’re on a smallish lake called Placid Lake between Garrison and Deerwood. Very close to Rutgers Bay Lake Lodge.

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 1:30 am 
Rank This Poster

PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

We’re on a smallish lake called Placid Lake between Garrison and Deerwood. Very close to Rutgers Bay Lake Lodge.

About 2 hours drive? Perfect. Ours is 3 and a half plus road construction.

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 1:33 am 

daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Yep, just under two hours because I live in the northern suburbs. It’s perfect. My kids would hate a 3.5 hour drive but they handle two hours really well.

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 3:06 am 
The Master

daft twat wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

I’m glad, too, friend.

WTF

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 3:35 am 
Rank This Poster

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
daft twat wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

I’m glad, too, friend.

WTF

:D
I’m kidding. Kind of. Nothing more tragic than parents who didn’t want kids. They’re not for everyone, and they’re not necessary for happiness.

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 3:41 am 
Posting (live)

daft twat wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
daft twat wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

I’m glad, too, friend.

WTF

:D
I’m kidding. Kind of. Nothing more tragic than parents who didn’t want kids. They’re not for everyone, and they’re not necessary for happiness.

I'm pretty sure LV has said as much before, daft.

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 3:46 am 
for those who
are not...shall be

PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:
daft twat wrote:
PHATJ wrote:

Yep, just under two hours because I live in the northern suburbs. It’s perfect. My kids would hate a 3.5 hour drive but they handle two hours really well.

Why is playing football expensive ?

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 3:59 am 
Rank This Poster

Quote:
Why is playing football expensive ?

It isn’t. Hockey is. Skates, sticks, kit, ice time, travel...it’s crazy. B-ball is shoes. I hate basketball, though. That’s the price I pay.

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 12:17 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

PHATJ wrote:
Nothing has brought me more joy in life than my kids. And it’s not close.

This x100! I have cut down on a lot of things since they were born, but wouldn’t consider trading it for anything.

PostPosted: Sun March 25, 2018 9:14 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Some very sensible parents on this board. I appreciate reading about your life and the choices you make.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Pearl Jam